Where Is It Flooding ?

anon7867763

I read it in the N****** it's on the front page , definately states Bang Chak but no further information.It's possible it's a mistake on their behalf but that's what it says

Ahhh... you are correct - if you are talking about the Bang Chak sub-district, in Phasi Charone district of Bangkok, several km to the west of the Chao Phraya River - not to be confused with the Bang Chak area along Sukhumvit, with its own BTS Station.

Thanks , that explains all and now I know there are 2 Bang Chaks

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ABOUT PATHUMTHANI: (sorry for the caps, the quote thing wasn't working for some reason)=

I live in lamphakkut, thanyaburi khlong 7-- we left 2 weeks ago because I have 3 small children, and khlong 6 a few km down was getting deep-- my next door neighbor stayed and I've been getting daily updates from him.... it flooded our villa the night we left and was around 40 cm, then it crested 4 days ago and has gone down 10 cm since, and it seems around a few cm a day. We might be able to go home on tuesday or wednesday if the bathrooms are useable again, the water never went into our house, it was just cm from floor level... thankful for that.

Edited by pjhjr

I am happy to report that the water level here in Don Muang has gone down by about four inches in the last two days, still waist deep in the soi and just above ankle level in the house. It was chest deep in Song Pra Pa road yesterday, how this helps.

ABOUT PATHUMTHANI: (sorry for the caps, the quote thing wasn't working for some reason)=

I live in lamphakkut, thanyaburi khlong 7-- we left 2 weeks ago because I have 3 small children, and khlong 6 a few km down was getting deep-- my next door neighbor stayed and I've been getting daily updates from him.... it flooded our villa the night we left and was around 40 cm, then it crested 4 days ago and has gone down 10 cm since, and it seems around a few cm a day. We might be able to go home on tuesday or wednesday if the bathrooms are useable again, the water never went into our house, it was just cm from floor level... thankful for that.

hi i concur with your findings , 4 days ago it started to go down here, down about 8 cm now ye pee soon , very soon , maybe just maybe , i will not have to push my super scooter through snake infested thigh high waters, my girl friends sits on the scooter while i push it, i feel like humphrey Bogart in the African queen ,

I went into Muang Ek by boat today, and the water level was down about 12cm... perhaps the Big Bags are working. The "high water" mark is clearly visible on all building walls, fences, cars, etc... And the water level this afternoon was down 5-6 inches.

Anyone on the Thonburi side?

Do you have any info of the relief of the land between Charan Sanitwong and the river passing through Wat Arun?

If you notice the water has crossed the Phet Kasem & Charan Sanitwong intersection, and I was wondering, is it building up, and trying to makes it way East to the river?

My concern is, at the rate the water is moving, if it is taking this course, it will meet the river in a week, at the same time when the highest tides are predicted.

If that is the case, then the whole point from Wat Arun around to Klong San could be screwed?

So, can anyone tell us what is happening with body of water near Phet KKasem and Charan Sanit Wong?

Thanks

Scott

Ok that's good. So do you think the water in the area could be drained of in 10 days or so?

I just though there was much more to come....

hi lildragon , i do hope so , but i will only report what i see with my own eyes, ha ha predictions are for the so called experts .

good luck anyway feel free to message me if you need a report from khu bon or lam luk ka road,

Scot here in Nonthaburi / Bangyai its also dropping with 2cm maybe 3 on some days. But no way it will be 10 days here. Still 50cm of water in the streets. In a few days my house will be dry again. Maybe it will go progressively faster. But for all those that think its over I was flooded many days before you guys. So it stands to reason it will take at least a week for other parts further south to drop. The inside of the city still has to flood (i dont want it but i mean the water has to pass it)

hi i concur with your findings , 4 days ago it started to go down here, down about 8 cm now ye pee soon , very soon , maybe just maybe , i will not have to push my super scooter through snake infested thigh high waters, my girl friends sits on the scooter while i push it, i feel like humphrey Bogart in the African queen ,

That's excellent news! I'm happy to see the levels are going down. If you get any info for klong 2 or klong 3, let me know. Would love to think about going home again.

Scott

Ok that's good. So do you think the water in the area could be drained of in 10 days or so?

hi lildragon , i do hope so , but i will only report what i see with my own eyes, ha ha predictions are for the so called experts .

good luck anyway feel free to message me if you need a report from khu bon or lam luk ka road,

Scot here in Nonthaburi / Bangyai its also dropping with 2cm maybe 3 on some days. But no way it will be 10 days here. Still 50cm of water in the streets. In a few days my house will be dry again. Maybe it will go progressively faster. But for all those that think its over I was flooded many days before you guys. So it stands to reason it will take at least a week for other parts further south to drop. The inside of the city still has to flood (i dont want it but i mean the water has to pass it)

good to hear,

and i agree water will have to go through Bangkok , opps there's a prediction , i better stop now off to bed, good night everyone , and my your gods be with you, from the great dave allan

Scott

So glad to see that you are back again.

Some people look at the pictures from space and throw a fit. The question is how much more than normal is this? It is not normal for us to have a house flooded, but now that it is flooded, it does not have to be that way until every drop of that vast lake has gone. The normal annual, smaller lake, was always drained without major flooding so presumably we will be flooded only so long as it takes to get rid of the excess.

Surely someone can say when that will be, the truth however unpalatable, is far better than what we have now. Divine intervention, miraculous evaporation is just not likely. If we knew, and there is someone who can say, I think that we would all be happier.

More good news for those in Rangsit. Some areas on Nakhon Nayok Klong 2 have went down by 15cm. After being down for a few weeks due to high water levels, Rangsit Municipal is now able to monitor water levels again at Chulalongkorn Sluice Gate. This means the water level is now decreasing and they can measure it.

http://www.rangsit.org/flood_report_day/allshow_report.php

I'm going to try again for some info:

Do you know if the new condo buildings (opened 11 months ago) on Kaset Nawamin Rd by the Toyota dealership in Sena Nikhom have been flooded? They're called Supalai Park at Kaset.

Thanks for any help.

My friend's wife has been unable to leave Supalai Park for about 5 days. And he's been unable to get in. Short of swimming, that is.

Thanks of this, but would just like to confirm if thats the Supalai Park Towers in Chatuchak or Supalai Park at Kaset in Sena Nikhom???

Does anyone know if all of Ratchada down to Rama9 will be flooded?

No. Nobody knows where the water is going, not even the FROC (and it's their job to calculate and reliably steer and predict).

Does that answer your question?

I heard something a couple of days about 7 being flooded in stretches around Chachoengsao. That true?

Also, Srinakarint just after getting off from the Motorway, at the first intersection were Siam Jusco used to be (now MaxValue), is usually flooded when it rains. Dry now?

No, The whole motorway is bone-dry (or was yesterday afternoon when I travelled it).

I didn't see any untoward water at Sri Nakarint, either.

Thanks! On my way, will report back in the evening.

OK, I'm home. No drop on the way. No toll fees on Motorway 7.

After arriving, we went to see our friend at this hotel in Soi Ngam Dupli, meaning we had to drive down all the way Sukh 93 to the other end at Sukhumvit, and then take the Express Way to Rama IV. No water whatsover, and very light traffic. Back home now. The toll boths within BKK charge THB 45 as usual.

Tom; all due respect, but who cares about how many cars exactly there are at Swampy? Just read the "hundreds of thousand of cars" as "a lot of cars" and focus on what this thread is for. :)

I have been around Sathorn/Silom area today - and only place w. a bit of water was at the Saphan Thaksin BTS station. Lots of sand bags and new walls build though!

Cheers!

Klong Bang Sue at Phaholyothin Rd is up about 8cm in the last 3 hours.

There is now some flooding near the temple at the end of Phaholyothin 15.

There is also flooding in the first soi on the left off Phaholyothin Rd after crossing Klong Bang Sue heading towards Mochit.

Water on Phaholyothin Rd is slowly getting closer to Klong Bang Sue on both sides of the road north of Klong Bang Sue.

Thanks yiiim2, I live near there. Funny how you never pay much attention to these khlongs and now Dr Seri is saying this khlong -- Bang Sue -- is the key to whether or not Sukhumvit gets flooded. If it's overflowing now I don't think there's much hope when the waters from Lad Prao reach there. Or maybe they already have?

have done some studyand comparesing on the next 2 maps 1 is the flooded area and the other is a elevation map of bangkok and thil now the water flood goes where the low parts are and they will probely do this till they reach sea

so pick your place and see if your in danger area and for those in north i think how higher your area is the more water will be go down in the next few days.

here in lat phrao 94 still all is dry and i think we keep it that way.

elevation map: http://bkkbaseface.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/bangkok_elevation_map_medium_resolution.jpg

flood map: http://maps.google.fr/maps/ms?msid=203278216882407399461.0004af623e23c9dccde11&msa=0&ll=13.880079,100.654678&spn=0.405955,0.727158

Today I went Suphan Buri up and back from MTT, normaly a trip 190 k and about 2.30H today it took 600K and 11 Hours

had to take Rama II to ratcahaburi then to nakhom Phatom, Kampaeng Saenn to arrive in Suphan.

All the roads were dry , but besides ths roads after Kampaeng Saen so far as the eye could see WATER. And all of this water have still to go to BKK. Its not over yet.

scott1999, I hope you sleep well.

Thanks for those reports. If you could post up, while you are bored at work, on the situation in Khu Bon, my wife and I, would appreciate it. Thanks for soldiering on through the dangerous flood waters.

We would like to go home, but know that it is not possible yet. If Rama II gets flooded, then we are cut off completely out here in Ban Pong.

I heard something on the daily FROC broadcast this evening something about Rama II and the 340 through the west of BKK. Anybody catch that?

There was also something about using the Mae Khlong, the river running through Ratchburi province, for drainage.

scott1999, I hope you sleep well.

Thanks for those reports. If you could post up, while you are bored at work, on the situation in Khu Bon, my wife and I, would appreciate it. Thanks for soldiering on through the dangerous flood waters.

We would like to go home, but know that it is not possible yet. If Rama II gets flooded, then we are cut off completely out here in Ban Pong.

I heard something on the daily FROC broadcast this evening something about Rama II and the 340 through the west of BKK. Anybody catch that?

There was also something about using the Mae Khlong, the river running through Ratchburi province, for drainage.

as i understand they not have plans to protect those roads because they say its the natural way to sea!!!!

not understand to many of there policy want to pump muang dry and give up the only way going south

as i see they could protect it and still let the water flow if they build some improvisite bridges on key points.

the use of the mae klong is one of ther other useless ideas to manege water.

Anyone on the Thonburi side?

Do you have any info of the relief of the land between Charan Sanitwong and the river passing through Wat Arun?

If you notice the water has crossed the Phet Kasem & Charan Sanitwong intersection, and I was wondering, is it building up, and trying to makes it way East to the river?

My concern is, at the rate the water is moving, if it is taking this course, it will meet the river in a week, at the same time when the highest tides are predicted.

If that is the case, then the whole point from Wat Arun around to Klong San could be screwed?

So, can anyone tell us what is happening with body of water near Phet KKasem and Charan Sanit Wong?

Thanks

The area to north, west and south of the intersection are all lower than the towards the river.

The Wat Arun-Klong San area might get flooding during the high tide but it won't be as bad as other areas because water will flow away.

Yes, good idea, for example I would like to know if it is possible to travel from the Suv. Airport to Petchabun?

would be going an route to chon buri and then up north to petchabun

http://maps.google.fr/maps/ms?msid=203278216882407399461.0004af623e23c9dccde11&msa=0&ll=13.880079,100.654678&spn=0.405955,0.727158