Sort Those Ports!

whooliggen

Hey All,

Just wanted to share what has proved a real breakthrough for me, so hopefully some of you other similarly un-technically minded boys n girls may find the same.

Have always had a real headache with the port-forwarding/mapping business and have always been envious of those who have the klnowledge to take advantage of whats out there. The I came across Bit Spirit, which is a bittorrent client that sorts out portmapping for you.

1. Download the client

2. Login to your router and enable UPnP

3. Start Bit Spirit and follow through the wizard - at the appropriate stage, click "find UPnP device - and when its done that, Bob will be your uncle..Well he has become mine, so hopefully he'll introduce himself to you too..

Hope it proves helpful for some.

Happy mapping,

W. :o

You have to make sure that you have logged in to your router and enabled UPnP BEFORE - not shouting, just stressing :D - you step through the Bit Spirit wizard. Unfortunately I cant seem to save the "enable UPnP" setting and so have to login to my router every day and enable it manually each time (no real drama),but the results have been well worth it..

I have a 1024/256 connection and if a torrent is well seeded can pretty much download at my max capability (around 100KB's).

Good luck and I hope you get it going

W. :o

p.s. forgot to add - you will also need to run the wizard each time to find the UPnP device (or at least I do).

Edited by whooliggen