I Am Being Challenged With Celine Dion

angeledge

I have a pioneer home theater system and when I am cleaning the apartment, I like to listen to some music. Today, I putted David Guetta and Daughtry. I found out that my neighbor, who is a young student, was challenging me by listening to some Celine Dion. I know I am a bad ass with my HT because the sound coming out of this thing is so incredible but what to think of this situation? I am wondering if I have to knock at her door and offer her a diner (and prob some plus after...)

you really have to be desperate to listen to this kind of music...

So, you are admitting that you are a bloody nuisance as a neighbour and, you are saying your neighbour is a pain for playing music loud enough to drown out yours rather than knock on your door and tell you how much of a peanut you really are.

Think I'd rather live next door to her than you.

So, you are admitting that you are a bloody nuisance as a neighbour and, you are saying your neighbour is a pain for playing music loud enough to drown out yours rather than knock on your door and tell you how much of a peanut you really are.

There's always one. rolleyes.gif

There's always one. rolleyes.gif

But But But, I'd rather live next door or with her. :)

Easy to do the big arms when you dont know to who you are talking to but let's say that my landowner will throw you out before having probs with me. There is some free spot in my block if you really want to show me how courageous your *peanuts* are.

You are in Thailand and you complain about noise and what is supposed to pass as music? Give your head a shake, mate. You are lucky you aren't living next to a temple where they play strange, off key sounds at 5 o'clock in the morning. Only idiots complain about others taste in music... providing they are actually serious in their complaints. So you like the heavy bass and sharp metalilic sound pounding from big speakers and the young gal likes listening to a woman with a lovely voice warble away with touchy-feelly songs. I could just as easily throw in some country and western about my dog dying, my lady leaving me and my old truck breaking down beside the railroad tracks. The answer is to get some Boise head phones and live in peace in your own world.

Been on the sauce Ian?

No, I seldom drink, and if I do it's only a beer or two, or a glass of wine with a meal. I like a bit of all types of music, but I can tell the difference between melody and discord. But, I DO have some funny stories about music taste.

My son likes heavy metal and I like certain country and western songs (but not all). I had some C&W tapes that I played when my son and I took a road trip to an area where there was no radio. My son was polite and didn't complain, but after 3 days of listening to the same old songs he asked if he could turn on the radio as soon as we got back to civilization. He said... quote... "If I hear anymore train songs I'm going to go crazy". So, when we got to town he turned on the radio and the first line of the first song on the radio was Johnny Cash singing... I hear that train a comming... We both broke out in hoots of laughter.

With that I stopped at the first market that had music for sale and purchased some heavy metal tapes for Matthew. For the next two hours on our trip home we cranked up the "music", turned down the windows, and listened to heavy metal. It was fun trip that we both remember.

you really have to be desperate to listen to this kind of music...

OP by admitting you listen to David Guetta, Daughty and Motley Crue one would assume you'd passed the desperate stage and entered the realms of considering eating the business end of a shotgun. :D

Some folks are only happy when the music is so loud that the speakers are vibrating away and the sound is distorted and fuzzy . There is an answer to this phononomem , get a safety pin and puncture the little disc at the center of the speaker diaphragm , and lo the speakers start to distort at 3 instead of 8 and the player is happy because they are playing their tunes at alto distorto level and the neighbours are happy because all they can hear is a low farting noise from next door .

Since this isssss Thailand. I would invest in some million, billion watt speakers and she how she reacts. Maybe she likes you ?

I have no doubts about that! When you challenge someone who is listening to hard rock and club music, you have to challenge him with something agressive! by listening to Celine Dion, she showed me that she is maybe heartbroken or just sad about some events happenning in her life. Today, I will do like the Thai Visa mate told me earlier and put on some Prodigy. will see with what she challenge me and knock to her door for a diner. Would be nice not having to go to Route 66 to get a lady (I get the GIRL NEXT DOOR this time!!)

I'd rather listen to Celine Dion all day than having to live with the morlam sounds coming from opposite street open garage workshop :ermm:

If you are in this situation, I give you a CD of temple music for free!

And I'll raise you Chinese Opera! I'm all for different cultures not being the same as my own but what a f#cking racket. I rather listen to Joey Deacon play a couple of dustbin lids with his head.

Since this isssss Thailand. I would invest in some million, billion watt speakers and she how she reacts. Maybe she likes you ?

I have no doubts about that! When you challenge someone who is listening to hard rock and club music, you have to challenge him with something agressive! by listening to Celine Dion, she showed me that she is maybe heartbroken or just sad about some events happenning in her life. Today, I will do like the Thai Visa mate told me earlier and put on some Prodigy. will see with what she challenge me and knock to her door for a diner. Would be nice not having to go to Route 66 to get a lady (I get the GIRL NEXT DOOR this time!!)

Yeah , Prodigy do doctor love ! Get a really daft haircut and stick a few safety pins in your nose before you go calling , you might astonish her into a date . :lol:

Easy to do the big arms when you dont know to who you are talking to but let's say that my landowner will throw you out before having probs with me. There is some free spot in my block if you really want to show me how courageous your *peanuts* are.

Feel better now do you?

I was suggesting the neighbour has better manners and made no judgement of my own....You will understand that if you re-read my post.

For the sake of it I live opposite someone who cares little about anyone else in the area...Big speakers, and thinks everyone in the world will love his music played at all hours, at a hideous volume.

Actually, my suggestion was just a little dry humor. Your idea sounds much more reasonable and challenging. Good luck to you !

Edited by paulian