Want A Brand Name Quad Bike, New.

BSJ

Not one bike shop that sells Honda or Yamaha in Pattaya stocks new quads! Not may places to buy second-hand either, not that I would. And they are Chinese shyt new or S/H. I've tried the dealers in Phitsanulok, Sak Lek and Phi Chit as well.

Has anyone in Bangkok seen a dealership with quad bikes?

Thanks Tony, I get blank looks at Mityon! There is a Yamaha place on Sukumvit Rd near Factory outlets, will enquire there.

The other option maybe to import one....but that could be as big a hassle as bringing in a street bike or car. :blink:

Thanks Tony, I get blank looks at Mityon! There is a Yamaha place on Sukumvit Rd near Factory outlets, will enquire there.

The other option maybe to import one....but that could be as big a hassle as bringing in a street bike or car. :blink:

Not so, because you don't have to bother with registration as they are not road legal.

There is a Polaris dealer in Phitsanulok; you just did not find it. They will special order other brands for you. The problem with ATV's in Thailand is that they are imported and hit with the huge import duty. I imported a Suzuki King Quad 500 AXi Power Steering from the USA myself and saved a bundle. It was a royal pian in the ass becasue of the US government. Of course they have to stick thewir noses in. The Thai government was no problem. The machine arrives and you have the opportunity to negotiate taxes and grease palms. Unlike motorcycles, getting a plate and registration is not an issue because there is no registration of ATV's in Thailand. It simply does not exist and they are not street legal, although riding aroung the streets in my village is not a problem. I use it primarily as a utility vehicle, but there are ATV clubs and you can trailer the quad for off-roading in the forests.

I saved well over 100,000 baht bringing it in myself.

Thanks for the replies folks.

I haven't talked to Por about the issue of registration. I just assumed he would be OK running around on it like he does on the Kubota...minus rego.

Towing a 500 kilo trailer or pulling a self powered grass mower were the requirements. It's not hilly, so we don't need a massive quad.

Thailand has only one company which sells famous brand ATV's in Thailand, and that is Polaris (http://www.polarisindustries.com).

Polaris ATV (Thailand) Co Ltd is located at Tumbol Sam Rong Amphoe Phra Pradaeng Samut Prakan 10130 Thailand, but I don't think they don't sell direct.

The Polaris also has an official dealer in Thailand,

H2O CO., LTD.

1 NKK BUILDING 1 MOO 3

ROT RANG KAO ROAD, SOM RONG TAI

PRAPRADANG, SA THAILAND

Telephone 02-7435151

Contact Khun Charles Pinthanon (speaks English)