Hi Speed Fiber In Chalong

jansson

You can search customer reported speeds by ISP, package, and location here: http://www.khunwoody.com/phuket-internet-speed/

Taking a quick look at the Fiber2U 10mb package in Chalong on the above site, it would seem to not be a viable option at this time. Certainly not at 4400 baht. Seems to fast a few months ago, now it has crawled to a stop, probably as more members have signed up.

The Fiber 2U 20mb is getting faster downloads, but no one seems to be getting over 500kbps uploads, usually much slower. No good for VOIP.

Edited by ScubaBuddha

The Fiber 2U 20mb is getting faster downloads, but no one seems to be getting over 500kbps uploads, usually much slower. No good for VOIP.

VoIP works perfectly with less than 500kbps. Even the bandwidth hungry codec G711 uses only 64kbps.

I'm using VoIP over the CAT CDMA EVDO without problems when calling out. I also try to use G729 codec which gives good enough voice quality for the calls.

Of course if you have several calls at the same time with G711, then you might have a problem.

Quicker than i thought, order monday-ready friday !!!!

J

I've been seeing a lot of mixed reports. TOT Fiber 2U used to be a tremendous (albeit a bit expensive) package. Now the speed reports tend to be slow - although a few people are doing fine.

When you get the line installed, please drop by www.phuketinternetspeed.com and sign up to start reporting your speeds. Crowdsourcing internet speeds really works - and TOT is watching the speed results.