Difference In Fuels

monty1412

All of the gasohol on the market in Thailand today is E10, meaning that it is a mixture of 10% ethanol and 90% gasoline. The primary difference between gasohol 95 and gasohol 91 is that the 10% ethanol is mixed with 95 octane gasoline in the case of gasohol 95 and 91 octane gasoline in the case of gasohol 91.

All of the gasohol on the market in Thailand today is E10, meaning that it is a mixture of 10% ethanol and 90% gasoline. The primary difference between gasohol 95 and gasohol 91 is that the 10% ethanol is mixed with 95 octane gasoline in the case of gasohol 95 and 91 octane gasoline in the case of gasohol 91.

except of course E20 gasohol (20% ethanol) and E85 gasohol (85% ethanol)cool.gif

except of course E20 gasohol (20% ethanol) and E85 gasohol (85% ethanol)cool.gif

My bad, did not see where in the OP was asking about E20/E85 and assumed he/she meant the run of the mill E10 fuels. Should be using PURE anyways, that fuel gives an extra 11ty billion HP and a higher top end speed at lower RPM.

Is E85 readily available, friends are getting decent HP from it back home and would be the fuel of choice for when I put a 1UZ into my pickup, that is of-course if there are competent tuners here in Thailand.

Edited by Spoonman

Thanks , thought that was case re alc content versus octane rating of base fuel.

Is there an octane booster or other additive in Thailand readily available.

Cant remember where but someone recommended with the carburetted CBR400RR I should be using it with E10 fuels... comments / advice ??

Rgds

Monty

ps. thaicbr.. thanks for clarifying the other post re Ninja as well