Where Is It Flooding ?

anon7867763

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in mo baan Noble Geo, Ruam Mit Phatthana, Watcharapol, Raminthra

not flooded yet. sewage water raised from Tue -20cm below surface, Wed -10cm below, Thu 08.00h -8cm below. some sois in the mo baan, sewage water spilled out already, not serious yet.

the end section of Ruam Mit Phatthana ( 5-junction to the east ) still dry, but only few people in the morning market.

Hi neighbour. I would greatly appreciate you keeping informed the situation in the village. I have moved out but am really curious as to the situation in the moo baan. Please keep giving updates if you can. Best of luck to you and our homes.

I'm going to take a bus or taxi up Phaholyothin and see just where the water is and photograph it.

Once it finally reaches the triple intersection, I'm guessing that there won't be more than a few inches of water, if even that, once you move away from V-R and P Y roads.

With so many people living near Central Lad Prao, it seems that one of us could manage to be on the skybridge between Union Mall and Central to get a video of the water as it arrives and post it.

I'll try and post a pic by noon today.

A taxi agreed to take me to Saphan Mai, make a U-turn, and return. (He agreed after he understood that I just wanted to see where the water was and to photograph it. Should you try this for other areas, remember that some drivers don't understand the concept of a meter and will ask for double whatever the meter reads for going somewhere and then returning to the point of origin.)

The water has not budged from Big C. It was dry as a bone up to and past Tesco (coming from Sena). These floods remind me of earthquakes in California. No fun if you're affected, but not than many are affected. (And I do feel for those who have received evacuation orders.)

Tomorrow the water and electricity could go off, but today is just one more day of a month-long weekend.

post-32175-0-92671200-1319691464_thumb.j

post-32175-0-35151800-1319691474_thumb.j

post-32175-0-92309400-1319691485_thumb.j

A lot of the normal restaurants I order breakfast from were closed this morning,I have been on the skytrain today expecting to see some evidence of the flood,I travelled from Victory Monument to Ekkamai and did not see a drop.Is everybody sure that Jermey Beadle died ?

22.19 Water fastly overflows Klong 2 water gate in Sai Mai lockerz.com/s/150445809 (via @Kitti3Miti & @momtum ) #thaifloodeng

those living at south of Sai Mai and the Watcharapolians, my mo baan security just informed that water would come after midnight :-( they will close the gate of the mo baan with sandbag, if anyone considers to leave, RUN NOW.

it matches to the TV live update #171 quoted above, and I checked the road drain ( sewage drain ) water level just raised from -20cm below yesterday to -10cm below now.

let's prepare and good luck !!

Hi, did the water really come that much? It looks a bit more but not a lot more.....

Somebody told me there is a water barrier somewhere in Sai Mai....how is it holding up?

learnt from local WED evening that some part of Sai Mai road will be closed for building an additional sandbag barrier. I guess they try to off-load the sand dyke at Hok Wa.

the Hok Wa sand dyke delays the flooding at the north ( and our area at Watcharapol ), but it is perhaps up to the limit.

Started flood from the sewers into my street. Just off the south side of Phutthamonthon Sai 3

Good luck, not to be an alarmist. But that was how it started at my place. If you havent prepared please do so. This is a sign that the water is coming.

Thanks rob. I'm much better prepared because you took the time to post your experiences on this board. Many thanks. But I think my flooding eventually will be higher than yours. You've done great service to the board by posting information and photos.

You are on the same side (area) as me. I see this water as a newly forming river. As long as it wont meet any dykes it wont get too deep. Its just slowly flowing from one place to the other because the waterways are full. So it creates its own path. I am pretty sure this water that moved from me towards you. We are about 20km apart. So the water moves slowly like maybe 5km a day max (assumption here). But if thats true then there is a long stream of water moving and it will take long to go away because it has nowhere to go efficiently.

My niece is on Puttamonthon Soi4 (side road) she says her street is flooded. Am I right in understanding that if she can get out to 338 it will be dry and taxis available? I'm trying to get her out of there through route 338 -->9 south --->motorway 7 -->314

Re previous post rama 3 bridge, can now see one lane moving into thonburi.

Family are going to be leaving Thonburi coming via the main tollway, Chonburi/ Pattaya. If they have any useful info on the way out I will try to get it posted

Please do, I am looking ofr info on that route as well particularly the first leg of the trip (getting to the motorway)

Just driven along Sukhumvit 55, Thonglor, no sign of any water whatsoever.

My condo overlooks Saen Saeb Canal, plenty of capacity and water moving along nicely, not sure where it leads to, or into, anyone any idea?

if in case the water in saen saeb canal visibly increase, i would appreciate it if you can share it in this thread. Our home will get flooded if that canal overflows ... thanks a bunch ...

"My niece is on Puttamonthon Soi4 (side road) she says her street is flooded. Am I right in understanding that if she can get out to 338 it will be dry and taxis available? I'm trying to get her out of there through route 338 -->9 south --->motorway 7 -->314"

Well yesterday afternoon the main sai 4 road was clear. not sure now though. From there it would be easier to go south to cha am or hua hin than across to pattaya

Quote:" Where in Bangkapi? 5.28am and still dry on Krungthep Kreetha, Bangkapi"

I got some on Ramkamhaeng Rd yesterday at B38 a bag. From the intersection of Srinakarin and Ram go in the direction of Minburi. You would pass Big C (the old Carrfour) and then Tops, both on the left side. Just before a PTT station (Golden Place Market is in the same compound here), there's a store selling construction materials. This place is nearly opposite to the entrance to Moobaan Samakorn on the right. Sorry that I don't remember the soi number. Hope this helps.

Started flood from the sewers into my street. Just off the south side of Phutthamonthon Sai 3

Where exactly is the flooding on Phutthamonton Sai 3 and 4? Is it just south of Boromratchachonnani or further south toward Phetkasaem?

http://www.gistda.or.th/gistda_n/Gallery/img/Flood2011/20111023-flood_animation.gif

It's not very clear but it gives you vague idea of where flood is going.

http://www.ismyhouseflooded.com/

This is another site where people report their situations. You can find your area using postcode. With Number% you can see how severe the flood is.

http://flood.gistda.or.th/

This site isn't very updated but it might help.

If you really need help, Thai PBS channel can help broadcasting it. Please call 02 790 2111.

Where exactly is the flooding on Phutthamonton Sai 3 and 4? Is it just south of Boromratchachonnani or further south toward Phetkasaem?

I'm on Sai 3 and I'm south off the side road. Streets filling up faster know.

Just driven along Sukhumvit 55, Thonglor, no sign of any water whatsoever.

My condo overlooks Saen Saeb Canal, plenty of capacity and water moving along nicely, not sure where it leads to, or into, anyone any idea?

if in case the water in saen saeb canal visibly increase, i would appreciate it if you can share it in this thread. Our home will get flooded if that canal overflows ... thanks a bunch ...

I went to Soi Mahatai last night the klong was moving strongly towards the river. It didn't look serious that time. Check with the boat service. As long as there's some service nothing serious will happen. When all service stops be on high alert.

Around the Stadium and Ram Uni, front and back no issues yet. Normally it was always the first to flood in inner Bangkok. Kudos to irrigation department about the improvement.

I got some on Ramkamhaeng Rd yesterday at B38 a bag. From the intersection of Srinakarin and Ram go in the direction of Minburi. You would pass Big C (the old Carrfour) and then Tops, both on the left side. Just before a PTT station (Golden Place Market is in the same compound here), there's a store selling construction materials. This place is nearly opposite to the entrance to Moobaan Samakorn on the right. Sorry that I don't remember the soi number. Hope this helps.

you're talking about Mookapiban II(song). Known to locals and foreigners there around.

yesterday at 5.30 , from sai mai hospital was ok then as i got near the lam luk ka road i was met with this, i walked to klong 4 , it took me about one hour , water up to my waist , , this morning the lam luk ka road was the same, and my complex where i live is 2 feet high in water now, all the cars have been moved , and last night saw some very big snakes coming out of the drains , nice,

post-37066-0-32235200-1319696272_thumb.j

post-37066-0-77552400-1319696285_thumb.j

post-37066-0-69708900-1319696322_thumb.j

My niece is on Puttamonthon Soi4 (side road) she says her street is flooded. Am I right in understanding that if she can get out to 338 it will be dry and taxis available? I'm trying to get her out of there through route 338 -->9 south --->motorway 7 -->314

We drove out of BKK last night to Ban Pong. We used nr.9 east -> Nr.9 south -> nr.4 (Phetkasem) -> 323.

Notr sure about 338, but that is the Boromratchnanoni. It is flooded at the BKK end.

Tell her to go south to Phetkasem, then follow our route in reverse till she hits nr.7.

We are Thaveewattana Rd Soi 9 (my very rough over the thumb estimation) just in the middle. Still dry

you're talking about Mookapiban II(song). Known to locals and foreigners there around.

It's Sukaphiban 3 known to locals before. Now many refer it just Ramkamhaeng Rd.

Sukaphiban 2 is the road from Nida to Ramindra passing through Banchang Industrial Estates - this I know cos I visited some plants there before.

Hi Sheryl. We just checked and at least one of the minibus services from Victory Monument to Prachinburi is still running. There are two companies the one we called leaves from under the highway just outside the VM square the other leaves from inside the square. See the attached map, minibus stances are marked X and X2. With all the holes in the road they might even be forced to travel at a safe speed.

Re previous post rama 3 bridge, can now see one lane moving into thonburi.

Family are going to be leaving Thonburi coming via the main tollway, Chonburi/ Pattaya. If they have any useful info on the way out I will try to get it posted

Please do, I am looking ofr info on that route as well particularly the first leg of the trip (getting to the motorway)