Where Is It Flooding ?

anon7867763

I live off Bang Khu Non rd soi 12

and drove my bike to Immigration office yesterday. [set new speed record for visa...30min!!] Charan Sanitwong and Arun Ammanin are both closed from Bangkok Noi bridge to at least Borommaratchachonnani due to 1 meter plus levels. Phra Pinklao Bridge is closed. Only way for cars and bikes to get from Bangkok Noi and surrounding areas to Bangkok proper is Memorial Bridge.

Last night level of Bangkok Noi was about 20c (8") from breaching walls. At least the fishin' is good!!

Next few daze will likely see Bangkok Yai canal flood Charan Thanon Isaraphap and Thanon Arun Amanin thus cutting off entire western area from Bangkok proper.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Came back from Phuket a couple days ago heading north and home. Yesterday drove on highway 4 to Nakhon Pathom onto the 321 to Supan Buri then the 340 to Chai Nat. There is a diversion on th 340 to Nakhon Sawan which takes you to Highway 1 to BKK But you have to do a U-turn to head north. All diversion signs are in Thai.

Nakhon Sawan was dry but could see where the water had been. However there is a diversion to get onto the 117 to Phitsanulok. This road seemed to be the worste The Northbound lanes are closed long stretches of it flooded But was the only high ground for people to make shelters. So the sounthbound lanes were shared with traffic heading north. Some of the roads had been dug up to be used as a makeshift flood barrier to keep those lanes that were open, open. So expect a bumpy ride. Also there didn't seem to be any sign to rejoin the northbound lanes on the 117 so if you are going that way be aware that at some stage once you see the dry northbound lanes, look to rejoin them at one of the turning points.

For those heading north, once past Nakhon Sawan It's not to bad. But you see the amount of water there is, in places level with the road. It is the same all the way from Supan Buri to Phitsanulok more or less. Thats a lot of water waiting to go somewhere!

Hua Hin Update: Town is gettting very full with most accomodations booked. Major stores Tesco, Villa 7-11's out of water but for Evian and Perrier. Also may other staples such as toilet paper, p-apwr towels, milk etc.... There are many local distribution outlets though that still have water in all size botlles, also mil etc... Suggest asking locals for directions. The different local out door markets still full of eggs, vetables, sea food, rice and all essentials and prices seem normal. Hope this helps those of you heading this way.

Came back from Phuket a couple days ago heading north and home. Yesterday drove on highway 4 to Nakhon Pathom onto the 321 to Supan Buri then the 340 to Chai Nat. There is a diversion on th 340 to Nakhon Sawan which takes you to Highway 1 to BKK But you have to do a U-turn to head north. All diversion signs are in Thai.

Nakhon Sawan was dry but could see where the water had been. However there is a diversion to get onto the 117 to Phitsanulok. This road seemed to be the worste The Northbound lanes are closed long stretches of it flooded But was the only high ground for people to make shelters. So the sounthbound lanes were shared with traffic heading north. Some of the roads had been dug up to be used as a makeshift flood barrier to keep those lanes that were open, open. So expect a bumpy ride. Also there didn't seem to be any sign to rejoin the northbound lanes on the 117 so if you are going that way be aware that at some stage once you see the dry northbound lanes, look to rejoin them at one of the turning points.

For those heading north, once past Nakhon Sawan It's not to bad. But you see the amount of water there is, in places level with the road. It is the same all the way from Supan Buri to Phitsanulok more or less. Thats a lot of water waiting to go somewhere!

I assume this means that IF you have to drive, you should do so slowly AND in day time so you can see what's in front of you.

Put on ANY normal TV channel and the same program is being shown.

Get your gf or neighbor to translate if needed.

If anything, this is an indication things are serious, even CH3 etc has stopped showing their money-machines, the soaps.

My niece is on Puttamonthon Soi4 (side road) she says her street is flooded. Am I right in understanding that if she can get out to 338 it will be dry and taxis available? I'm trying to get her out of there through route 338 -->9 south --->motorway 7 -->314

We drove out of BKK last night to Ban Pong. We used nr.9 east -> Nr.9 south -> nr.4 (Phetkasem) -> 323.

Notr sure about 338, but that is the Boromratchnanoni. It is flooded at the BKK end.

Tell her to go south to Phetkasem, then follow our route in reverse till she hits nr.7.

Thanks!

If anything, this is an indication things are serious, even CH3 etc has stopped showing their money-machines, the soaps.

Please you or any one reading this tell us what they are saying if they have replaced all other programing. Could be important. Thank you.

Please you or any one reading this tell us what they are saying if they have replaced all other programing. Could be important. Thank you.

If you have True, and maybe any cable, there is dual language on 3, with an English translation.

Yesterday Asean on True 99 were running an English news service.

Missed it. But apparently they went back to normal programming shortly after, so it's perhaps not that important

Just driven along Sukhumvit 55, Thonglor, no sign of any water whatsoever.

My condo overlooks Saen Saeb Canal, plenty of capacity and water moving along nicely, not sure where it leads to, or into, anyone any idea?

if in case the water in saen saeb canal visibly increase, i would appreciate it if you can share it in this thread. Our home will get flooded if that canal overflows ... thanks a bunch ...

Yes, please us updated on level of Saen Saeb. It meets Klong Tan at Soi 71 where it hangs a right and flows into Klong Prakanong which goes past the huge BMA pumping station and into the Chaopraya.

Edited by Arkady

Yes, please us updated on level of Saen Saeb. It meets Klong Tan at Soi 71 where it hangs a right and flows into Klong Prakanong which goes past the huge BMA pumping station and into the Chaopraya.

Thanks, and will do.

Just looked out of the widow and it's same as this morning, canal boats continuing to ply their trade.

Ch 3 just now had location reporting from Central Lad Prao and Big C Saphan Mai.

Central is closing an hour early. Merchants across the street are sealing doors, etc.

Even on Lad Prao Rd. I noticed activity today.

Another report from the river said people would watch the level very closely in another half hour.

Now the reports are from Don Muang (the inside of the airport is now flooding and electricity is being turned off) and the report is that the water is on the move and has reached Laksi.

They're now showing sports, so things can't be completely bad.

Here i just recieved aid, 6 bottles of water some banana's and pork and sticky rice. They are getting organized here they know who are in this gated village and bring food and water to them. I hope it will be elsewhere too once the flooding hits.

Here i just recieved aid, 6 bottles of water some banana's and pork and sticky rice. They are getting organized here they know who are in this gated village and bring food and water to them. I hope it will be elsewhere too once the flooding hits.

I was at Taksin Bridge about 1pm today. The river was flowing really fast and wasn't far off the red and white chequers marks on the bridge supports. The army were there filling sandbags and making raised wooden walkways. I took a walk around the area and many shops were having concrete walls put up around their entrances. The builders in town are doing a roaring trade.

As of 1740 today, Sathorn around St. Louis hospital is still dry

Edited by TJH

Missed it. But apparently they went back to normal programming shortly after, so it's perhaps not that important

Yeah, sorry, I was too slow writing about it here, got caught watching it and reading up on news from other sources. Mere minutes after I wrote about it here it ended, but it was a long report.

Pattaya is a driver's worst nightmare today as more and more folk pour into the city. most hotels will be fully booked by now, so i am told, and the stores are running just about on empty. families with 7 yes 7 shopping trolleys were reported at big C.

I assume this means that IF you have to drive, you should do so slowly AND in day time so you can see what's in front of you.

there were only a couple places where I had to drive through water, this was on the diversion at Chai Nat, and then on the 117. But yes you are right far better to drive in daylight hours unless you know the road ahead is free from flooding. As an idea of time taken we (my wife and I) left Petchaburi about 3am it was daylight when we reached Nakhon Pathom and we were in Phitsanulok by about 12 mid day.

I just went around Klong Toey area - most is fine there, but the slum-like areas close to the PTT terminal clearly take water.

And I thougt there should not be anything at this time.

In any case, this is very much central

post-143090-0-72331200-1319713351_thumb.

Just wanted to share a link to the CCTV cameras around Bangkok.

They are a good source to see if a road is passable and maybe advance warning in your area.

I cannot post a link as I am a new member but i will try to make it visible

hermes.traffy

.in.th

/i/

index.php

hope it helps

Fellow Watcharapolians, we have left our house. We couldnt stand the stress of waiting. The water was pretty high in front of the 7-11 near Laddarom when we left. I don't think my Altis could have made it through without a little bit of damage. I'm pretty sure you guys live south of me on Watcharapol, so you may not have water yet coming to your village. We wish you the best. Stay safe.