Tourist Visa - Flight Requirements

Hi, If I apply for a 2 month Tourist Visa but intend to extend it by 1 month at an Immigration Office, what flight dates should it show?

E.g. if applying on October 30th should my outward flights be booked for December 30th or January 30th?

Also, if go overland to Vientiane to make this application do I need to show a flight INTO Thailand as well as OUT?

I would also like to know if it is still possible to get a double entry visa from Vientiane or Kuala Lumpur?

Any advice gratefully received.

You can apply for Tourist visa in ANY neighboring country. Malaysia/Laos?Cambodia etc, the success of the application may depend on your visa history, ie: how many what type duration etc. that is already in your passport.

Wow... thanks for taking the time Charlie but you managed to answer none of my questions. The question I need answered the most urgently is the first one about which dates I'm supposed to show flights for. I also asked if it's still possible to obtain a DOUBLE ENTRY Tourist Visa... I specified Vientiane and Kuala Lumpur because not all Embassies and Consulates apply the same rules. These are the best destinations for me. Please let me know if you have any further info, cheers Yogi

The airlines should only be requiring tickets out of Thailand if you don't have a visa. With a tourist visa you shouldn't have a problem boarding.

Doesn't matter what you put on the application date. It's not something they hold you to. To play safe, tell them something around/under 60 days.

TV's are good for 60 days, not two months. + extension, of course.

The airlines should only be requiring tickets out of Thailand if you don't have a visa. With a tourist visa you shouldn't have a problem boarding.

But the new rules require you to show flight tickets and accommodation bookings before you get a tourist visa?, don't they?

I'm an occasional visitor to Thailand, and in the last 12 months, I've spent 10 weeks in total there. But the new rules seem to make things difficult. The OP's question is very pertinent. I'll be getting a tourist visa soon in Malaysia, and I'd like to know the answer to this question too.

Are the zealous new rules being enforced in Thai consulates in Malaysia?

If they're being enforced, does the return flight booking include the extension period? Or just within 60 days?

How about hotel/guesthouse bookings? Necessary?

I too am looking for these exact answers. I have an outgoing ticket that is valid for 1 year. My return date was originally Nov. 22 but now I am looking to stay longer. My passport has a combination over the years of visas on arrivals and tourist visas applied for in the U.S. I have never stayed here longer than 3 months at a time without returning to the U.S. Is it possible to get a double entry tourist visa out of Penang? If not where is the best place to go? and what should my airline ticket show? Thank you to Yogi for starting this topic... I hope we can get some answers.... :jap:

Y0gi is referring to this announcement about requirements for a tourist visa, shown on the website of the Thai consulate in Phnom Penh:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Eyyl11EEWR8ZfFHV2pAccQ?feat=directlink

This was first mentioned here on ThaiVisa on August 26, 2011:

The requirement for a flight out of Thailand has always been on this page on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, but few consulates appear to have implemented it. To whom the ministry sent the guidelines about the stricter requirements is not clear. From posts by members it seems that only consulates in Southeast Asia started to implement them. Not enough reports have been received so far to discern a pattern as to what consulates use these requirements and how consistently they apply them.