Shops Running Out Of Products

JimSiam

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt diabetes is an issue if I keep tasty Pink Oishi stuff (it isnt really tea, is it?) consumption under 2L a day .. ok, maybe 4L on hot sticky April days

regardless, they better have the pink stuff available by Nov 10th or I gonna leave for KL. Floods or not.

I doubt diabetes is an issue if I keep tasty Pink Oishi stuff (it isnt really tea, is it?) consumption under 2L a day .. ok, maybe 4L on hot sticky April days

regardless, they better have the pink stuff available by Nov 10th or I gonna leave for KL. Floods or not.

Don't worry. High sugar consumption is a risk factor in developing adult onset diabetes, but it's linked more to obesity. Keep your overall calories in check and stay active and you'll probably be ok.

Don't worry. High sugar consumption is a risk factor in developing adult onset diabetes, but it's linked more to obesity. Keep your overall calories in check and stay active and you'll probably be ok.

Eat natural unprocessed food only and you really will be OK.

What does that mean? There's still no cure for death, so at some point everyone will not be OK.

Edited by tropo

Oh, sorry, didn't realize you were only drinking 2 to 4 liters of pink sugar water a day. I reckoned you meant you were drinking at least 20 liters of sugar water daily.

Edited by Jingthing

oh, Jing, I was kidding about the 2L of sugary pink soft drink consumption.. I drink one small bottle of super tasty pink Oishi sometimes, and every time it makes me feel guilty as hell cos all the sugar that's in it, no joke.

what I really consume all day is Pepsi Max. I suppose now you will say Aspertame kills. Well, after drinking many, many cubic meters (cubic tons?) of Pepsi Max, I.m happy to to report I am alive and semi well.

Green sugarless Oishi still sucks tho.

Edited by valgehiir

back on topic

i went to the annual manufacturers market at Lam Chabang airport yesterday

on the way back i called in at the shopping mall at Lam Chabang opposite the port on Sukhumvit road

its been refurbished about 2 years now, it was always a very quiet, very run down place before

i have never been in since it was done out

however, i digress, inside was a new Tesco Lotus, moreover an almost fully stocked Tesco Lotus

few empty shelves, even fewer customers.

one wonders who decides where to site these places

anyway plenty of ''shortage'' items there for the picking........

What does that mean? There's still no cure for death, so at some point everyone will not be OK.

Who said death was a disease? What I mean by Ok was that you would grow old gracefully(or in Pattaya maybe that's disgracefully) and die peacefully in your sleep. No need for canes or to suffer from arthritis, cancer or other "diseases of civilization" for the last 20 years of your life.

Best is unprocessed natural food - so choose the fresh pig roast over that "7 hot dog". Choose fresh fruit juice over sugar laden crap.

That's what I meant by "naturally".

Who said death was a disease? What I mean by Ok was that you would grow old gracefully(or in Pattaya maybe that's disgracefully) and die peacefully in your sleep. No need for canes or to suffer from arthritis, cancer or other "diseases of civilization" for the last 20 years of your life.

Best is unprocessed natural food - so choose the fresh pig roast over that "7 hot dog". Choose fresh fruit juice over sugar laden crap.

That's what I meant by "naturally".

I know what you meant, but after spending a lot of my life being fanatical about health and what I eat I've come to realize that concerning oneself too much about what you eat causes more stress than benefit and stress is a killer. A health fanatic would definitely find the going tough in Thailand.

Becareful what you wish for.

One local supplier has been filling up the small 600ml bottles with chlorinated tap water. I'll address the issue tonight when I revisit my local Thai restaurant where they charged me 30 baht for 2 bottles of this vile "drinking water".

Well a couple of days have passed. What happened ??

Did you perhaps have a Zen Buddhist moment, and decide that World War 3, was not worth 30 baht ??

Did you perchance get a full refund ??

Were you thirsty, and drank the vile water anyway ??

Anyway, to return to topic, numerous posters have told you how to get water at 1 baht per litre, but you insist on not listening. Like a baby crying for a bottle, you search endlessly for your comfortable plastic bottle, for which you want to pay 25 baht per litre.

Also, there is no shortage of anything in Pattaya. The population, it appears has doubled almost overnight, and supply chains take time to adapt. That's all.

What's "GD" water?

If you want good drinking water you need to distill it or filter it after boiling it.

Boiling it will not get rid of toxins, in fact if there was blue-green algae in the water it boiling it could release toxins which are 200 times more toxic than cyanide.

Becareful what you wish for.

One local supplier has been filling up the small 600ml bottles with chlorinated tap water. I'll address the issue tonight when I revisit my local Thai restaurant where they charged me 30 baht for 2 bottles of this vile "drinking water".

Well a couple of days have passed. What happened ??

Did you perhaps have a Zen Buddhist moment, and decide that World War 3, was not worth 30 baht ??

Did you perchance get a full refund ??

Were you thirsty, and drank the vile water anyway ??

Anyway, to return to topic, numerous posters have told you how to get water at 1 baht per litre, but you insist on not listening. Like a baby crying for a bottle, you search endlessly for your comfortable plastic bottle, for which you want to pay 25 baht per litre.

Also, there is no shortage of anything in Pattaya. The population, it appears has doubled almost overnight, and supply chains take time to adapt. That's all.

Why do you have to turn a comment about some water suppliers filling up water bottles with toxic water into a potential flame war.

I personally don't have a bottled water shortage and I certainly won't be buying any of your 1 baht per litre water that will likely be worse than the water I mentioned. You've been drinking crap water for so long now you can't tell good water from bad.

Did I go back to the guy about it? No, not yet and I'm not concerned about the 30 baht either. I was merely going to mention it in passing because I am a regular customer and he was probably not aware of what he had purchased in place of his regular supply of good water.

I personally don't have a bottled water shortage and I certainly won't be buying any of your 1 baht per litre water that will likely be worse than the water I mentioned. You've been drinking crap water for so long now you can't tell good water from bad.

Well, have you ever read the label on your bottled drinking water?

If not, I would suggest you do it now.

If you don't about talk "Evian", you will probably find out, that your "premium water", is the same reverse osmosis water, which comes out of the 1Bt/l machines...

Or did you expect, the bottled water is "fresh spring water" from the Chiang Mai mountains :lol:

I have here different brands of water, Tesco, Macro, 7/11....all reverse osmosis

If you don't about talk "Evian", you will probably find out, that your "premium water", is the same reverse osmosis water, which comes out of the 1Bt/l machines...

Or did you expect, the bottled water is "fresh spring water" from the Chiang Mai mountains :lol:

I have here different brands of water, Tesco, Macro, 7/11....all reverse osmosis

Plenty of bottled natural mineral water available at every supermarket at prices slightly higher than drinking water,under normal circumstances.

This is very true. A lot of the bottled water available in convenience stores seems to be just processed tap water. And much of the rest doesn't say what it is at all.

Nestlé in the UK also make bottled water out of tap water.

I'll bet what I'm drinking is cleaner than the 1 baht per litre crap you drink but we digress here. The water I was discussing above sold in sealed bottles tasted bad and reeked of chlorine. If someone is going to give me crap water, at least it should taste OK.

Just back from shopping. It's a disaster everywhere. Baby milk first step, Aura water and Coke can are almost impossible to find in Carrefour (ex), Tesco... Most of the 7/11s don't have Coke or Spring water at all now.

With the flooding not going better in Bangkok, I start to worry a bit.

If someboy knows where to buy Aura water packs, please tell me as we start to be short.... Thanks !!!!

Just back from shopping. It's a disaster everywhere. Baby milk first step, Aura water and Coke can are almost impossible to find in Carrefour (ex), Tesco... Most of the 7/11s don't have Coke or Spring water at all now.

With the flooding not going better in Bangkok, I start to worry a bit.

If someboy knows where to buy Aura water packs, please tell me as we start to be short.... Thanks !!!!

DISASTER?

that's a bit of an exaggeration

on Saturday on my regular shopping trip to Foodland, Big C, Tops and Central Tops

i failed to get 4 items, i wanted

i called in Friendship yesterday and got them there

the 7-11's on siam country club road have bottled water, eggs and rice

wheres the disaster?

whats Aura water?

Plenty of most things now as long as you dont go to the big supermarkets late in the day, our local egg supplier has just taken the price of eggs DOWN to 125 baht for a tray of 30 from 145 baht last week.

Still hundreds of tonnes of rice at the big store on Chaiyapruek 2 with many trucks delivering daily.

Lotus did not have even one tin of cat food of any brand yesterday :(

I advised everyone over a week ago to stock up on essentials, including food for our four-legged friends, but was repeatedly called a "hoarder" or told not to panic as everything was going to be okay.

I advise again to stock up if you still can as things can still get allot worse. Bangkok is slowly being strangled by the flood waters. It Is about to get cut-off from the south of thailand as well so more foodstuffs, water, and seafood/meats will have to be diverted from the Eastern Seaboard to keep Bangkok feed. There is also a good probability that Swampy will flood and therefore no supplies could be brought in to there to supply the city. If central Bangkok floods, as appears likely, there will be a second wave of refugees in Pattaya putting a further strain on already short supplies of essentials.

Edited by FarangBuddha

I advise again to stock up if you still can as things can still get allot worse. Bangkok is slowly being strangled by the flood waters. It Is about to get cut-off from the south of thailand as well so more foodstuffs, water, and seafood/meats will have to be diverted from the Eastern Seaboard to keep Bangkok feed. There is also a good probability that Swampy will flood and therefore no supplies could be brought in to there to supply the city. If central Bangkok floods, as appears likely, there will be a second wave of refugees in Pattaya putting a further strain on already short supplies of essentials.

I stocked for 3 or 4 weeks, and after 2 weeks, I have today more or less the same understanding as you. More, the government appears to be engulfed and I'm not sure they will really be able to provide supplies before quite a long time.

Edited by vediovis

I stocked for 3 or 4 weeks, and after 2 weeks, I have today more or less the same understanding as you. More, the government appears to be engulfed and I'm not sure they will really be able to provide supplies before quite a long time.

You must be wrong.Ask Watchkeeper and Lenny as there are clearly no shortages,according to them.Only thing you have to do is start shopping as soon as the shops open and by 4 pm,and after having spend 500 Baht on gasoline, you will have found everything you will need to feed your baby that day.