Flood Ccaused Overstay

Does anybody have any info regarding failure to report 90 day and visa overstay due to the flood.

My 90 day is tomorrow and my visa needs to be extended by the end of the month(marriage purposes). I live in a remote area of Nakhon Sawan Province and can not get either to Bangkok to get the required Income Affidavit or to Nakhon Sawan to report and due the visa extension. I've sent numerous e-mails to immigration with no reply - surprise, surprise!.. When I call Bangkok, if they answer, I get put on hold forever... surprise, surprise! I do keep logs and copies of both. I did manage to contact an immigration offficer that I know from Nakhon Sawan on his personal mobile. He told me that the office in Nakhon Sawan was flooded and closed and when I asked him about the overstay problem his English got really bad and he wouldn't provide an answer... smart guy! In the past flood situations, 1995 and 200?, the overstay fines were lifted but right now I can see maxing out the 20000 baht maximum overstay in a hurry.

Any ifo would be appreciated

Until an official announcement is made can only provide standard answer that there is no overstay if you arrived on day office next opens - if you do not have embassy letter you can still get a 60 day extension with wife with you at that time to provide more time.

On Friday evening, I had a conversation with an immigration officer from my local -Nonthaburi- office, which is a neighbor.

I mentioned to him that I should leave the country by next Tuesday but regarding the traffic density that will take me ages to reach the airport.

If the situation is not getting better within the next few days, he promised me to write a letter stipulating that I was unable to leave the area where I am residing, to avoid to pay the 500/day.

• 2 weeks later...

Everything did work out okay. I did drive to Bangkok and got the Income Affidavit from the Embassy. The normal 6 hour roundtrip journey took 14 hours. I did have to exit Bangkok to the southwest to go north but I did get home. Nakhon Sawan immigration temporarily relocated to a dry area and i extended my visa yeaterday without problems. I GOT THE RELOCATION INFORMATION BY CALLIN THE GOVERNMENT HOTLINE 1111 EXT 9. i WAS SURPRISED THAT THEY TOOK THE INFORMATION AND CALLED BACK WITH A DEPENDABLE ANSWER WITHIN AN HOUR.

Everything did work out okay. I did drive to Bangkok and got the Income Affidavit from the Embassy. The normal 6 hour roundtrip journey took 14 hours. I did have to exit Bangkok to the southwest to go north but I did get home. Nakhon Sawan immigration temporarily relocated to a dry area and i extended my visa yeaterday without problems. I GOT THE RELOCATION INFORMATION BY CALLIN THE GOVERNMENT HOTLINE 1111 EXT 9. i WAS SURPRISED THAT THEY TOOK THE INFORMATION AND CALLED BACK WITH A DEPENDABLE ANSWER WITHIN AN HOUR.

Wayne

Glad that worked out for you, and even happier to hear that a Thai Government agency responds so positively. Surely this occurs more often but just doesn't get reported. Thanks.

Mac

I to have the same problem i live in Pathum Thani which as i write is under 4 feet of water and still rising my local immigration office is also flooded and it's now become impossible to reach Bangkok toreach their office I think anywhere in the world could waiver any overstay fines due to such a natural disaster as this BUT this is Thailand, and now to cap it all the goverment in their wisdom! have declared a 3 day holiday WHY? so now we cant even try to communicate with the immigration offices etc .All i can say is the best of luck i'm sorry i have'nt got a answer to the problem/

How many days extension did they give you on your visa at Nakhon Sawan please?

My extension was for marriage purposes and they granted 1 year as thet have for the past 12 years.

How many days extension did they give you on your visa at Nakhon Sawan please?

My extension was granted in Nakhon Sawan at the temp office with no ptoblem. Although the government has declared a 3 day hoilday, my source indicates the immigration in Changwattana will be open as normal on Thurs, Fri and Mon and closed on Sat and Su. The office in Suan Plau will also be open on Thurs, Fri, Sat morning and Mon but for reentry permits only. I understand your situation, I have a house in Bang Bua Thong with an instant first floor swimming pool. My son and dog were evacuated by boat.

I to have the same problem i live in Pathum Thani which as i write is under 4 feet of water and still rising my local immigration office is also flooded and it's now become impossible to reach Bangkok toreach their office I think anywhere in the world could waiver any overstay fines due to such a natural disaster as this BUT this is Thailand, and now to cap it all the goverment in their wisdom! have declared a 3 day holiday WHY? so now we cant even try to communicate with the immigration offices etc .All i can say is the best of luck i'm sorry i have'nt got a answer to the problem/