Where Is It Flooding ?

anon7867763

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got an email from the german embassy, saying that tomorrow, at 6 pm there will be the worst floodings and possibly also into the inner center.

That would fit very good to our predictions here, and... I trust the embassy more than the government in moment.

Probably I will hit the Londoner later for some "Flood survival drinking" - I guess not much people left in BKK to do so

Good luck to all :)

Watcharaphon Update:

---Little bit of water coming out of drainage just past Wattanakosin School - the small canal next to the school quite high, but still OK...up about a centimeter from yesterday. They are pumping water from my village out to the canal, under control so far.

---Pockets of water along the road going North. the 'lake' on the right going North, past Palm Lake Resort has taken over 2 1/2 lanes, grown a bit. The area where they are constructing the new road is turning into a lake.

---I got as far as just before the German restaurant (Shcweine, or whatever it is called - good pork knuckle there!), and turned around. Water has crept up a bit since yesterday, but not much, just deeper now where it was before, and not moving too fast South.

---If you take a right, on the road that goes to Foodland, there is a little bit of water seeping out from behind the shops, just after the expressway overpass. I went in a bit, it's another 'lake' back there, and is pretty much at capacity right now.

Sorry I can't go further down North than the restaurants for you guys, I know you must want to know what is happening there. Don't want to risk the car unless I have to. If anyone has updates further North than I went, let me know.

Let's see if when they finally start draining the canal it will ease the water creep.....

tominbkk Thank-you so much for your regular Watcharaphon updates. I have left home near the 5 way intersection and it is so nice to read your reports about how our house might be fairing.

Thanks again and best of luck!

Vans from Victory Monument to Pattaya and other locations via motorway are running.

If there are usually vans there to Sakeo, they should still be running as well as Motorway and 314 to Chachengsao and onward east is all clear and dry.

The problem with routes to the northeast is just the north part of Bangkok, routing through Chahchengsao works. (A little longer though)

Yeah the Sa Kaeo vans are normally lined up next to the Pattaya vans at Victoria Monument,thanks.

Out on the bike this morning oct 28th. West Bangkok Omnio to Phuthamonthon sai 4 no water until Salaya north of Borommaraichchonnani lots of water.

Phuthamonthon sai 4 to sai 5 and to Rai Khing turn off water in low areas but passable.

Small klongs overflowing near Rai Khing.post-79592-0-16077800-1319781054_thumb.jpost-79592-0-94112400-1319781074_thumb.jpost-79592-0-28080400-1319781124_thumb.j

Tha Chin river at wat Rai khing not flooding.

Also army heavy plant equipment Salaya end of sai 4.

WEST SIDE OF BANGKOK

UPDATE:

FRIDAY 16.14 pm

Thanon Utthayan Road (Beautiful Road with the many light) at the end toward Phuthamonthon sai 3 flooded ( small car can not pass only pick-up). I had to turn back

Many Sois left and right already flooded. Water heading down south slowly towards Phetkasem

For the travel speed of water:

Yesterday 16.14 pm - Borommaraichchonnani entrance to Phuthamonthon sai 4 was still ok to drive - not today

Thanon Watthana Canal at Thanon Utthayan Road(Prince Palace) on West side still 20 cm space ,on east side however due to smaller wall almost or already overflowing in some parts

382226_2518533051975_1512745064_32699062_1580415488_n.jpg

How's the route from Bkk to Nakon Patom..? Possible or not via Puttamonton or Petkasaem?

Phetkasem ok no water but very busy. Isn't Borommaraaichachonnani now closed from Pin klao to Phuthmonthon sai 4 ?

How's the route from Bkk to Nakon Patom..? Possible or not via Puttamonton or Petkasaem?

Phetkasem ok no water but very busy. Isn't Borommaraaichachonnani now closed from Pin klao to Phuthmonthon sai 4 ?

Yes, no chance to go and water already more south of Borommaraaichachonnani between Phuthmonthon sai 3 + 4

PETKASEM IS CLEAR but very, very busy. the other main rd past Mahidol is water logged towards bkk but actually looked clearish towards Nk.. but cannot be sure i would do petkasem..

these Mahidol Pictures taken about 3pm

post-62652-0-03027200-1319793905_thumb.j

post-62652-0-12605000-1319794033_thumb.j

Edited by thaicbr

The 4pm News update from TAN Network said that there is 'good news' for the Pra Khanong and sois around 50. Apparently they had started flooding today due to some [unspecified] engineering breakdown which has now been fixed by engineers; they said that water is now being pumped back into [the canal]/[wherever it came from].

Square brackets cos I didn't get the exact words describing what went wrong or where the water is now being shepherded back to.

Phew my not-yet-moved-into 25th floor condo near Onnut Tesco will not be inundated after-all :rolleyes:.

is nana and cowboy still dry?? (planning friday night!)

About 15 minutes ago, both Nana and Asok (meters from Soi Cowboy) were still dry.

Thanks 'bt90209' can you stay there all night and report back please?

Two posts in six years, this really must be serious :rolleyes:

is nana and cowboy still dry?? (planning friday night!)

About 15 minutes ago, both Nana and Asok (meters from Soi Cowboy) were still dry.

Thanks 'bt90209' can you stay there all night and report back please?

Two posts in six years, this really must be serious :rolleyes:

No problems... We do not want to loose soi cowboy/Nana do we, it's stil dry btw.

Edited by bt90209

We called to someone we know in Khu Bon Rd (Ram Inthra soi 71,km.8). He said that water is coming up through the drains at Wat Khu Bon. Also at the end of our soi. Khu Bon soi 27.

I guess it is just a matter of time until it floods. I guess this water is coming from Minburi side.

Looking at GE it seems you have canals on both sides of you (13°51'9.06"N, 100°39'57.65"E). Best of luck!

I just got an email from the german embassy, saying that tomorrow, at 6 pm there will be the worst floodings and possibly also into the inner center.

That would fit very good to our predictions here, and... I trust the embassy more than the government in moment.

Probably I will hit the Londoner later for some "Flood survival drinking" - I guess not much people left in BKK to do so

Good luck to all :)

Lots of predictions, thankfully none of them have been true yet. I wonder where the German Govt. got their intel?

The images showing Bangkok as an island amid a sea of raging waters seems to be a bit overblown. I travelled the road from central Bangkok to Chonburi this afternoon and could see absolutely no water in places where it shouldn't have been (I left before the Pra Kanong snafu)

Bang Na and eastern Bangkok is an area with numerous irrigation ponds and other deliberate bodies of water, but none of the klongs were over their banks, and even the Bangpakong river was well under control.

I know there are areas where things are bad, even life-threatening, but Sukhumvit and the rest of eastern (as opposed to north-eastern) Bangkok seem to be holding on okay.

The only part of Boromrachachonnani that is open is from the old southern bus terminal (srinthorn intersection) to Phutthamonthon Sai 2. From the old southern bus terminal to pin klao bridge is closed and from Phutthamonthon Sai 2 out is closed. However Kanchanapisek, phuthhamonthon Sai 1and 2 and 4 is clear. Phutthamonthon sai 3 and liap khlong thawi is flooded is some parts (not recommended)

Phetchkasem is open but bumper to bumper as far as i can see. The construction for the BTS or MRT on Petchkasem doesn't help either because only 2 lanes of each side is avaiable for cars.

If any of you want to get out west or south better use Rama 2 better.

Edited by mdechgan

We called to someone we know in Khu Bon Rd (Ram Inthra soi 71,km.8). He said that water is coming up through the drains at Wat Khu Bon. Also at the end of our soi. Khu Bon soi 27.

I guess it is just a matter of time until it floods. I guess this water is coming from Minburi side.

Looking at GE it seems you have canals on both sides of you (13°51'9.06"N, 100°39'57.65"E). Best of luck!

Thanks.

Man, there is canals all over the place. All full.

We left on Wednesday night 11PM. Staying in Ban Pong. Glad we left then considering the Phetkasem is packed now.

Might go back on Tuesday, depending on conditions.

Announcements were just made 18:00 over the tannoy (sp?) on Onnut Soi 44 (the soi that joins Onnut with Sukhumvit 101/1)that those wanting to be evacuated should sign up at 7:00 a.m. tomorrow morning. I assume that the emergency center in that area is either at Wat Chiratham temple or the temple school. Do they know something we don't? I cycled around the area today and the klongs were not overly full.

post-19515-0-20836800-1319802487_thumb.j

Bkk - Ubon.

Highway 7 towards Chonburi, hang a left to Phanat Nikhom.

Go through town, head towards Kabin Buri.

However, turn right towards Sa Kaeo before hitting Kabin.

You will now be driving more or less parallel to the Cambodian border so expect quite a few road blocks along the way.

Bypass Sa Kaeo, keep driving straight and follow the road all the way to Buriram. From there on, you have lots of choices to get to Ubon. Journey took only 10 hours. Crossing the mountain range much easier than going the Kabin Buri way.

Very little water in sight.

A good map for updates (but in Thai) - more users than other maps for the East of BKK

http://www.gamling.org/

NIMIT MAI ROAD UPDATE

As of Friday 28 Oct, 14.00, from Soi 57 on Nimitmai Road all the way up to Klong Hok Wa - the water has now come from the west side and started to creep over the road, albeit slowly.

Cars coming down Nimitmai from Klong Hok Wa direction, but not many and seemed to be mostly trucks and pickups, so perhaps saloon cars cant make it (we didnt go all the way to the top, so not sure).

Top of Hat Thai Rat Road (just before Kanchanapisek Highway bridge) has more water on the north/east side, up from yesterday, and 1 more village is now under water (maybe 30c-50cm). May not be long before going north-west on HTR is not possible.

cheers

Anyone else using the free elevation app for iPhone? Curious to know if it's accurate. My house is showing an above sea level elevation of 7.2m (ASL). I am about to find out if it is accurate as 7.2 ASL is about the highest elevation I could find in the area and the water just arrived down the street.