Where Is It Flooding ?

anon7867763

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone on here just said it is open and dry.

I think Richard Barrow's blog said the same thing this morning.

The complex is on slightly higher ground and appears to be dry.

I think you can do the visa thing 7 days before or after if it is retirement or other extension. Worth checking on the visa section here.

You can renew a retirement visa one month before, but no waiver after the due date. I made the mistake of thinking one week after and got fined and passport stamped for overstay :)

Correct. 7 days after is ok only when you do the 90-day report.

(and five free beers at the Londoner for whoever started this thread, and I mean it)..

Agreed this thread has been very useful. Thanks to those that have been making reports, If and when I begin seeing water I will report it as well but right now my area around Big C on Ratchada soi Nathong is dry.

I seem to remember that when this thread was started it included a link to a crowd sourced Google map, or was that another thread? I still have the link to the map but it hasn't been updated in a while. Has it been given up on?

Thanks.

Here is the link to the google map you are talking about

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=213316271188739590317.0004b016cc08a39456d14&msa=0&ll=13.73605,100.591164&spn=0.178424,0.338173

Watcharaphon Update:

---Little bit of water coming out of drainage just past Wattanakosin School - the small canal next to the school quite high, but still OK...up about a centimeter from yesterday. They are pumping water from my village out to the canal, under control so far.

---Pockets of water along the road going North. the 'lake' on the right going North, past Palm Lake Resort has taken over 2 1/2 lanes, grown a bit. The area where they are constructing the new road is turning into a lake.

---I got as far as just before the German restaurant (Shcweine, or whatever it is called - good pork knuckle there!), and turned around. Water has crept up a bit since yesterday, but not much, just deeper now where it was before, and not moving too fast South.

---If you take a right, on the road that goes to Foodland, there is a little bit of water seeping out from behind the shops, just after the expressway overpass. I went in a bit, it's another 'lake' back there, and is pretty much at capacity right now.

Sorry I can't go further down North than the restaurants for you guys, I know you must want to know what is happening there. Don't want to risk the car unless I have to. If anyone has updates further North than I went, let me know.

Let's see if when they finally start draining the canal it will ease the water creep.....

Edited by tominbkk

Just heard on Twitter that it is flooding on Sukhumvit 50. Can anyone confirm this? It was only one report, also putting Bang Jak on alert. Any news as in the centre and need to know if I should dash home.

TV news reported Sukhumit 50, 54 and 56 starting to flood.

Affirmative. Just got off the Expressway and when coming down on Soi 50 I was not allowed to turn right, so had to go left towards Sukhumvit instead.

Police blocked Soi 50 south. I came from Minburi (Ramkhamheng Soi 160 - 168) and all was dry and sunny on my way in. Did not notice any floods close to Outer Ring, Rama 9 and Ram Inthra Expressway. God speed

Just heard on Twitter that it is flooding on Sukhumvit 50. Can anyone confirm this? It was only one report, also putting Bang Jak on alert. Any news as in the centre and need to know if I should dash home.

Affirmative. Just got off the Expressway and when coming down on Soi 50 I was not allowed to turn right, so had to go left towards Sukhumvit instead.

Police blocked Soi 50 south. I came from Minburi (Ramkhamheng Soi 160 - 168) and all was dry and sunny on my way in. Did not notice any floods close to Outer Ring, Rama 9 and Ram Inthra Expressway. God speed

Where is this water coming from? Is this related to the water reported in Phra Khanong? Sois 50-56 aren't close to that khlong, and I don't see anything else around.

Out on the bike this morning oct 28th. West Bangkok Omnio to Phuthamonthon sai 4 no water until Salaya north of Borommaraichchonnani lots of water.

Phuthamonthon sai 4 to sai 5 and to Rai Khing turn off water in low areas but passable.

Small klongs overflowing near Rai Khing.post-79592-0-16077800-1319781054_thumb.jpost-79592-0-94112400-1319781074_thumb.jpost-79592-0-28080400-1319781124_thumb.j

Tha Chin river at wat Rai khing not flooding.

Also army heavy plant equipment Salaya end of sai 4.

Where is this water coming from? Is this related to the water reported in Phra Khanong? Sois 50-56 aren't close to that khlong, and I don't see anything else around.

Surely as it is coming into that area and Kao san Road this must be the Chao Praya high tide coming?? Can anyone confirm?

Was just informed that an announcement had been made about 14 roads to be close as follows:

4 city roads closed

28/10/2011 at 12:43 PM

The Metropolitan Police's traffic command has ordered closed to traffic 14 city roads which have been flooded.

In nothern Bangkok, the roads closed are:

1. Vibhavadi Rangsit: between National Memorial and Lak Si intersection;

2. Phahon Yothin: between National Memorial and Soi Phahon Yothin 50;

3. Khamphaeng Phet 6 (local road): between the entrance to Muang Ake housing estate to Thung Song Hong intersection;

4. Songprapa: between Sri Saman and Kor Sor Bor intersections;

5. Weluwanaram: the entire road;

6. Liap Khlong Song: between Air Force Palathikarn and Sapan Poon intersections;

7. Chantharubeksa: between Air Force Academy and Chantharubeksa intersections.

In western Bangkok:

8. Charan Sanitwong: between Bang Phlad intersection and Sirindhorn interchange;

9. Arun Amarin: between Arun Amarin intersection and Sirindhorn elevated road;

10. Boromratchachonnani:between Pin Klao bridge and Sirindhorn elevated road;

11. Boromratchachonnani:between Phutthamonthon 3 and Phutthamonthon 4 intersections;

12. Sirindhorn: between Bang Phlat intersection and Sirindhorn elevated road;

13. Uthayan: between Uthayan and Phutthamonthon 3 intersections; and

14. Sala Thammasop: the entire road.

Out on the bike this morning oct 28th. West Bangkok Omnio to Phuthamonthon sai 4 no water until Salaya north of Borommaraichchonnani lots of water.

Phuthamonthon sai 4 to sai 5 and to Rai Khing turn off water in low areas but passable.

Small klongs overflowing near Rai Khing.post-79592-0-16077800-1319781054_thumb.jpost-79592-0-94112400-1319781074_thumb.jpost-79592-0-28080400-1319781124_thumb.j

Tha Chin river at wat Rai khing not flooding.

Also army heavy plant equipment Salaya end of sai 4.

But to give you an idea.. just yesterday did the same route as this.. and it was just minimal flooding at the side of the road. so it looks like its spreading slowly.

The Army have been doing lot's of dredging work at Puttamhonton for months now.

Planing to go to Nakhon Nayok this afternoon from onnut, can anybody confirm the express way towards Bang Pa-In towards rangsit dry or not? Taking Onnut-Bangpa-In route exit to Nakhon Nayok on rangsit-Onkarak road.

Was just at Soi 50 an hour ago, it is wet, about 8 inches at the deepest. Flooded more or less from the T-junction at the end of the soi (Port Authority) down to about 200m shy of the expressway ramp just past Tesco/BTS Onnut. Was passable on motorbike when I went, deepest point of water seemed to be under the expressway, there is also klong in that area and it isn't far from the river so perhaps a combination of factors leading to flooding there.

Was just at Soi 50 an hour ago, it is wet, about 8 inches at the deepest. Flooded more or less from the T-junction at the end of the soi (Port Authority) down to about 200m shy of the expressway ramp just past Tesco/BTS Onnut. Was passable on motorbike when I went, deepest point of water seemed to be under the expressway, there is also klong in that area and it isn't far from the river so perhaps a combination of factors leading to flooding there.

Ahh, I see. I was looking at the wrong end of soi 50. It looks like the small khlong in that area connects with Phra Khanong. Probably the high tide backing up Phra Khanong made the small khlong around soi go overflow a little.

I can confirm the flood on Soi 56 this morning.

Left at 10am and saw last 200 mtr at the end of the Soi flooded.(30cm)

Seems that the water came from the sewers. Bad smell.

However, came back at 1pm all water was gone.

My neighbour (Thai) just told me that water is at Kasetsart University. I think she has a relative over there.

Is this new information or am i just being dumb? Is it the same run-off that is affecting Don Muang, or is it coming from the east?

Does it mean that Lad Prao is the next domino to fall?

does anyone know if minivans from Victory Monument to Pattaya are still running?

I don't know about that, but a friend just bought a bus ticket from Morchit 2 Bus Station to Sakon Nakhon, leaving tmw. In the past, there were buses from Morchit Bus Station to Pattaya (but not as many as from Ekkamai)...maybe there still are.

If there are buses to Isaan, there must be routes open.

Vans from Victory Monument to Pattaya and other locations via motorway are running.

If there are usually vans there to Sakeo, they should still be running as well as Motorway and 314 to Chachengsao and onward east is all clear and dry.

The problem with routes to the northeast is just the north part of Bangkok, routing through Chahchengsao works. (A little longer though)

My neighbour (Thai) just told me that water is at Kasetsart University. I think she has a relative over there.

Is this new information or am i just being dumb? Is it the same run-off that is affecting Don Muang, or is it coming from the east?

Does it mean that Lad Prao is the next domino to fall?

I live near Kasetsart. There is a tiny bit of water about a kilometre up the road on the far side of the road. It's minimal spillage from another canal, I think Bang Bua Canal. The main water is still about 3-4 km north of Kasetart coming from Phaholyothin or Vipavadi Rangsit. Still another 1-2 days before it reaches Kasetsart.

Moderators,

you should have Pinned this only tool which gives a quick overview LONG AGO

PLUS have it published on websites of The Nation BKK Post et altera.

http://maps.google.c...178424,0.338173

This link is given in the 2rd post of this thread (an d has been repeated a few times)... but I must warn that it is far from complete and accurate.

For example ti currently shows Salaya around Mahidol campus as dry, I know for a fact it is flooded.

If we knew of a map that we had enough confidence in the accuracy and updating of, we'd post it. But we would be doing a disservice to post a link that we know to be inaccuarte/outdated in many respects (imagine the shrieks from TV members who drove into the deluge as a result!!!;))

We called to someone we know in Khu Bon Rd (Ram Inthra soi 71,km.8). He said that water is coming up through the drains at Wat Khu Bon. Also at the end of our soi. Khu Bon soi 27.

I guess it is just a matter of time until it floods. I guess this water is coming from Minburi side.