Hilton Hotel Buffet

ciaociao

the foods great on any day

monday is wraps and sandwiches

tuesday is pizza pasta

wednesday international burgers

thursday asian noodles

I've looked at all of these, with no enthusiasm. The only one I would go to is the Friday seafood one, though it is slightly more expensive.

A burger buffet is just too ghastly to even think about. :(

A couple of plates from Monday lunch wraps and sandwiches.

post-20120-0-44365600-1319463649_thumb.j

post-20120-0-16003200-1319463718_thumb.j

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is truly amazing to me how many low lifers rate the quality of a

buffet or any other food (look for the "best breakfast in Pattaya"

thread) by price alone.

Some peoples taste buds appear to be wired to their wallet. If

it is more than 65 baht, it taste bad ....

Never mind about the ingredients of food, or the type of oil used.

But I guess if you smoke 2 packs a day, you taste buds are dead

anyway ... and you cant afford more than 110 baht for any type of

food.

Anybody looking for food advice on this board is lost ... go and

try for yourself and ignore all the crap posted here. I have given

up on any food advice from this board ....

Cheers,

rudi

Sometimes pictures speak louder than words.

post-20120-0-03729600-1319463999_thumb.j

post-20120-0-54246200-1319464045_thumb.j

It is truly amazing to me how many low lifers rate the quality of a

buffet or any other food (look for the "best breakfast in Pattaya"

thread) by price alone.

Some peoples taste buds appear to be wired to their wallet. If

it is more than 65 baht, it taste bad ....

Never mind about the ingredients of food, or the type of oil used.

But I guess if you smoke 2 packs a day, you taste buds are dead

anyway ... and you cant afford more than 110 baht for any type of

food.

Anybody looking for food advice on this board is lost ... go and

try for yourself and ignore all the crap posted here. I have given

up on any food advice from this board ....

Cheers,

rudi

Sometimes pictures speak louder than words.

thanks Kerry

that array of desserts would go nicely with the Pukka Pie, chips, peas and gravy i have just had at home

This discusion about the food at the Hilton and the size of the prawns has become to exciting for me ,i dont think i can take any more :whistling:

Shrimp Monday lunch buffet, today.

in my [not so] humble view the icecold unshelled shrimps are nothing to rave about <_<

First off it is not a seafood buffet and the shrimp was one of 50 different items. Second your eyesight is failing as only half the shrimp is unshelled. Third the whole thing is 350 baht. You are so negative! Glad you were not at the buffet today as the other 200 people there and those waiting in line were all happy folks. Rich and good looking to with knockout women and handsome men except for two 35 year old Farang who seemed out of place among the well dressed people.

This discusion about the food at the Hilton and the size of the prawns has become to exciting for me ,i dont think i can take any more :whistling:

in my [not so] humble view the icecold unshelled shrimps are nothing to rave about <_<

First off it is not a seafood buffet and the shrimp was one of 50 different items. Second your eyesight is failing as only half the shrimp is unshelled. Third the whole thing is 350 baht. You are so negative! Glad you were not at the buffet today as the other 200 people there and those waiting in line were all happy folks. Rich and good looking to with knockout women and handsome men except for two 35 year old Farang who seemed out of place among the well dressed people.

Am I allowed to sample the Italian lunch buffet tomorrow in my standard Pattaya attire of denim shorts, Hawaiian shirt, and boat shoes?

A couple of plates from Monday lunch wraps and sandwiches.

Those look nice enough, and Monday is perhaps the most palatable of the daily themes (apart from Friday). The desserts are more or less the same every day, as far as I know, possibly with the exception of Saturday.

I just think that the extra 50B for the seafood version is 50B well spent.

There were crowds everywhere today, due to the holiday (and the refugees from the BKK floods), but when I looked at the Monday buffet a few weeks ago there were plenty of seats free. As far as I know only the Friday one is well booked-up in advance every week.

in my [not so] humble view the icecold unshelled shrimps are nothing to rave about

Don't you think that warm water shrimp are generally not very tasty, when compared to cold water ones?

Best eaten with a dipping sauce or cooked with something spicy, I think.

Mrs Naam and her sister are less enthusiastic about the ice cream they had two weeks ago. both blame it to be the culprit of their frequent bathroom visits the night after they had dinner/dessert and the following day.

Ice cream is indeed a common cause, even in cooler countries.

What ,you pay all that money then you have to push and shove with 200 holidaymakers to serve yourself? what a wonderfull experiance. B)

Yeah like you are really going overboard paying 400 baht for a buffet!

Heck i dont class myself as a big spender but i regularly spend that and more on a meal.

If you knew how much it cost to set the meal in front of you would you still pay the rediculous prices. I can get a Sunday Buffet meal here in the UK for 10 quid which

is about 500baht and nothing here in Pattaya could touch it, added to that all produce here should be 1/3 the price it is in the west not double.

Rich and good looking to with knockout women and handsome men except for two 35 year old Farang who seemed out of place among the well dressed people.

LOFL.... If you consider a bunch of fat old people good looking....that what i saw when i was there :rolleyes:

You must be like Joe, I wondered where you had gone. Monday looked to me like nicely attired Bangkok folk out for a shopping holiday.

post-20120-0-69426500-1319500356_thumb.p

What ,you pay all that money then you have to push and shove with 200 holidaymakers to serve yourself? what a wonderfull experiance. B)

Actually it was only 300 baht on Monday. No one shoved me. But then, few people ever do shove me.

Yeah like you are really going overboard paying 400 baht for a buffet!

Heck i dont class myself as a big spender but i regularly spend that and more on a meal.

If you knew how much it cost to set the meal in front of you would you still pay the rediculous prices. I can get a Sunday Buffet meal here in the UK for 10 quid which

is about 500baht and nothing here in Pattaya could touch it, added to that all produce here should be 1/3 the price it is in the west not double.

Yes I know exactly how much it cost to set the buffet in front of me and god I hope you stay in the UK.

I remember paying about 1,000 baht for the Hilton Breakfast Buffet on Wireless Rd. 20 years ago.

The Pattaya Hilton Lunch Buffet is a great bargain.

Professional cooks and servers in a beautiful restaurant overlooking the sea.

Nice.

my emphasis was on "icecold" and icecold shrimps, as opposed to an icecold beer, don't taste. period!

its 400 on seafood lunch Fridays now

Presumably that has also increased by 50B.

that is correct Darrel

seafood day was always 50 baht dearer than other days

It wasn't. For many months it was the same price on Fridays.

Free drinking water is hardly limited to American culture. Go the typical Thai street restaurant and there is ... free water. Guzzling water? Are you kidding?

At an all you can eat BUFFET of any price level, my feeling is that free drinking water is totally expected all over the world. You are saying the Hilton really doesn't offer that? That's sleazy.

300 baht was a ridiculously cheap promotional price. It would make sense they should charge for drinks, including bottled drinking water.

its 400 on seafood lunch Fridays now

Presumably that has also increased by 50B.

that is correct Darrel

seafood day was always 50 baht dearer than other days

It wasn't. For many months it was the same price on Fridays.

already said and self corrected here at post #17:

''sorry Darrel, you are correct

when it was first opened it was 300 baht for the lunch every day except Sunday

then the price for the Friday seafood buffet rose to 400 Baht around March/April i think

the price rose by 50 baht on October 1st to 350 baht for everyday but Friday and Sunday

so its still 400 baht on Fridays

i stand corrected

still great value though.......... '''

do try to keep up Tropo.....

But Rimmer old chap ,we are discussing the overpriced European style buffet ,that some of our members have travelled half way round the world to live and then end up eating at,instead of good Thai food at a reasonable price ,if you wish to eat at such places why not stay in the West? :)

Are you serious? Overpriced? You must have been smoking something when you went there (if you ever did). I could get my 300/350 baht's worth with one plate full of smoked salmon.

For a lot of us Thai food is very uninteresting.

Edited by tropo

Free drinking water is hardly limited to American culture. Go the typical Thai street restaurant and there is ... free water. Guzzling water? Are you kidding?

At an all you can eat BUFFET of any price level, my feeling is that free drinking water is totally expected all over the world. You are saying the Hilton really doesn't offer that? That's sleazy.

300 baht was a ridiculously cheap promotional price. It would make sense they should charge for drinks, including bottled drinking water.

it was never a promotional price

it was always intended to be 300 baht including ++

the recent price rise reflects the rising costs of produce .

Nonsense. 300 baht was always a promotional price. It won't stay at 350/450 for long either.

'''

do try to keep up Tropo.....

I've been away for a month and I'm not that concerned if my comment has been covered before or not.

you were concerned enough to make it and try to make yourself look informed by correcting other peoples contributions.......

Edited by timekeeper

Nonsense. 300 baht was always a promotional price. It won't stay at 350/450 for long either.

It was 300 yesterday. And a bottle of water 27 if I remember correctly. But the water might have been 29 baht.

I could get my 300/350 baht's worth with one plate full of smoked salmon.

You could, but I've never seen it in the Friday lunch buffet. Evenings and Sunday lunch, yes.

For a lot of us Thai food is very uninteresting.

That's sad.

you are the one that is talking completely uniformed nonsense

it was never ever referred to as a promotional price

as completely incorrect & uninformed as your last comment

the current pricing is:

350 baht Monday to Thursday and Saturdays

Fridays is 400 baht

Sundays is 1200 baht

Edited by timekeeper

It was 300 yesterday. And a bottle of water 27 if I remember correctly. But the water might have been 29 baht.

you had a result then Kerry, i should have been 350

call and ask them how much for a Monday lunch Buffet in the Edge if you wish

038 2530 00

my emphasis was on "icecold" and icecold shrimps, as opposed to an icecold beer, don't taste. period!

The fresh baked foccia bread was great, hot and recently out of the oven and the Kalamata olive tapenade was wonderful. This was accompanied by fresh Italian style thin crust pizza baked every five minutes.

Espresso mousse, strawberry mousse and the chocolate cake would have cost me 200 baht at my local deli not including the chocolate and vanilla sauce for the fresh fruit in liquor.

The dessert and the bread alone retail in Pattaya would have been 500 baht. Add the fresh sushi another 200 baht. The poached salmon with meuniere sauce, duck spring rolls and a salad would have cost me 300 baht and I am not counting the hot Thai or Mexican dishes also available.

you had a result then Kerry, i should have been 350

call and ask them how much for a Monday lunch Buffet in the Edge if you wish

038 2530 00

I kept the receipt because I thought I might need it for parking and re checked it later and 300 was the price. When I drove in I told the parking attendant that I was going to the Edge and he moved a VIP sign and parked me next to the Hilton door. Parking however was free for the 4 hours we dined and shopped.