Crisis A Blessing For Pattaya

toenail

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<They were staying in the various 4-5 star hotels along Beach Road North>

That sort is not wanted.

Next thing they'll be promoting Pattaya as a family resort and trying to get rid of the bars- oh oh, they're doing that already!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Not everyone who lives in Pattaya expects every centimeter of sois to have go-go bars, massage parlors, and loud open bars. Have you every heard of city zoning?

Not everyone who lives in Pattaya expects every centimeter of sois to have go-go bars, massage parlors, and loud open bars.

You are right. There should be a few good restaurants too.

With all the talk about "upscale" Pattaya-Jomtien, what I see is an explosion of go-go bars, massage parlors, and especially extremely loud, open bars. My guess is that they have doubled in number over the past ten years. Anybody who lives in Jomtien knows how hard it is, if not impossible, to even get some sleep at night because of the street noise (and now fireworks) that keep you awake at night. I wish they city (both Pattaya and Jomtien) would take zoning seriously and move these noise makers away from areas of the city that they want to go "upscale."

Have you every heard of city zoning?

in Thailand? No!

Beat me to it!

They've been talking about zoning Pattaya for longer than I can remember. Like removing the illegal buildings on the seaward side of Walking Street it ain't gonna happen.

Anyway, I like it, as it's the only thing keeping the bl***y families away. Let them in and it'll be like Hua Hin- please God, not that!

quote name='Ulysses G.' timestamp='1320147526' post='4813971']

Good restaurants, I right now will settle for a good sandwich.

Can anyone tell me where in Pattaya its possible to find any of the following, it cant be that hard can it?

post-39258-0-68127300-1320223564_thumb.j

post-39258-0-52533900-1320223681_thumb.j

post-39258-0-52426100-1320223718_thumb.j

Pattaya will be on the short list for the next capital of Thailand.

That would be something.

Though, I'm not quite sure what kind of image that would give having the Extreme City as your capitol. But then again, logic hasn't stopped them yet, so anything is possible.

Good versions of those, no, I don't you can find here.

I doubt any Cubanos at all actually.

However, there are some glowing reports about the corned beef and pastrami at Del-izza, Jomtien.

JT, right now I will settle for bad versions.

Where is Del-izza located?

TIA.

Good versions of those, no, I don't you can find here.

I doubt any Cubanos at all actually.

However, there are some glowing reports about the corned beef and pastrami at Del-izza, Jomtien.

JT, right now I will settle for bad versions.

Where is Del-izza located?

TIA.

This place in Pattaya does steak and cheese, fancy dogs, and yes Cubans (so I was wrong that you can't get them).

I don't like their food though, but if you are that desperate.

http://www.subs-n-suds.com/

The Jomtien place with New York deli and mostly pizza actually is

Soi Casa Jomtien, which is between Soi 7 and 9. The name is Deli-zza

Can anyone tell me where in Pattaya its possible to find any of the following, it cant be that hard can it?

Looks like what Subway does. Near Walking St. entrance.

Quote tags removed to allow posting

Edited by thaibeachlovers

Please be serious.

Please be serious.

Deli-zza makes a FANTASTIC corned beef sandwich. I have not tried their Rueben yet but it has been getting glowing reports. The owner, John, makes everything fresh. His rye bread is wonderful. If you go there please ask the owner to start making a real Philly cheese steak and Italian sub. I have never found either one of these sandwiches in Patttaya-Jomtien (actual, real versions, that is). He no doubt knows how and seems to know what he is doing in the kitchen. Thanks.

Please be serious.

He's talking about a sandwich, for goodness sake. It's just a couple of bits of bread with filling- big deal!

Please be serious.

He's talking about a sandwich, for goodness sake. It's just a couple of bits of bread with filling- big deal!

He's talking about a human heart, for goodness sake. It's just some cells organized together. :):)

The BKK lads have realised one thing since being forced into Pattaya that prices here are far lower than BKK, you cant get into the massage shops here in Patts as they are 100 baht and 300 in BKK. all the BKK folk are taking advantage of it.

The electric company and provincial waterworks folks got their work cut out for them. We got number 240+ in the queue system at the electric company today to get meters at some new dark side acquisitions. The place was packed with Bangkok folks bringing previously ignored/mothballed homes to life and Pattaya folks getting their dormant rentals back in play. Looks like a lot of people plan on staying for the medium term at least.

:)

A nation's capital on the seashore? Only 3 sides for access = nightmare

It is interesting that the article on Bangkok sinking failed to mention the main threat and cause of the current crisis: climate change (and, in this case, associated rainfall). Unfortunately, a combination of factors will likely compel growing numbers of people, families, businesses to get out of town and that will mean more of everything we do not want in Pattaya-Jomtien, along with some things we do want. I think the bad outweighs the good in this case. One poster asked how long I have been here. I have a three-decade perspective on this area. Believe it or not, Pattaya-Jomtien really was much less stressful back then. No, we did not have Central Festival Mall, but we had what we needed to be happy and relaxed. Those days are gone; that is a fact. It is too bad that most people see growth as a good thing. They would make great cheerleaders for cancer cells :)

Any of us "farangs" living here, yet wishing for the "good old days" are also part of the growth.

It is interesting that the article on Bangkok sinking failed to mention the main threat and cause of the current crisis: climate change (and, in this case, associated rainfall). Unfortunately, a combination of factors will likely compel growing numbers of people, families, businesses to get out of town and that will mean more of everything we do not want in Pattaya-Jomtien, along with some things we do want. I think the bad outweighs the good in this case. One poster asked how long I have been here. I have a three-decade perspective on this area. Believe it or not, Pattaya-Jomtien really was much less stressful back then. No, we did not have Central Festival Mall, but we had what we needed to be happy and relaxed. Those days are gone; that is a fact. It is too bad that most people see growth as a good thing. They would make great cheerleaders for cancer cells :)

Any of us "farangs" living here, yet wishing for the "good old days" are also part of the growth.

Feel free to offset my presence by leaving :) Just kidding. Really. One of the most destructive concepts ever conjured up by the human species is that all growth is good. The destruction that concept has caused is way beyond immense. It is almost unthinkable that some people actually want more growth here--more air and water pollution, more people pollution, more traffic jams, more crime, more, more, more. It really is insane.

Yes, of course, and when it becomes clear that Bangkok is really sinking and that the government can't get it together to do what's needed to stop that, Pattaya will be on the short list for the next capital of Thailand.

The logical location for the new capital is between Sriracha and Chonburi. Lots of high Ground, close to the air and sea ports, Motorway access,and plenty of room to spread out.

Rethink the need to have a "capital" city. The Internet makes this more possible than it was in the past.

Indeed, I've heard as a suggestion on to how to combat the corrupting influence of lobbies in the U.S. is to get rid of Washington DC altogether. Make representatives work from their home districts. When they vote, make them do it in a public place, with their constituents present.

Shopping? The few hard-to-find items that big cities let you access can be shipped.

The new capital of Thailand, should be Thailand.

It is interesting that the article on Bangkok sinking failed to mention the main threat and cause of the current crisis: They would make great cheerleaders for cancer cells :)

Feel free to offset my presence by leaving :) Just kidding. Really. One of the most destructive concepts ever conjured up by the human species is that all growth is good. The destruction that concept has caused is way beyond immense. It is almost unthinkable that some people actually want more growth here--more air and water pollution, more people pollution, more traffic jams, more crime, more, more, more. It really is insane.

The only people who want growth are those who want to make money - regardless of the long term consequences! :(

The only people who want growth are those who want to make money - regardless of the long term consequences! :(

I understand where you are coming from, and you are right, growth = more business = more money to some, at least in the short term until "supplies run out" or the system becomes too unstable/exploitative to function. I am certain that virtually every person on the planet is being guided by a growth is always good mindset and do not even know they are being guided by it. All of us have been taught this from day one and the corporate media hammers it into us. It is certainly way past time to question this assumption. Some of us have been doing just that for over 30 years! To many "old timers," growth has destroyed Pattaya and is in the process of destroying Jomtien too. Certainly it has already destroyed Bangkok. That is too bad for younger generations. But it will never correct itself until the growth is always good concept is also destroyed and replaced with another concept that is sustainable.

Growth becomes greed when it is not sustainable? Bangkok is paying the price now for unsustainable growth! Stock markets around the world - the same!

I moved out of Bangkok to Pattaya in 97, traffic and pollution reached breaking point for me, Pattaya is fast heading the same way, Jomtien has come from being nothing 15 years ago, most of the land was swamps! to a urban jungle in a very short space of time.

Once Bangkok drains, which looks like it will be a good while, most Bangkokians will head back there as thats where they make there money, sure some of the expats that have had to relocate here will find it preferable to Bangkok! who would want to head back to Bangkok until its cleaned up? we have all seen how good Thai's are at cleaning up, the place is going to be disease ridden for a good while!