Flood Relief Operations Center Video Clip Reveals Donation Hoarding

Lite Beer

Here's the link to the video. Unbelievable how much stuff is hoarded at Don Muang.

Flood Relief Operations Center video clip reveals donation hoarding

BANGKOK, 31 October 2011 (NNT)- A video clip has been released online revealing hoarded donations by the Flood Relief Operations Center .

My question to the OP.

Where do you get the original NNT tagline for this story?

There's no reference to this story or video on the NNT website.

Only the link posted by koosdeboer way, way after the initial attention grabbing sh!t-stirring headline used by the OP.

Oh yes, how come the 'original story' is dated 31 October when most of the planet is still on Sunday 30th ?

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding this topic, what is clear is that on one hand most people are doing amazing things in a crisis and really showing tremendous generosity, yet on the other hand there are still some people who will latch on to the slightest hint of abuse and vault it from irrelevant or unsubstantiated rumor to the the height of truth and indignation.

Couldn't agree with you more, while there are so many people on the ground and in the trenches helping out in a horrible crisis there are always going to be people like the dimwits in charge of all these donations. They don't appear to have the brains or concern to make sure they are not stuck in a flooded out building but rather out where they could do some good. So sad when people put in charge of something have no clue what they are doing. I mean it's not like the building was suddenly engulfed in water they had plenty of time to move them out to a better location even if for some reason they could not get them out to the people that need them.

My question to the OP.

Guess you missed it > NNT

I guess I did! How did YOU find tomorrow's "news" ?

Never mind, for what it's worth it's finally on their front page.

Edited by NanLaew

As for the managment of the old FROC located in Don Mueang Airport, FROC Spokesperson Pol. Gen. Pongsapat Pongcharoen revealed that today was the last day cars would be allowed to enter the airport to transport the rest of the donation items. Asked about the suspicious hoarding of the donation items, he claimed that it was under the responsibility of the person in charge who must be investigated later on. However, he could not point out the authorized persons.

I'm just a Pol.Gen. who has been appointed spokesperson, I only tell what they tell me to tell. There is nothing in my contract about a need to know something ;)

According to an anonymous source, a video clip released on the internet revealing the Flood Relief Operations Center or FROC has hoarded a large number of donated items from various charitable donors. The items are held up at Cargo 1 in Don Mueng Airport and were not distributed to the flood victims. Items such as mobile toiletries were all locked away by the FROC.

Furthermore, the hoarded items also included donations from Japan

Channel 3 report showing the hoarded and now ruined supplies kept at the Don Meuang.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkVUGKO9lX4

You obviously do not understand Thai or you would not have posted that. I just watched the video, which was taken approximately 19:00 last night. It reported that FROC had been forced to move because of the flooding, and that the water had arrived so rapidly that there was no time to evacuate many of the supplies or office equipment there. They also reported that there were still 400-500 evacuees at the airport. THERE WAS NOT A SINGLE WORD ABOUT HOARDED GOODS, NOR ANY IMPLICATION OF THAT. Stop passing along BS rumors for everyone's sake.

But it did show yet again what a shambles their whole effort is.! They were being advised to move more than a week ago; just days ago the pm was on saying it will be fine no need to move (heard that a few times before haven't we) and now look! 4-500 evacuees stuck in the evacuation centre and large amounts of supplies ruined!

Shocking;- but sadly not so shocking as sadly predictable.

According to an anonymous source, a video clip released on the internet revealing the Flood Relief Operations Center or FROC has hoarded a large number of donated items from various charitable donors. The items are held up at Cargo 1 in Don Mueng Airport and were not distributed to the flood victims. Items such as mobile toiletries were all locked away by the FROC.

Channel 3 report showing the hoarded and now ruined supplies kept at the Don Meuang.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=FkVUGKO9lX4

You obviously do not understand Thai or you would not have posted that. I just watched the video, which was taken approximately 19:00 last night. It reported that FROC had been forced to move because of the flooding, and that the water had arrived so rapidly that there was no time to evacuate many of the supplies or office equipment there. They also reported that there were still 400-500 evacuees at the airport. THERE WAS NOT A SINGLE WORD ABOUT HOARDED GOODS, NOR ANY IMPLICATION OF THAT. Stop passing along BS rumors for everyone's sake.

But it did show yet again what a shambles their whole effort is.! They were being advised to move more than a week ago; just days ago the pm was on saying it will be fine no need to move (heard that a few times before haven't we) and now look! 4-500 evacuees stuck in the evacuation centre and large amounts of supplies ruined!

Shocking;- but sadly not so shocking as sadly predictable.

And most of all, it is not the subject of this thread....

As for the managment of the old FROC located in Don Mueang Airport, FROC Spokesperson Pol. Gen. Pongsapat Pongcharoen revealed that today was the last day cars would be allowed to enter the airport to transport the rest of the donation items. Asked about the suspicious hoarding of the donation items, he claimed that it was under the responsibility of the person in charge who must be investigated later on. However, he could not point out the authorized persons.

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4808399

I'm just a Pol.Gen. who has been appointed spokesperson, I only tell what they tell me to tell. There is nothing in my contract about a need to know something ;)

"There is nothing in my contract about a need to know something". Rubl you could have expanded that to every person at FROC and been spot on.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=FkVUGKO9lX4

So you say that FROC was not aware that there was water on its way :lol::cheesy: :cheesy:

Excuse me, but why do you use the word hoarding instead of stockpiled? Rhetorical question, I know why. Was FROC supposed to release all goods at once, which would have been logistically impossible?

< snip>.

My guess is that they didn't have enough trucks and time anymore after releasing the massive amount of goods donated by the politicians, and fugitive criminals , which had their image attached to the goods.

When you consider that the people chosen to handle natural disasters, and distribution of relief supplies, normally have had experience, if not, a learning curve can be expected. I would have thought the portable toilets would have been placed in the centers for evacuated people as well as other relief supplies. These locations were determined some time ago but watching the news, it appeared a lot of the food/etc was brought in after the fact. It did appear that small tents/mosquito nets had been prepared, so maybe some items shown on video were destined for later use????

It'll be interesting to see if Japan has a reaction to this after their donations were prominently shown in the video.

Can't tell exactly what were in their containers, but their donations have been substantial and Japan has shown to be a country where this sort of thing involving their donations gets addressed.

Excuse me, but why do you use the word hoarding instead of stockpiled? Rhetorical question, I know why. Was FROC supposed to release all goods at once, which would have been logistically impossible?

< snip>.

My guess is that they didn't have enough trucks and time anymore after releasing the massive amount of goods donated by the politicians, and fugitive criminals , which had their image attached to the goods.

It would be interesting to know just how many goods are "stockpiled" at the orher distribution centers. I wonder what the Japanese people would think if they saw the video of their flood contributions floating around in the now closed warehouse.

It'll be interesting to see if Japan has a reaction to this after their donations were prominently shown in the video.

Can't tell exactly what were in their containers,

Containers? Those were porta-potties no?

but their donations have been substantial and Japan has shown to be a country where this sort of thing involving their donations gets addressed.

Huh? This sort of thing? Unused porta-potties? Is there a precedent to base your comment on?

Here's the link to the video. Unbelievable how much stuff is hoarded at Don Muang.

Thanks for posting.

It's good to see this video is being hosted by a number of websites resulting in wider dissemination

It's the same as one that was posted earlier, in Post # 13, from YouTube's website

Edited by Buchholz

having been in the airport during the hoarding of these goods i guess all of you a right. too much BU**LSH*T about th epolitics. most of the clothes we helped to pack are now floating down VR road in the crappy water that is there. the wastage of the food is incredible. i helped to unload mote than 100 KG mushrooms, that were left for 2 days before being used. 300 KG frozen meat that was left out for more than 2 DAYS.

try stop the crap flying about whose blame. we all know the people in control are a bunch of useless prats.

Thank you for posting. :wai:

It's always good to hear what people on-the-scene can add.

We applaud your efforts and most of us can empathize with your frustrations.

Flood Relief Operations Center video clip reveals donation hoarding

BANGKOK, 31 October 2011 (NNT)- A video clip has been released online revealing hoarded donations by the Flood Relief Operations Center .

My question to the OP.

Only the link posted by koosdeboer way, way after the initial attention grabbing sh!t-stirring headline used by the OP.

Post # 13 contained the video within 45 minutes of the OP being posted.

:)

Come on guys this is understandable, it takes time to repackage donated goods as being personal gifts from politicians.

And it's not easy to transport these goods either. It's not like they had a US aircraft carrier to airlift the goods!

Edited by DP25

My question to the OP.

Thanks for the direct link.

NNT : National News Bureau of Thailand

thainews.prd.go.th/en/

News by The Royal Thai Government's News Agency

It's a positive sign that the government's own news agency published this.

My question to the OP.

I guess I did! How did YOU find tomorrow's "news" ?

Never mind, for what it's worth it's finally on their front page.

You can find all the news that NNT publishes in chronological order, by date, here:

http://thainews.prd.go.th/newsenglish/shownews.php?tnews_id=a1&dday=2011-10-30

Yes, sometimes there are minor slip-ups from the date posted on the articles on that link and the date inserted on the individual article.

On the roster of all articles, the date for this article is listed properly as, 2011-10-30

Can't tell exactly what were in their containers,

Containers? Those were porta-potties no?

but their donations have been substantial and Japan has shown to be a country where this sort of thing involving their donations gets addressed.

Huh? This sort of thing? Unused porta-potties? Is there a precedent to base your comment on?

*sigh*...

ok, I'll walk you through the warehouse.

I'm referring to the Green Containers from Japan shown at 00:51

JapanGreen.png

and not the Yellow Portable Toilets from Japan shown at 01:38

JapanYellow.png

Come on guys this is understandable, it takes time to repackage donated goods as being personal gifts from politicians.

And it's not easy to transport these goods either. It's not like they had a US aircraft carrier to airlift the goods!

without actually commenting as to whether or not this actually took place I would observe that there is an uncanny parallel if so seeing as Ferdinand Marcos did the same thing with international aid after a flood disaster in the Philippines - It was subsequent to this that he was ousted by a democracy movement wearing yellow shirts.

Cars ... transporting donation items??

"he claimed that it was under the responsibility of the person in charge" - and who is that? Is he still in charge? How about making sure he doesn't stay in charge so that things get done right ... now.

1319981633[/url]' post='4808732']

Thai PBS just showed more footage, taken by themselves, of the other issue this thread now also talks about - donated items left behind, now being destroyed by the water. The gf was not impressed.

As well she should be. I know we should be shocked, and yet... Not hardly surprised. Only the disgust remains, mingled with fear for the displaced in need..

Edited by animatic

Some more interesting items in "Thailand Live Sunday", all related to the topic:

MP Karun affirms boats and floating toilets are kept for flood relief purpose

Moreover, it is affirmed that the boats and the floating toilets, under the responsibility of the Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation, are kept in the warehouse, lining up to be distributed to the suitable places afterwards. They are neither left behind nor stocked up as personal properties as appeared in the news.

and almost ironic regarding the OP:

Sec to PM office minister is asking public to donate thru FROC, supplies are not enough to give out. and need more volunteers.~@satien_nna/via@Tulip_Oum