Modify Motorbike For Deep Water

dave111223

Today i saw a lot of motorbikes driving around with a bit of tubing stuck on the exhaust, acting as a snorkel.

Is this all you need to do in order to run a bike in deep water; is there no air intake that also needs a snorkel?

I have a Hondo Wave (ironic i know) that i'd like to modify just case the water does come and i need a way out.

the air box is usually higher (near seat level)

The main problem with running through water is the pressure of the water, you have to keep the revs up (car or bike) by putting a snorkel on the exhaust you do not have this problem.. It still does not mean you can go through very deep water.. but half way up the wheels should be no problem once you get the exhaust out of the water.

the air box is usually higher (near seat level)

The main problem with running through water is the pressure of the water, you have to keep the revs up (car or bike) by putting a snorkel on the exhaust you do not have this problem.. It still does not mean you can go through very deep water.. but half way up the wheels should be no problem once you get the exhaust out of the water.

Sounds about right! From the television reports I see a lot of rabbits driving pick-ups thru the water at a fair clip. Watch out for those bow waves folks.