New 90 Day Notification Procedure

I went to Bangkok Immigration on Chaeng Wattanna this week to do my 90 notification. They have a new procedure which will hopefully streamline the process. We can only hope that it also will open up more channels to report such as internet, etc. Now when you do your 90 report they process your form right at the windows. A computerized receipt is printed which contains a new already filled out TM47. The next time you go in you just bring the entire A4 paper, date it at the top and sign it. If you have moved you just note your new address on the pre-printed form.

post-36380-0-46845800-1318494067_thumb.j

Edited by jackbox

This is good news to hear for both foreigners and Immigration clerks who are inundated with tedious and often duplicated paperwork. Is this development nationwide or just a select few offices? Thanks for the posting.Lets hope more internet renewals can be undertaken in the future.

Edited by Hugh Jarse

I am only familiar with the main Bangkok office. My guess is that it not already, eventually it would go nationwide. There is a barcode on the receipt so if they were really swift the next time you go they could just scan the barcode to really save time.

Edited by jackbox

On the subject of 90 day reporting is there any news on how we stand due to flooding. I am due to report in the next few days and I am concerned that if I cannot I will be in trouble any advice or news?

Edited by dumpling

The flooding situation in Bangkok can change from one minute to the next. Watch local television channels for updates to see whether any area through which you would need to travel to go to Chaeng Watthana is flooded.

You could have mailed the notification but it's probably too late now for it to arrive at the immigration office before the due date.