Whats Good About Pattaya

mrbojangles

Come on Guys, those of you who live or are currently in Pattaya. Let's show all the people who slag Patters off, something good about the place.

I had my first Loy Krathong in Patters last year and it was great. With all the ladies dressed up, it was a wonderful atmosphere and a lovely sight. Unfortunately i'm not there until next month, this time.

So get your Digi Cameras out and post some piccies on here and lets see some of the positive things about Patters. :o

A little visit to Big Buddha is a nice respite during the day for a diversion, release a few trained birds, snap a few pics, enjoy some greenery, yada,

I've always liked this sign at the base of the stairs,

loveangersignsm.jpg

Calms me down, for about 15 mins, :o

Pattaya is wonderful.

Parts are over built and a bit smelly but nothing compared to Bangers.

95% of the Thai people here are wonderful.

50% of the falangs are on a scale of wonderful to acceptable but I don't mix with them much.

Why should I have to justify myself to some dickwads such as those on the 'Laddies' forum who think every male falang in Pattaya is clutching a 6 years hand and is about to sexually abuse him/her. As I always say to such people send me evidence (repeat evidence) of any abuse and I will ensure it gets to the appropriate authorities and is acted upon. The 'evidence' never comes.

Loy Krathong was wonderful and tilac's boat went a LONG way so she was happy.

Better get to bed as I have to be at the orphanage at 9am for my volunteer day. Kids need fun as well as money (which I also give).

You  posted  too late...................just  got  back  in, never  took  the  camera  with  me..

Yeah, i thought i might have. Oh well, hopefully when the next shift log on someone will have taken some piccies.

Better get to bed as I have to be at the orphanage at 9am for my volunteer day.  Kids need fun as well as money (which I also give).

Good on yer Yarpy, i'm sure the orphanage appreciate your help.

Another positive thing about the guys in Patters :o

It was a perfect night to celebrate Loy Krathong.

:D

Slightly cloudy, with the full moon rising... gentle offshore breeze... thousands of sky lanterns rising up into the air... and tens of thousands of krathongs with lit candles and incense floating out to sea... a truly spectacular and enjoyable evening.

Pity... I forgot my camera too... :o

Maybe someone could teach me how to shrink the pic down :D

By the way my gf is the one on the right :o

Open the file with Microsoft Picture Manager (assuming you're running Win XP).

Edit Pictures

Resize.

Percentage of original width x height. (I'd suggest 25% for that photo)

Click OK.

Save file.

Nice photo BTW... lovely lady. :D

Very nice photo's johng............the bird in the first one in the red dress looks like a handful.........(hope its not your missus.. :o:D )

Edit.come to think of it she looks like the bird who used to own a bar at the back of Best Friend Bars on beach road.............speaks with an american twang if its same bird. :D

Edited by thaiflyer1

:D Glad you liked the piccies mrbojangles.

Walking street was packed,as was the Bali Hi pier area where they held the Miss Nopparmart contest ,don't know who won as I left after the fireworks.

One thing my girlfriend was dissapointed with was the lack of food stalls at the pier compared to last year. :D

I was amazed that the local authorities left a very very slipery walk way down to the beach open, albeit with volunteers to help people up/down, it was still extremely dangerous. :o

All in all a good night out.. with no sign of any trouble from drunken yobs ! :D

Edit.come to think of it she looks like the bird who used to own a bar at the back of Best Friend Bars on beach road.............speaks with an american twang if its same bird

Yep thaiflyer1 thats her " Linda " :o:D:D she still owns the bar called Linda's Bar.

And no she isn't my missus. :D:D

Sorry if it seems I'm coming down on the falangs lately but Songkran just double sucks and it is ALL the falangs fault. The Thais are fine but falangs carrying supersoakers filled with dirty water pisses me off.

After nearly decking several of these idiots I now piss of to an island until its all over.

Sorry if it seems I'm coming down on the falangs lately but Songkran just double sucks and it is ALL the falangs fault.  The Thais are fine but falangs carrying supersoakers filled with dirty water pisses me off.

After nearly decking several of these idiots I now piss of to an island until its all over.

Erhhm......last night was Loi Kratong, just a tad different.

Songkran is next year.