Where Is It Flooding ?

anon7867763

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw this comment below on Bangkok Post web site comments under article titled Water won't reach Inner Bangkok. Any verification?

Discussion 5 : 04/11/2011 at 02:20 AM5

I'm noticing water coming up the drains at Ploenchit.

No verification from me during a quick run from Sukumvit Soi 2 as far as Wireless Road. The only thing that resembled vertically-rising water looked suspiciously staged to me

Just saw this comment below on Bangkok Post web site comments under article titled Water won't reach Inner Bangkok. Any verification?

Discussion 5 : 04/11/2011 at 02:20 AM5

I'm noticing water coming up the drains at Ploenchit.

No verification from me during a quick run from Sukumvit Soi 2 as far as Wireless Road. The only thing that resembled vertically-rising water looked suspiciously staged to me (att. #1).

Something that really grabbed my attention was a new, carved-in-stone, stair-step-to-calorie converter for one of the office buildings (att. #2). The Eco-conscious must have gotten their way (or done some very excellent midnight-to-early-morning, expert, stone carving). Oddly enough (or not) the units of measure are calories even though the preamble (no pun intended) states: USE CALORIES LOSE NO ELECTRICITY. Also, the units/stair are labeled KCAL. Why didn't they use KWH and really confuse everyone? The landing step is labeled '4.2 KCal'. Anyway, I didn't see an electric-powered alternative to using the stairs so what's the point? Is there an Eco-conscious person on this forum who can explain this to us?

I've got a better one for the Eco-conscious that might have more effect: USE GRAVITY-DRAINING LOSE NO ELECTRICITY

I saw something similar at Bangkok Hospital. I think it's a way of telling you how much energy you use and weight you can lose by taking stairs instead of the lift.

I've been hearing stories / tweets about Rama 2 being under threat now, and likely to become impassable within 2-3 days. Anyone been there / driven through recently? anything to see?

This is a big concern because this is the last avaiable route out of town to the west and south of Thailand. This would be bad news for the "supply chain" to Hua Hin and all points in the south.

Also, anyone who is still in Bangkok playing wait and see for the water to arrive on their doorstep will have one less exit route when it does happen.

Hi all,

Does anyone know if area around Esplanade Mall (Ratchadaphisek Rd) is dry?

Thanks.

also known as Major!!!! You will find that water reached there 2 days ago

No, Esplanade is on Ratchada near Thailand Cultural Center. It's dry there.

Edited by petedk

Hi all,

Thanks.

True got my majors and minors mixed!!

Thanks!

And yeah I was refering to the area around Thailand Cultural Centre.

Cheers.

Hi all,

Thanks.

Hi all,

Thanks.

Esplanade is on Ratchada at the Thailand Cultural Center MRT stop. I can confirm that it is dry here. This is speculation but I don't think that water will be here by today.

I can confirm that Suwintawong, Highway 304, past Ramkhamheng junction now has about 60 CM of water. A few pickup trucks going through and larger trucks. No small cars passing. This is on the outgoing side. The side heading inbound toward Ramkhamheng is slightly higher, but use with care.

I can confirm that Suwintawong, Highway 304, past Ramkhamheng junction now has about 60 CM of water. A few pickup trucks going through and larger trucks. No small cars passing. This is on the outgoing side. The side heading inbound toward Ramkhamheng is slightly higher, but use with care.

Would that be the water that will soon be at Bang Chan?

I've been hearing stories / tweets about Rama 2 being under threat now, and likely to become impassable within 2-3 days. Anyone been there / driven through recently? anything to see?

This is a big concern because this is the last avaiable route out of town to the west and south of Thailand. This would be bad news for the "supply chain" to Hua Hin and all points in the south.

Also, anyone who is still in Bangkok playing wait and see for the water to arrive on their doorstep will have one less exit route when it does happen.

I'm in Samut Sakhon now and no floods on Rama II yet. I'll be going to Central later today too. I used Rama II to go into Bangkok 2 days ago. Loads of traffic but no water.

They do expect it to hit in a couple of days though.

I'm in Samut Sakhon now and no floods on Rama II yet. I'll be going to Central later today too. I used Rama II to go into Bangkok 2 days ago. Loads of traffic but no water.

They do expect it to hit in a couple of days though.

Much obliged! Will be watching this one...

Watcharaphon:

Took a big truck the village has rented, from Tesco Lotus by Ramintra to my village....made another album for it:

Here

Water a bit deeper, but not incredibly so, but still, wouldn't risk my car any more in it.....hoping it goes down soon!

Might not be very interesting for non W. people, but still if you like pics of lots of water then please be my guest.....

Watcharaphon:

Took a big truck the village has rented, from Tesco Lotus by Ramintra to my village....made another album for it:

Here

Water a bit deeper, but not incredibly so, but still, wouldn't risk my car any more in it.....hoping it goes down soon!

Might not be very interesting for non W. people, but still if you like pics of lots of water then please be my guest.....

Once again, thanks for the updates on Watcharapol, Tom.

Watcharaphon:

Here

Fantastic pics Tom. I appreciate the photo you took of the view down Ruam Mit Phatthana. Let's hope we can go home soon, but I 'm not too confident that it will be anytime in the very near future.

Can anyone confirm how much of area around Central lad Prao is flooded and how deep?

Is Chatuchak/MoChit flooded? there is some warning.

I live Vipavadee 16 which is almost at Sutthisan--opposite Thai Rath. I am out of town but need to get home. If I can.

Eddy

Can anyone confirm how much of area around Central lad Prao is flooded and how deep?

I live Vipavadee 16 which is almost at Sutthisan--opposite Thai Rath. I am out of town but need to get home. If I can.

Eddy

it is at the main junction and has not moved along Phahonyothin towards the Market as Chatuchak yet, what I saw this morning on VR in the bus was depths of about ankle to mid way between ankle and knee height closer to the area around Horwang. My office is opposite St Johns so waiting to see what happens

Would that be the water that will soon be at Bang Chan?

No, I don't think so. I was not in that area yesterday or today. Not too far away there was some flooding yesterday, but roads in Minburi proper were largely passable.

Eddy

it is at the main junction and has not moved along Phahonyothin towards the Market as Chatuchak yet, what I saw this morning on VR in the bus was depths of about ankle to mid way between ankle and knee height closer to the area around Horwang. My office is opposite St Johns so waiting to see what happens

Are you near sun towers? I had a meeting there today but they've cancelled claiming a flood 'in progress' is approaching.

Eddy

Looks like about 30-40cm in some parts outside of Central Lad Prao.

Vihawadee 20 is getting flooded from San Seab.

This canal runs through to Soi 16. I am guessing that if it isn't already getting water, then it will very soon.

Big canal (Sam Sen Nok ?) at top of Viphawadee 16 (Ratchada 19) is over flowing. Saw Sukhamband up there an hour ago.....