How Many Months Of 65000 In Thai Bank Account Required For Retirement Visa?

Looked around but could not see answer to this.

I'm a UK citizen over 50. thinking about getting a retirement visa. Currently I'm on a Non Imm O.

I believe the 800,000 baht has to in your Thai bank account for 3 months.

How many months of 65,000 baht a month coming in to your Thai bank account are required?

Thank you.

Just so I got this right, you can show 65000bht a month going in as well as out?

just take your bank book from your thai bank to the embassy, they verify and thats it?

Each embassy has it's own requirements for what's needed to obtain the income letter. However, I can say, nobody cares about what you SPEND in Thailand (the out part) for immigration qualification purposes.

Edited by Jingthing

Just so I got this right, you can show 65000bht a month going in as well as out?

just take your bank book from your thai bank to the embassy, they verify and thats it?

Each embassy has it's own requirements for what's needed to obtain the income letter. However, I can say, nobody cares about what you SPEND in Thailand (the out part) for immigration qualification purposes.

thanks , so one could re use the same 65,000bht each month then

With immigration here on Samui, I wanted to go down that route, so I asked the previous year & was told regardless of bank letter, they wanted to see a few months deposits in my account.

But each office interprets the rules differently.

thanks , so one could re use the same 65,000bht each month then

I have no idea what you mean. Ask your embassy specifically what they require to obtain an income letter. Or state your nationality here and people may tell you. American embassy requires only that you state a number and sign that it is true. Others demand official pension documents, etc.

Yes, some immigration offices may sometimes want to see evidence of income DEPOSITS. There is no official national policy for what immigration will want to see other than the EMBASSY LETTER, and enforcement policies vary office to office and change over time. Immigration also has the right to ask for more documentation in addition to the embassy letter whenever they want if they find your application suspicious for some reason. That doesn't mean that happens a lot; it just means they have the right, and should give people incentive not to lie to their embassy.

Edited by Jingthing

Up here in Nakhon Sawan they want to see either,

800,000 baht in the bank for 2 months before the first application and for subsequent applications it must be there 3 months before

OR

a letter from your embassy confirming at least 65,000 baht per month income.

I have no experience of other immigration offices apart from Mae Sot nearly 3 years ago but some posters tell of different immigration offices wanting something different.

Different embassies have different rules but the UK embassy requires pension or other income statements and if you ask them to quote the gross figure (before tax) they will do so and the cost in Chiang Mai in July for me was 2,340 baht.

With an income exceeding the 65,000 baht there is no requirement at least up here to have money in the bank.

I hope that this information is of use to you

The British Embassy in Bangkok, require atleast 4 months bank statements or similar for proof of income, the statements can be printed from an online account.

They average the amount shown as "IN" for that period and then pro rata that for the average annual/monthly income to issue the letter that states " has demonstrated an income of.....XXXX "

If applying via the income method its this letter that is required by immigration, they may also want supporting paperwork depending on which office you attend, although in my experience it hasn't been asked for.

Edited by CharlieH

The British Embassy in Bangkok, require atleast 4 months bank statements or similar for proof of income, the statements can be printed from an online account.

They average the amount shown as "IN" for that period and then pro rata that for the average annual/monthly income to issue the letter that states " has demonstrated an income of.....XXXX "

Very useful, thank you.

Do the payments in to the Thai bank account have to come from a source identified as a pension ie Aviva or similar?

Or do they just take the total of all payments into the Thai account from whatever source?

Very useful, thank you.

Do the payments in to the Thai bank account have to come from a source identified as a pension ie Aviva or similar?

Or do they just take the total of all payments into the Thai account from whatever source?

The bank account is not important as to where it is, as long as you have the paperwork to support it.

They look at "IN" not what type of income or where it came from, only interested in the credited amount.

I would suggest you make a cover sheet stating how much IN and total per month credited.

do that for each of the 4 months, then multiply by 3 for yearly figure and then divide by 12 for average monthly figure.

They'll verify that from the statements and give you your letter.

I am thinking going the combo route. for my retirement extension to my visa.

I am from Ireland. Can I get proof of income from my embassy in Ireland

and have it with me for when I do the application at a later date?

Pat :jap:

Edited by newbepat