Hilton Hotel Buffet

ciaociao

Wow ,this discussion is really hoting up ,now we find that there is free parking as well!!! so let me get this right ,you and 200 other people can jostle and shove to serve yourself ,pay for a glass of water ,but the parking is free.

sure your not talking about the sizzler? :D

Edited by thaimate

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow ,this discussion is really hoting up ,now we find that there is free parking as well!!! :D

Not just regular parking. VIP parking right by the Hilton door. The toilet is also worth a visit, if you can figure out how to exit once you get in. I almost had to call the ladies to get me out. I would tell you all about it but why spoil the surprise. If you go remember to take your cell phone.

'''

do try to keep up Tropo.....

I've been away for a month and I'm not that concerned if my comment has been covered before or not.

you were concerned enough to make it and try to make yourself look informed by correcting other peoples contributions.......

Nothing much has changed since I've been gone.... I'm not concerned at all...get over it!

I could get my 300/350 baht's worth with one plate full of smoked salmon.

You could, but I've never seen it in the Friday lunch buffet. Evenings and Sunday lunch, yes.

For a lot of us Thai food is very uninteresting.

That's sad.

It's not sad at all. It's the reason why I don't live in nakansanowhere. A couple of Thai meals per week does me fine thank you very much.

I haven't been there for a while, but on all my previous lunch time visits they did have plenty of smoked salmon. Surely there must be something else worth 350 baht?

300 baht was a ridiculously cheap promotional price. It would make sense they should charge for drinks, including bottled drinking water.

it was never a promotional price

it was always intended to be 300 baht including ++

the recent price rise reflects the rising costs of produce .

Nonsense. 300 baht was always a promotional price. It won't stay at 350/450 for long either.

you are the one that is talking completely uniformed nonsense

it was never ever referred to as a promotional price

as completely incorrect & uninformed as your last comment

the current pricing is:

350 baht Monday to Thursday and Saturdays

Fridays is 400 baht

Sundays is 1200 baht

No, it is you who is "talking completely uniformed nonsense".

The 300 baht intro was a promo, which would have been obvious to anyone with half a brain. The price is now sneaking up to the full price, but it isn't there yet.

I understood the 300 baht lunch price was temporary. A way to get lot's of people into the brand new hotel.

Lunch buffet was 300 baht, out the door, including tax & free water.

Deal of the century.

Still is at the new price.

Nonsense. 300 baht was always a promotional price. It won't stay at 350/450 for long either.

the current pricing is:

Fridays is 400 baht

Sundays is 1200 baht

The 300 baht intro was a promo, which would have been obvious to anyone with half a brain. The price is now sneaking up to the full price, but it isn't there yet.

Yesterday was 300 baht so how do you know it is sneaking up?

The dessert and the bread alone retail in Pattaya would have been 500 baht.

That may well be true, but it only goes to show how absurdly high some prices are in Pattaya.

It is perfectly true that many prices are higher here than they are in the UK or Europe, and there is no possible justification for that at all. Luckily there are also many places here that dont charge absurdly high prices. The trick is to frequent the right places.

When a buffet lunch at the Hilton costs the same as a burger and a designer coffee at McDonalds, there is something seriously out of kilter. And it isn't the buffet price.

That may well be true, but it only goes to show how absurdly high some prices are in Pattaya.

It is perfectly true that many prices are higher here than they are in the UK or Europe, and there is no possible justification for that at all. Luckily there are also many places here that dont charge absurdly high prices. The trick is to frequent the right places.

When a buffet lunch at the Hilton costs the same as a burger and a designer coffee at McDonalds, there is something seriously out of kilter. And it isn't the buffet price.

I think the only thing out of kilter is your perception on what is overpriced. To judge other restaurants' prices by an exceptionally low priced promo lunch buffet at the Hilton is ridiculous.

Fortunately you have choices here in Pattaya and you can avoid McDonalds. I don't suppose you ever considered the high prices and royalties for these foreign franchises when you look at their prices.

There must have been an error with your bill. I just called them and the price is 350 baht Mon - Thurs, Sat and 400 baht on Fridays.

Maybe it's Karma. This month I found a little plastic bag of coins on the street and a 1000 baht note on the top of a sand cigarette urn and I got a raise in my paycheck that I didn't expect. Now the restaurant bill. All in the last month.

I'm pretty happy in Thailand and don't think the prices are bad but maybe I consistently get undercharged. I never considered that.

People give me free food too at stores where I regularly shop so I will try something different. This month I got some Stilton Cheddar and a couple of smoked pork chops. I did buy French bread, olive oil and salami to go with the cheese.

A Thai man who runs a second shop supplies me with new, real Lacoste shirts , Michiko London caps and Pepe Jeans. I don't know where he gets them and I don't ask. My GF never asks for money; the condo maid flirts with me every day and a waitress will chase me a block down the street if I forget my sunglasses. :D

Fortunately you have choices here in Pattaya and you can avoid McDonalds. I don't suppose you ever considered the high prices and royalties for these foreign franchises when you look at their prices.

And are there no franchise fees in Europe? And wages, taxes, rentals, pensions and all other costs aren't all many times higher there than they are here? Of course they are.

Not to mention all the farang restaurants/pubs that dont pay any franchise fees or other extra costs, yet still charge nearly as much as (or even more than) they would in the UK or Europe.

Give me a break. Many prices here are just way over the top and that's all there is to it. That applies to food and accommodation and manufactured items.

It doesnt bother me personally, because I just buy from the places that practice more sensible pricing, or I buy something different, but no one should pretend that there is anything normal or reasonable about absurdly high prices.

When a buffet lunch at the Hilton costs the same

as a burger and a designer coffee at McDonalds

Uh? How much is a typical "meal" at McDo?

Fortunately you have choices here in Pattaya and you can avoid McDonalds.

Is there any place where McDonalds can't be avoid?

There is absolutely no reason to try to eat what they sell in a McDo

when you have very good, healthy and cheap food in the so many Thai restaurants.

And about the Hilton, I found that 350 baht is expensive for just a lunch,

but if those who don't want to eat Thai food like the place, ok for me.

PS: If I had no other choice than Hilton or McDo, I would not choose McDo... ;)

this thread is very informative and i thank all those participants who drew my attention to the shortcomings of the Hilton buffet. i have been only once for lunch but quite often for dinner on a friday evening, most of the time when we have visitors from abroad who don't appreciate the extremely spicy food which is served in our home.

so next time when i pay 4,500 or 5,000 Baht for food and drinks i will ask for the manager and complain bitterly that there is no free drinking water and threaten, if the price for the buffet is not lowered, i will fly with my guests to the Yewnighted Kingdoom where i pay for a much better selection a mere 10 quid per head.

:whistling:

300 baht was a ridiculously cheap promotional price. It would make sense they should charge for drinks, including bottled drinking water.

the current pricing is:

Fridays is 400 baht

Sundays is 1200 baht

i have more than half a brain and it does not make ASSumptions

only ASSes make ASSumptions

one must ASSume you have only half a brain if you have not even thought about how i might be so sure of my facts

i can tell you categorically it was never a promotional price.

trust me on this, i do know this and you do not know this

in this instance, you are wrong and all the name calling in the world won't change that.......

Edited by timekeeper

the current pricing is:

Fridays is 400 baht

Sundays is 1200 baht

in your last comment you could not even get the current price right

you said ''It won't stay at 350/450 for long either.''

its actually :

350 Monday Tuesday Wednesday & Thursday

400 on Fridays

350 on Saturdays

1200 on Sundays

its not 450 on any day of the week.

so much for the extent of your knowledge ...............

ps best you call them to clarify the facts, oh i see you had to..........

Edited by timekeeper

I understood the 300 baht lunch price was temporary. A way to get lot's of people into the brand new hotel.

Deal of the century.

easy to assume that Paul but it was never called or referred to as a promotional price.

despite less informed members saying it was.......

I think the only thing out of kilter is your perception on what is overpriced. To judge other restaurants' prices by an exceptionally low priced promo lunch buffet at the Hilton is ridiculous.

you look ridiculous

it was never a '' exceptionally low priced promo lunch buffet''

keep saying it will not make it so........

There must have been an error with your bill. I just called them and the price is 350 baht Mon - Thurs, Sat and 400 baht on Fridays.

so you admit you had to telephone the Hilton so you would be sure about your facts?

uninformed?

i thought so, now its been proved to be so......

Edited by timekeeper

When a buffet lunch at the Hilton costs the same

as a burger and a designer coffee at McDonalds

Uh? How much is a typical "meal" at McDo?

Fortunately you have choices here in Pattaya and you can avoid McDonalds.

There is absolutely no reason to try to eat what they sell in a McDo

when you have very good, healthy and cheap food in the so many Thai restaurants.

And about the Hilton, I found that 350 baht is expensive for just a lunch,

but if those who don't want to eat Thai food like the place, ok for me.

PS: If I had no other choice than Hilton or McDo, I would not choose McDo... ;)

1.The thread is not about MacDonald's

2.The thread is not about Thai food.

Take that away and you are saying that you find 350 too expensive for lunch.

OK fair enough. Why criticize one of the most successful companies in the world? It is the most successful restaurant chain in the world by any measure.

To be successful one has to identify a product people want at a price they want to pay. I find it difficult to find a better example than MacDonald's.

Saying beautiful women are ugly does not make it so. You are an odd person statistically. More people like MacDonald's than any other restaurant in the world. More people eat at MacDonald's than any other restaurant in the world. Do you know how silly most of the world's population find your remarks?

But for quality of food do you really expect any sane person to choose MacDonald's over Hilton?

As far as Thai food goes, The Hilton buffet includes Thai food made to order. 90% of the customers there Monday were Thai. Assuming Thai people like Thai food and 90% of the customers were Thai that seems to shoot down the argument that people to to Hilton because they don't like Thai food. :jap:

Edited by kerryk

Give me a break. Many prices here are just way over the top and that's all there is to it. That applies to food and accommodation and manufactured items.

I just spent a month in Oz so I'm glad to get back to Pattaya where I can pay absurdly high prices. I could never get by for lunch in Oz for under 300 baht. A burger, fries and a small drink at Burger King (Hungry Jack's in Oz) cost 300 baht. The same would have cost less than half here.

You could try Thailand's immediate neighbours - Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam.

If you don't like it there try:

Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Armenia, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Côte d'Ivoire, Djibouti, Dominica, East Timor, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Grenada, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Iran, Iraq, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, The Federated States of Micronesia, Mongolia, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, North Korea, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Sudan, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe.

Deal of the century.

easy to assume that Paul but it was never called or referred to as a promotional price.

I see where you are confused. You believe a "promo" lunch should be named as such.

Since it wasn't named as such you believe it wasn't.

You certainly are naive....

in your last comment you could not even get the current price right

you said ''It won't stay at 350/450 for long either.''

its actually :

350 Monday Tuesday Wednesday & Thursday

400 on Fridays

350 on Saturdays

1200 on Sundays

its not 450 on any day of the week.

so much for the extent of your knowledge ...............

ps best you call them to clarify the facts, oh i see you had to..........

Give it a break Mr Timekeeper. You like people to keep up, so keep up. A few threads earlier I stated that I called the Hilton (today) and stated the current prices. The 450 was mentioned because some people earlier in the thread were suggesting that Fridays may have increased proportionately - at a time when I hadn't kept up.

You think that the 300 baht initial price of this buffet earlier this year was not an introductory (promo) price. You're entitled to your opinion, but that is plain nonsense. Back then they were offering copious quantities of smoked and raw salmon too.

its not an opinion, its a fact

it was never intended as a ''introductory promo price''

i know that to be true and you do not know any different

you are only guessing, imagining, dreaming or whatever you like to call it

just for fun lets say, if it was a ''introductory promo'' it lasted 9+ months, (long ''intro promo'')

do you think if it was launched only as a ''promo'' it would have been deemed a success by Hilton well before October 1st 2011?

you couldn't get a table inside the Edge on some days in the summer, so if it was a ''intro promo'' as in your opinion it was, then it had worked.

they had bookings of 200+ Asian groups on some days, most days it was very busy with 250+ covers

so there was no need to continue with the '' intro promo'' when it was that busy

i will say it again, it continued at 300 baht because that was the intended long term price from day one

it was never considered to be a promotional offer to attract customers as an introduction to the Hilton, although many like you thought it was

its understandable, but its simply not true.

to call something plain nonsense simply because you think its not true but do not really know for sure says more about your mental heath than mine

making fixed statements in an absolute manner will always come back and bite you

by the way, they still offer ''copious quantities of smoked salmon'' on certain days

so you would be wrong again..................

Deal of the century.

I see where you are confused. You believe a "promo" lunch should be named as such.

Since it wasn't named as such you believe it wasn't.

You certainly are naive....

i believe it as i know 100% it was never intended to be a ''promo''

you don't believe it even though you do really not know for sure and won't accept the possibility that you could in fact be wrong

i would suggest that makes you something a good deal more unpleasant than naive......

i believe it as i know 100% it was never intended to be a ''promo''

you don't believe it even though you do really not know for sure and won't accept the possibility that you could in fact be wrong

i would suggest that makes you something a good deal more unpleasant than naive......

It's obvious you know nothing at all.

There is absolutely no possible way that it was not a promo lunch, specifically offered to promote the new hotel.This is so obvious it's amazing we are even arguing about it.