Thai Language Schools And Visa

I'll save Macwalen the time.

Walen school - always trustable

Seriously though, it might help if you said what city you want to study in?

Thanks mate

you mean of walen is www.thaiwalen.com ?

I want study in bkk

I did search on google and i c few schools say visa up to 3 years and some say up to 5 years , so i confused

also u know about tlslanguageschool.com ? they want just 50% deposit not full

any advise?

Thanks mate

I want study in bkk

I did search on google and i c few schools say visa up to 3 years and some say up to 5 years , so i confused

any advise?

Also try Ola language school they offer cheaper visa than walen I think from 12.500 to 14,000 Baht

Also try Ola language school they offer cheaper visa...

To pre-empt any possible misunderstanding it must be said that no Thai language school offers a visa. They offer Thai language courses and assist the students with the necessary paperwork to obtain a non-ED visa from a Thai consulate and subsequent extensions of stay from the local immigration office.

I gather that the OP would like to hear from students about their experience in receiving this visa assistance from the school where they are studying. Does the school provide this service as advertised and in a timely fashion?

Thanks mate

I want study in bkk

any advise?

Also try Ola language school they offer cheaper visa than walen I think from 12.500 to 14,000 Baht

If this is their official site http://www.olainter.ac.th , so i not c any phone number , address , ... nothing from them ...

The Thai Cultural training course that I took, required for for teachers, was given by TLS. They seemed to be competant and reliable and provided excellant service. I know that they offer professional assistance in obtaing an ED visa for a fee, but only a Thai Embasy/Consulate can issue one. I do not know anyone that has used their services in obtaining an ED visa. The owners name is Chris Gleeson, British, and his wife's name isTewi. Tewi Language School-TLS. She is the business interface with the Thai government and is very knowledgable and competant Their address is 48/9(2) Soi Ramkhamhaeng 60/3, Huamark, Bangkapi, Bangkok 10240. Telephone 02-735-0956 / Fax: 02-735-4748 / Mobile 089-489-9059 / e-mail: - email removed per forum rules - mario2008 - . All this is available on their website but at the moment I am unable to get into it -Bandwidth Error- There's a lot of water here and the internet has been doing some really wierd things. My house in northern Bangkok has water up the the first step on the first floor and there is about 2 meters in the street in front of mt house. But I must be just having a nightmare since the PM said that Bangkok isn't going to flood!

Edited by Mario2008
email removed

I applied for the 'Learn Thai Online' Package through OLA on September 12, and received my documents back yesterday. So, all up, just over six weeks, which is fine with me. The next step is to leave Thailand and apply, which I'll do in a few weeks... No rush...

I found the whole process to be very smooth, and the instructions and assistance provided by the school was first class. I used the 'Contact Us' link, and received my reply with all the relevant information the next day...

FWIW, I was actually looking for a Thai language course, and didn't know of the ED visa until I found a brochure - so it's a bonus for me!

I applied for the 'Learn Thai Online' Package through OLA on September 12, and received my documents back yesterday. So, all up, just over six weeks, which is fine with me. The next step is to leave Thailand and apply, which I'll do in a few weeks... No rush...

I found the whole process to be very smooth, and the instructions and assistance provided by the school was first class. I used the 'Contact Us' link, and received my reply with all the relevant information the next day...

FWIW, I was actually looking for a Thai language course, and didn't know of the ED visa until I found a brochure - so it's a bonus for me!

Hey james

can u please tell me did u apply for pack1(online learning) or pack2 . also what type of documents did u receive?

I want learn thai language but first i need visa for study in thai then i can study in schools

Be careful of on line services. If you want a ED visa I thinkk that you have to obtain it before you enter Thailand and require assistance from the language school but I might be wrong, I'm surely not an on line expert on visa issues as many claim to be. If you contact TLS , Tewi or Chris will answer your questions honestly whether or not you choose them to provide the service, I think that they are honest and want your business. I forgot that I can't send e-mail addresses on this website, so you'll have to either call them or access their website, tlslanguageschool.com, if you can. I still can't due to a bandwidth problem. If you want me to call them for here, I will and alert them about this blog so that they can provide and answer to you here.

Hey james

can u please tell me did u apply for pack1(online learning) or pack2 . also what type of documents did u receive?

I want learn thai language but first i need visa for study in thai then i can study in schools

I just searched the web and there are two TLS language schools in bangkok. Thai Language School and Tewi Language School. The one that I refer to is Tewi Language School and they have schools in both Bangkok and Pattaya. I sent Tewi an e-mail but no answer yet and their website is still unavaiable. If you look at the Thai Language Schools on Google they are not the first one but I found them on the second page-tlslanguageschool. I don't know if they are affected by the flood, but if I hear from Tewi or Chris I'll let you know.

Be careful of on line services. If you want a ED visa I thinkk that you have to obtain it before you enter Thailand and require assistance from the language school but I might be wrong, I'm surely not an on line expert on visa issues as many claim to be. If you contact TLS , Tewi or Chris will answer your questions honestly whether or not you choose them to provide the service, I think that they are honest and want your business. I forgot that I can't send e-mail addresses on this website, so you'll have to either call them or access their website, tlslanguageschool.com, if you can. I still can't due to a bandwidth problem. If you want me to call them for here, I will and alert them about this blog so that they can provide and answer to you here.

Hey james

Hey james

I applied for the Online Learning pack (Package 1), but am seriously considering paying the extra and doing Package 2 instead.

The documents I received included:

• The "Verified letter" from the Thai Ministry of Education
  • An official letter from the head of the department concerned requesting a visa for the applicant.
  • The school's registration papers.
  • School Principal and Administrator's license.

If you want a ED visa I thinkk that you have to obtain it before you enter Thailand and require assistance from the language school but I might be wrong,

No, you're not wrong - the visa does need to be applied for, and collected, outside of Thailand, but that doesn't preclude you from arranging it whilst in Thailand and then leaving to collect it.

Does it qualify to study Thai, in Thailand, online for an ED visa/extensions? I have heard tales of people being told 'not to mention' that they are taking an online course when they go for extensions/one year test.

Edited by EDVisa

With regard to OLA, there have been other posts in this forum (just search on OLA) about people signing up for their online learning programme and not receiving tuition, despite the visa paperwork being handled quite quickly. So if you're not just after a quick visa (which may or may not be extendable) and actually want some Thai lessons, then I'd suggest some more research before taking the plunge.

I don't think the posters in question (those awaiting classes) have given any further update on here and I still haven't heard of one person confirming they have extended a single entry ED visa for online tuition. The latter especially interests me, if attempting to do so in a province different to where the school is physically located.

I don't think the posters in question (those awaiting classes) have given any further update on here and I still haven't heard of one person confirming they have extended a single entry ED visa for online tuition. The latter especially interests me, if attempting to do so in a province different to where the school is physically located.

I have just got my first extension based on online tuition but, having said that, nowhere in the process did I state, or was asked about, the nature of the tuition. This is living in the same province as the school (just saving travel costs to lessons). My rough translation of the school's letter applying for the extension makes no mention of the nature of tuition, just that I am an enrolled student studying Thai.

The test at one year, separate from the extension, may be a different matter.

I have just got my first extension based on online tuition but, having said that, nowhere in the process did I state, or was asked about, the nature of the tuition. This is living in the same province as the school (just saving travel costs to lessons).

The test at one year, separate from the extension, may be a different matter.

You're in the same province as the school, so likely they'll assume you physically attend classes, especially if no mention of the online nature of the classes. I'm still waiting to hear the first horror story from someone in a different province to the school being unable to extend their visa.

Not sure what you mean about a test at one year, unless that's something specific to your school or immigration office. Not something I've encountered.

Not sure what you mean about a test at one year, unless that's something specific to your school or immigration office. Not something I've encountered.

I am told by other students online you go along to the Education Department after one year of study, before commencing a second, for an interview and (maybe) a simple written test. It's also been mentioned HERE

Edited by EDVisa

I am told by other students online you go along to the Education Department after one year of study, before commencing a second, for an interview and (maybe) a simple written test. It's also been mentioned HERE

Might just be a Bangkok thing then. I'm in Prachuap Khirikan and into my 3rd year of study and never had anything like this.