Thaivisa Doesn'T Like Word

IanForbes

Being a bit dyslectic, I often make typos, and it's easier to just copy and paste a paragraph into WORD and run a spell check to make corrections. But, when I paste it back into a thaivisa topic the auto seems to delete the gaps between some words... but not all of them. I DO know the gaps were there before I cut and paste them. Do others have this problem.

Not seen an issue myself, but I don't often paste from Word as I use FireFox with a UK dictionary add-in. Any chance of posting an example including attaching the Word file?

Let's put this in support.

Yes, I have the same problem.

Also noticed that when copying and pasting text from Microsoft word into Thai visa, some of the fonts change and for some reason the last line of the text enlarges and goes out of proportion.

I get around this problem by first creating and editing my text in Microsoft word, so I am able to do spell checks and all the rest of it, then I copy and paste into wordpad, then copy and paste directly from wordpad into Thai visa.

Using this method, my text and spacing stays in alignment and all the fonts remain the same with no distortions.

Try it and see, it works.

Being dyslectic, also use M/S Word and Open Office, yes often the format spaces and new paragraphs gets lost, deleted, mixed up..

For me anyway, the problem with Thaivisa spell checker will not find word I am trying to use.. eg: type a word on here and it is underlined in red, the options given for what I have typed = 4 or maybe 5 options all 100% look incorrect, in M/S word options given = 10.

Non dyslectic people have no idea how difficult it is + as I am UK English, lots of the spell checkers are US English and spelled different..

Now this is good 'spelt different'...... There is NO option for this spelling on Thaivisa + tried lots of way to spell this, Thaivisa option is what I used spelled = not what i wanted... yet in M/S Word drop down 'spelt' is fine

For me anyway, the problem with Thaivisa spell checker will not find word I am trying to use..

Actually Thaivisa does not have spell checking itself, it is dependent on the built in spell checker of the browser. Chrome and Firefox have it built in, IE9 appears you need to add it.

I just opened up all three browser and FF & Chrome underline in red the misspelled word and IE9 does not nor give any options for spell checking.

Thanks for all the replies. I TRY to get things right, but it is frustrating. It's not really that big a deal to just re-edit the post when I see the mix ups, but it confused me at first thinking I had made a mistake. I'll try to give an example by putting this text into WORD and then bring it back here... and see what happens.

Thanks for all the replies. I TRY to get things right,but it is frustrating. It's not really that big a deal to just re-edit the postwhen I see the mix ups, but it confused me at first thinking I had made amistake. I'll try to give an example by putting this text into WORD and thenbring it back here... and see what happens.

Not every Firefox has spell check included, mine does not as the local regulations do not allow to automatically distribute it, so I woul need to add the dictionaries first manually and then activate them.

The other problem might be your word version and / or the font and the coding you are using in word versus Firefox. If you are using a font that is not supported in Firefox / TV reply box, this could cause a problem (i.e. private fonts vs. Arial / Times New roman etc.). If you are using different encoding (i.e. UTF-8 in one and some ISO code in the other, then this might mix up also... so it is difficult to say.

Just to show what I mean: I copy your text to my word and then back here... and nothing changes...

Thanks for all the replies. I TRY to get things right, but it is frustrating. It's not really that big a deal to just re-edit the post when I see the mix ups, but it confused me at first thinking I had made a mistake. I'll try to give an example by putting this text into WORD and then bring it back here... and see what happens.

Thanks for all the replies. I TRY to get things right,but it is frustrating. It's not really that big a deal to just re-edit the postwhen I see the mix ups, but it confused me at first thinking I had made amistake. I'll try to give an example by putting this text into WORD and thenbring it back here... and see what happens.

Edited by Swiss1960

I was curious as to the differences. Appears Canadian English is a cross between American and British English. British-Canadian-American.

For the most part, Canadian English is like real (British) English, but incorporates a lot of French (Quebecois) spellings and idioms.