Shops Running Out Of Products

JimSiam

Oishi green tea with sugar is very tasty.. the kind with no sugar is no good. But forget the green stuff, their pink Pomme grenade tea is the best! sooo good!

Enjoy your diabetes. :rolleyes:

+1, that stuff is about the same as putting a gun to your head and I shhit you not !

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just back from shopping. It's a disaster everywhere. Baby milk first step, Aura water and Coke can are almost impossible to find in Carrefour (ex), Tesco... Most of the 7/11s don't have Coke or Spring water at all now.

With the flooding not going better in Bangkok, I start to worry a bit.

If someboy knows where to buy Aura water packs, please tell me as we start to be short.... Thanks !!!!

DISASTER?

that's a bit of an exaggeration

on Saturday on my regular shopping trip to Foodland, Big C, Tops and Central Tops

i failed to get 4 items, i wanted

i called in Friendship yesterday and got them there

the 7-11's on siam country club road have bottled water, eggs and rice

wheres the disaster?

whats Aura water?

It's very inconvenient having to shop around all over the place to find essential items. Could be considered a disaster by some.

I advised everyone over a week ago to stock up on essentials, including food for our four-legged friends, but was repeatedly called a "hoarder" or told not to panic as everything was going to be okay.

I advise again to stock up if you still can as things can still get allot worse. Bangkok is slowly being strangled by the flood waters. It Is about to get cut-off from the south of thailand as well so more foodstuffs, water, and seafood/meats will have to be diverted from the Eastern Seaboard to keep Bangkok feed. There is also a good probability that Swampy will flood and therefore no supplies could be brought in to there to supply the city. If central Bangkok floods, as appears likely, there will be a second wave of refugees in Pattaya putting a further strain on already short supplies of essentials.

The central area of Bangkok is starting to turn blue according to this latest ESRI Flood Map. Not that it is going to be a concern for many, but the Philippine Embassy on Sukhumvit appears to be under.

post-34982-0-85590700-1320690220_thumb.j

Just back from shopping. It's a disaster everywhere. Baby milk first step, Aura water and Coke can are almost impossible to find in Carrefour (ex), Tesco... Most of the 7/11s don't have Coke or Spring water at all now.

If someboy knows where to buy Aura water packs, please tell me as we start to be short.... Thanks !!!!

DISASTER?

on Saturday on my regular shopping trip to Foodland, Big C, Tops and Central Tops

wheres the disaster?

whats Aura water?

It's very inconvenient having to shop around all over the place to find essential items. Could be considered a disaster by some.

Lots of these folks only consider it a disaster if the beer runs out...and seeing how the major Thai breweries are in the flood plain, it shouldn't be long.

I advise again to stock up if you still can as things can still get allot worse. Bangkok is slowly being strangled by the flood waters. It Is about to get cut-off from the south of thailand as well so more foodstuffs, water, and seafood/meats will have to be diverted from the Eastern Seaboard to keep Bangkok feed. There is also a good probability that Swampy will flood and therefore no supplies could be brought in to there to supply the city. If central Bangkok floods, as appears likely, there will be a second wave of refugees in Pattaya putting a further strain on already short supplies of essentials.

I stocked for 3 or 4 weeks, and after 2 weeks, I have today more or less the same understanding as you. More, the government appears to be engulfed and I'm not sure they will really be able to provide supplies before quite a long time.

You must be wrong.Ask Watchkeeper and Lenny as there are clearly no shortages,according to them.Only thing you have to do is start shopping as soon as the shops open and by 4 pm,and after having spend 500 Baht on gasoline, you will have found everything you will need to feed your baby that day.

not very original gingerbreem, either as a creative writer or as a shopper.

i shopped as usual on saturday, started out at the same time from the Lake (about 9-30) , went to 3 main shops as usual, slotted in a nice relaxed lunch and was home by 3-30

less only 4 items that i wanted to buy

so i called in friendship on Sunday as i was passing about 1pm and got them there

it was not difficult, not even 100 baht in gas, and not rocket science for well organized, non panicky type folks like Lenny, Rab C etc

maybe we don't stay up all night pissing it up in cheap charlie bars with similarly priced whores so we are able to make a reasonable start to the day........

Edited by timekeeper

DISASTER?

wheres the disaster?

whats Aura water?

essential items are everywhere

even back in 7-11's now

you folks should open your eyes more

shopping in pattaya has always been inconvienient

i cannot get everything i want in one store so i have always had to visit 3-4 stores on shopping day

been doing the same thing for 10 years

all over the place is normal for me

its hardly a disaster.........

I stocked for 3 or 4 weeks, and after 2 weeks, I have today more or less the same understanding as you. More, the government appears to be engulfed and I'm not sure they will really be able to provide supplies before quite a long time.

You must be wrong.Ask Watchkeeper and Lenny as there are clearly no shortages,according to them.Only thing you have to do is start shopping as soon as the shops open and by 4 pm,and after having spend 500 Baht on gasoline, you will have found everything you will need to feed your baby that day.

not very original gingerbreem, either as a creative writer or as a shopper.

i shopped as usual on saturday, started out at the same time from the Lake (about 9-30) , went to 3 main shops as usual, slotted in a nice relaxed lunch and was home by 3-30

less only 4 items that i wanted to buy

so i called in friendship on Sunday as i was passing about 1pm and got them there

it was not difficult, not even 100 baht in gas, and not rocket science for well organized, non panicky type folks like Lenny, Rab C etc

maybe we don't stay up all night pissing it up in cheap charlie bars with similarly priced whores so we are able to make a reasonable start to the day........

+1 clap2.gif

even back in 7-11's now

Sometimes I think I'm still dreaming and I should wake up again, as everything seems to be a dream.....

Timekeeper, I take note of your insistence and repeated sentences, but we don't live in the same reality.

even back in 7-11's now

Sometimes I think I'm still dreaming and I should wake up again, as everything seems to be a dream.....

Timekeeper, I take note of your insistence and repeated sentences, but we don't live in the same reality.

Things definitely aren't normal. I can pretend they are normal since we're well stocked as we always are... but the fact that we have to send people to the various supermarkets to wait for new stock (it indeed is coming, just not as smoothly or plentiful as before) to be unloaded suggests that things are far from normal. For some folks... for example folks that have to wait for paychecks to come out before they can buy groceries... I'd imagine that the situation is rather unpleasant.

:)

If there is no problem as some suggest why did I have to go hunting for ciggies this morning as the local 7-11 had none of my brand? They have had no tinned milk for weeks or sugar, cakes, peanuts, water and a lot of other products.

Eggs seem plentiful now, thankfully :)

It is no great hardship to hunt about as it gets me out and about a bit more it is simply a bit more hassle.

If there is no problem as some suggest why did I have to go hunting for ciggies this morning as the local 7-11 had none of my brand? They have had no tinned milk for weeks or sugar, cakes, peanuts, water and a lot of other products.

The problem is really, really about the spring water. I cannot find my water packs anymore. Yes, I could go to more usual water, reversed osmosis dead water, or half contaminated water from the street blue distributors, but I would prefer to have Crystal and Aura water packs. And I cannot find them anymore, anywhere.

There are at the local market and a lot of them were imported last week.

It is no great hardship to hunt about as it gets me out and about a bit more it is simply a bit more hassle.

its been no problem for me and i would not have noticed a shortage of these items as:

i don't smoke

i don't consume tinned milk

i don't use sugar

i don't eat peanuts

i get water in 20 litre containers

small fairy cakes are plentiful at S & P shops........

anymore ''essentials '' you can't get......?

I know not everybody likes the store, but credit must be given to Foodmart in Jomtien, they have kept well stocked throughout this difficult time, I cook at home 90% of the time and have never had a problem getting anything I wanted there, always plenty of fresh meat, vegetables, bread, milk, bacon and beer.

I know not everybody likes the store, but credit must be given to Foodmart in Jomtien,

Thanks, I will give it a try.

As I said, I use this topic to have news about the shopping situation and where to find things. If we cannot do it here, I will open another thread dedicated to it to try to redirect and centralise posts in this area.

you are absolutely correct, you do live in a very different reality to me......

No problem. Please ignore me. Thank you very much by advance.

please do not amend my responses to offer up a quote that does not deliver the context as i intended it to be:

So to be clear:

Vediovis said:

Vediovis went on to say:

'''The problem is really, really about the spring water. I cannot find my water packs anymore.

Yes, I could go to more usual water, reversed osmosis dead water, or half contaminated water from the street blue distributors, but I would prefer to have Crystal and Aura water packs.

And I cannot find them anymore, anywhere.''

Timekeeper said:

''so its not that you can't get water, its simply that you can't get your favorite brand of water

my! what a disaster!

you are absolutely correct, you do live in a very different reality to me......''

lets hope that clears it up .......

After morning coffee at Au Bon Pain/Avenue, went for a walk to Tuk Com going along 2nd Road and turning up at South Road. I went in to check on water supplies at 6 stores along this route (a couple Family Marts and Sevens, Watsons at Tuk Com, and Boots at The Avenue) and only one store had ANY bottled water (the little plastic "cups" of water). This must be pretty disconcerting for tourists and locals living in the area and for those who don't know where Foodland, Friendship, Macro, and other places far and wide are located (and may not have transportation as well) that some people enjoy spending all day driving around to pick up basic necessities. For tourists going golfing or diving, or other sporting activities, the lack of something as basic as water must really put them off further visits.

Villa also had NO water, except for a few bottles of expensive Italian mineral waters and a couple cases of Evian at B 38 a small bottle and B 1000 for a box of 24. Being the "hoarder" that I am, there is now one less box of the Evian so I guess by the lights of some people here, I am depriving 23 other people of a bottle of water or by my lights, ensuring that my family has the water it needs to drink when they want it!

I regret VBulletin doesn't offer a functionality to filter messages from people you don't wish to read once you are authenticated. I'm going to contact the developers for this feature request right now.

To come bacb on topic: If there are people interested, I will open a facebook page or a open here a dedicated thread about the shopping situation in Pattaya and around, so we can share information and details about our experiences and try to help each others. The Facebook page can be a good option as it is easier to delete pollution and unproductive/bitter messages. Please tell here or by private message if you are interested, if we are more than 4 at the beginning I will give it a start.

After morning coffee at Au Bon Pain/Avenue, went for a walk to Tuk Com going along 2nd Road and turning up at South Road. I went in to check on water supplies at 6 stores along this route (a couple Family Marts and Sevens, Watsons at Tuk Com, and Boots at The Avenue) and only one store had ANY bottled water (the little plastic "cups" of water). This must be pretty disconcerting for tourists and locals living in the area and for those who don't know where Foodland, Friendship, Macro, and other places far and wide are located (and may not have transportation as well) that some people enjoy spending all day driving around to pick up basic necessities. For tourists going golfing or diving, or other sporting activities, the lack of something as basic as water must really put them off further visits.

Villa also had NO water, except for a few bottles of expensive Italian mineral waters and a couple cases of Evian at B 38 a small bottle and B 1000 for a box of 24. Being the "hoarder" that I am, there is now one less box of the Evian so I guess by the lights of some people here, I am depriving 23 other people of a bottle of water or by my lights, ensuring that my family has the water it needs to drink when they want it!

i thought you got your water from marine?

oh sorry, i remember they didn't have any for you when you went but they did for me only 30 minutes later

i agree it must be really tough out there for folks seeking water

i filled up with fuel yesterday and they gave me two 1.5 litre bottles for free

how are people supposed to buy it if they keep giving the dam_n stuff away!........

I regret VBulletin doesn't offer a functionality to filter messages from people you don't wish to read once you are authenticated. I'm going to contact the developers for this feature request right now.

To come bacb on topic: If there are people interested, I will open a facebook page or a open here a dedicated thread about the shopping situation in Pattaya and around, so we can share information and details about our experiences and try to help each others. The Facebook page can be a good option as it is easier to delete pollution and unproductive/bitter messages. Please tell here or by private message if you are interested, if we are more than 4 at the beginning I will give it a start.

Please do not open multiple threads about the same subject, thank you.

Everything can be discussed right here so as to keep everything in one place.

One sarcastic post has been removed. Further caustic, negative and inflammatory posts will also be removed. Posting holidays will be awarded.

Also two posts discussing moderation have been removed

This thread is to share information and help each other out not get in snide remarks and digs.

OK, so let's back to the point, shortages and stock availability. If we centralise our efforts here, maybe we can help each others for our needs.

FarangBuddha , I sent you a message about First Step baby milk S-26 Gold

I'm still looking for Aura water packs, if anyone has an idea where to find any...

I confirm eggs are available at local markets.

Thanks

Have received a couple PMs for the baby formula information so will post it in public for anyone with little ones:

The infant-formula store is on soi Nern Plub Wan about 1 kilo up from Sukhumvit. If driving from Sukhumvit, drive over the railroad bridge and just past the ESSO gas station on the right there is a 7-11. Turn into the 7-11 parking area on the right and park. The shop is about 20 meters further up from the 7-11 on the same side (next to the Banglamung Cable TV shop and a rice shop).

Edited by FarangBuddha

ok, so there are clearly shortages for some of us.

Is there anything else we can do than trying to find the latest bits of everything in the shopping around?

Does anybody know where are the wholesaler and distributors? Or if there are places with normal stocks anywhere within a few hundred kilometres radius? We could try to organise some supplies ourselves and send a few trucks somewhere to bring back things we need. I'm ready to be part of a plan like this one.