Hilton Hotel Buffet

ciaociao

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks TK, so you can pay extra for the vino every night then?

Jimmy

that would appear to be the case, they call it a wine buffet

dependent on your level of consumption , it doesn't sound so bad to me

all you can drink for the price one bottle

i have been known to guzzle three bottles when in stimulating company over the course of an evening so it would not be bad value in those circumstances.............

i have been known to guzzle three bottles when in stimulating company over the course of an evening so it would not be bad value in those circumstances.............

wouldn't like to listen to you after 3 bottles of wine :blink: you're bad enough sober :whistling:

don't worry, you would not be there

you do not qualify as stimulating company...........

Which restaurant is the buffet in as the Hilton has a number of restaurants?

What is in the Buffet Monday thru Thursday?

Is the food any good and if so what did you eat?

the foods great on any day

the buffets are loosely themed in this manner

monday is wraps and sandwiches

tuesday is pizza pasta

wednesday international burgers

thursday asian noodles

tuesday is pizza pasta

thursday asian noodles

I've looked at all of these, with no enthusiasm. The only one I would go to is the Friday seafood one, though it is slightly more expensive.

A burger buffet is just too ghastly to even think about. :(

free flow wine (not beer) is a further 700 baht

Given the general cost of wine in Thailand I suppose that is quite reasonable.

I'm sure I saw an ad for something with free-flow beer at the Hilton. It may have been a one-off though.

I think the Brazilian place charges about 300-400B for the free-flow drinks. Not really a meat eater so I will probably never go there.

tuesday is pizza pasta

thursday asian noodles

I've looked at all of these, with no enthusiasm. The only one I would go to is the Friday seafood one, though it is slightly more expensive.

so am i understanding this post correctly?

you have never been to the Hilton?

I've been several times.

A bank rep from the UK bought me coffee there (served with a petit-four and a free water chaser).

I have eaten the seafood buffet there.

I have seen all the other buffets there.

The only thing that I would actually go there for is the seafood buffet, as I mentioned. Or the Sunday brunch if someone else was paying.

tuesday is pizza pasta

thursday asian noodles

I have yet to cross its doors and am unlikely to do so purely on the basis of what has been said in this thread. As you seem to go there a lot (and anybody else who has been) is there any chance of actually reviewing the quality of the food and what is available in the buffets perhaps making a comparison to other Pattaya restaurants?

I am sure this would be more interesting (even if not as amusing :) ) to other readers - well it would to me.

I have often eaten in Hiltons in various countries and not always been impressed.

tuesday is pizza pasta

thursday asian noodles

I have yet to cross its doors and am unlikely to do so purely on the basis of what has been said in this thread. As you seem to go there a lot (and anybody else who has been) is there any chance of actually reviewing the quality of the food and what is available in the buffets perhaps making a comparison to other Pattaya restaurants?

I am sure this would be more interesting (even if not as amusing :) ) to other readers - well it would to me.

I have often eaten in Hiltons in various countries and not always been impressed.

try this review by the good doctor, he is a far better food critic than i

http://www.pattayama...n-the-edge-5757

and the sunday brunch

http://www.pattayamail.com/diningout/sunday-brunch-on-the-edge-1932

i am known only to seafood and eat it....

Edited by timekeeper

The Friday lunchtime seafood buffet has good quality ingredients, but not the most expensive ones. For example, it has small cold crab quarters and quite large salad prawns, but not lobster or tiger prawns.

It has a selection of good salad ingredients for farang salad (like Caesar salad), and also some prepared spicy Thai salads.

I have had hot dishes of steamed salmon with citrus, roasted sea bass (excellent), squid, noodles with large prawns, BBQ skewers of squid, chicken and pork, and sea bass steamed in banana leaves (excellent). Various tasty dips to suit all tastes. There were also pasta dishes, and vegetable dishes. The hot dishes are properly hot, and they replace them as needed.

The various types of bread are very good. In the evening they also have imported cheeses, and other things like a carvery, but it does cost quite a lot more.

The desserts are very good indeed. A wide selection of many small individual dishes, and very high quality. They also have good fruit, ice creams, and I had some apple crumble with custard that was very enjoyable.

All in all for 400B I think it is better value than the sort of thing one might get for the same price in a farang restaurant in town, especially if you like the idea of being able to taste many different things or (as it's Pattaya) just stuffing yourself.

The other days are let down by the theme, I think. Burgers, pasta and noodles just aren't attractive enough for me to spend 350B on them (I eat noodles for 30B and love it, but they are filling), though I'm sure the quality is fine.

The view is very good. The staff are well trained and helpful. The seats are very badly designed; they look nice but are uncomfortable to sit in. Designed to stop you loitering, I suppose.

The desserts are very good indeed. A wide selection of many small individual dishes, and very high quality. They also have good fruit, ice creams...

they do have good ice cream, i always enjoy it. however, Mrs Naam and her sister are less enthusiastic about the ice cream they had two weeks ago. both blame it to be the culprit of their frequent bathroom visits the night after they had dinner/dessert and the following day. :ermm:

This discusion about the food at the Hilton and the size of the prawns has become to exciting for me ,i dont think i can take any more :whistling:

Shrimp Monday lunch buffet, today.

in my [not so] humble view the icecold unshelled shrimps are nothing to rave about <_<