Are Most Thai Women Possessive/Jealous?

fritter1970

My missus and I have been married for fifteen years and it was really iffy (whether or not it would last) during the first three years because of her insane jealousy... and I'm not a person who goes out to bars (without her) or even out at all after sunset (again without her); but she was insanely jealous and imagined all kinds of things going on that were all in her head. She would see another beautiful Asian girl on the street (in the U.S.) and become violently angry with me accusing me of looking at her when, in all honesty, I hadn't even noticed her.

I seriously thought she needed to see a shrink as her mind was always making up scenarios that made her insanely jealous. I put it down to the fact that she was young, inexperienced, and maybe had been treated badly by other men.

Anyway, after a few years, and a lot of fights and talks about her jealousy it subsided to what I would call normal. Now there is no problem, but if I was the kind of person who goes out with friends to bars at night without her, I suspect that it would rear it's ugly head again.

I had two western wives, two fiances, and many long term girlfriends (being a serial monogamist) and I have never experienced jealousy like I have with my wife and a Thai GF before her.

/quote/

Group:Members

Posted 2011-10-11 15:50:29

I have a Thai lady who I am friends with, and I must stress just friends. She has evidently developed feelings for me and with this has come massive relationship expectations, possessiveness and jealousy.

She is a great single mother who I respect deeply for working an honest but low-paying job. But I have to be honest and say that I am not attracted to her.

What is going on here? Is this trait of massive relationship expectations, possessiveness and jealousy a cultural trait of Thai women when they develop an attraction for a man? /unquote/

You may involuntarily have given her signals that she read in a wishful, not accurate way. I have been in a similar situation here. Talk to her and ask her what she wants. And tell her what you want from your relation. Do it asap. You say you value your relation so you need to clarify this soonest. If she has developed deeper feelings that are not mutual, she may not be able to handle what she may see as a refusal from your side. Some women cannot accept that a man may not want everything they do. And again, she may see your point and want to continue being your friend. But for both your sakes, you need to sort this now.

Unsubstatiated jealousy = insecurity. Insecurity = a lack of emotional maturity. Trying to live with someone possessing this trait is akin to trying to live with someone with mental development of a 16 year old high school girl. Ongoing unsubtantiated and unwarranted jealously = mental instability. This has the potential to make ones life a misery. Why any sane, balanced, normal guy would put up with this kind of nonsense is beyond me. Perhaps they are masochists and enjoy the mind games and stress associated with being with a woman like this. In Thailand there's simply no need to put up with this kind of childishness. Get rid of them and get one that doesn't think, and behave, like a 16 year old high school girl.

My ex western wife while in court for our divorce insisted that the judge send me to see a shrink. I went to see the court appointed shrink and after some time he asked me if I was a masochist because I stuck with her for so many years.

The judge read the report from the shrink and was amused by the report. After the judge told my wife some of the details, my ex wife threatened to sue the shrink. I ended up getting taken to the cleaners but the divorce was granted.

No way would I have EVER married another jealous woman. Trust me, It's not worth it.