Shirtmakers In Chiang Mai

Mekong Bob

Any tailor or dressmaker will do it for you and charge for their labour. The usual charge of making a shirt (without the fabric) is 250 to 300 baht. Make sure you have a photo of the style of shirt you want to show them so that they can copy the pattern.

This is a job that a dressmaker could do more cheaply than a tailor shop, especially since you want to use fabric you have already. There are dressmakers everywhere. If you let us know what part of town, perhaps you'd get some suggestions. Also, are you comfortable with someone who speaks only Thai? You could ask the ladies in your neighborhood where they go, especially ladies over 40 who dress well -- both Thai and western. In fact, the Thai ladies would probably be an excellent source of this information. Expect to pay around 250 - 350 baht depending upon how complex the style. Usually they charge less per shirt if you have several of the same style made at once, because they can use the same pattern for all.

As for fabric, there are numerous shops in the narrow sois around Warorot (Kad Luang). Some of the best for menswear fabrics are fairly small. Take a few hours a look around, especially on Wichayanon Rd.

Edited by NancyL

I sent my wife to school to learn how to make them.

Now she makes all my clothes. One problem is every time she see's a fabric she likes I get a new shirt. I have enough of them to wear a new one ev3ery day for a month.

Now if I can find a place to send her to make shoes :P

I sent my wife to school to learn how to make them.

Now she makes all my clothes. One problem is every time she see's a fabric she likes I get a new shirt. I have enough of them to wear a new one ev3ery day for a month.

Now if I can find a place to send her to make shoes :P

Maybe your wife can put her creative talents to work making shirts for the OP!