Support And A Scolding For Yingluck On Flood Tour

webfact

Support and a scolding for Yingluck on flood tour

The Nation

30169170-01.jpg

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra was both cheered and jeered by people affected by the flooding during an inspection trip to Bangkok's Don Muang district yesterday.

Yingluck spent two hours inspecting the area by boat and dropping EM (effective micro-organism) balls into the flood waters, which have become polluted. She also distributed relief supplies to flood victims.

Over 400 Burapa community residents cheered as they welcomed the prime minister, saying they would be able to survive now that she had come to visit them.

However, at the Kosum Ruamjai market, where about 500 people had converged to wait for relief supplies, many who went empty handed expressed anger. "We were told to come out for supplies, but there are not enough for everyone,'' one man said.

At Don Muang Technical College, a designated evacuation centre which is itself flooded, 200 evacuees who had to move to live on the second floor shouted for help as Yingluck passed by. They told her they were struggling as no official had turned up to help them, and could not go anywhere because the boat trips were very costly.

Yingluck said that although she had received both public support and scolding, she would not be disheartened because she understood the public's plight. She admitted that she was stressed sometimes, but said she would be patient.

The prime minister said she had not taken any action to prevent water from flooding her house, which is on the road running parallel to the Ram-Indra expressway. Her house is one metre higher than the road, and if the water exceeds that level her house would be flooded, she said.

Yingluck also said that according to Flood Relief Operations Centre chief Pracha Promnok, flood barriers at Klong Papa had not been damaged by people, but had simply worn away.

Up to 17 vulnerable spots along the flood barriers were detected on Wednesday night and authorities had restored them all by yesterday.

The premier said misinformation had led to the Metropolitan Waterworks Authority's announcement yesterday that the agency would stop tap-water production if raw water resources were contaminated by flood waters. The agency urged residents not to destroy embankments put up to prevent flood waters from overflowing into the tap water resources.

Yingluck said damage to flood barriers would not affect tap-water production.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-11-04

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"We were told to come out for supplies, but there are not enough for everyone,'' one man said.

How many people would have waded through the filth if they announced a public relations photo op with the Prime Minister? Me thinks not too many.dry.gif

Get out of the boat and walk through the water like the rest of us. She feels stressed -Her stress is nothing compared to that of those living under or in the water and getting sweet FA from her and her government.

Edited by sbk
obscenity removed

When you evacuate people to a designated site, you would expect that there would be officials there to help them. What about medical facilities, relief supplies, etc? To charge these people for use of boats is the height of gouging. Wonder if these are donated/govt. supplied boats that are being charged for?

"Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra was both cheered and jeered by people affected"

where's the 'jeered' part in the article?

Sweet jesus.............

However, at the Kosum Ruamjai market, where about 500 people had converged to wait for relief supplies, many who went empty handed expressed anger.

I expect they expressed anger by writing to the editor of The Times.

The premier said misinformation had led to the Metropolitan Waterworks Authority's announcement yesterday that the agency would stop tap-water production if raw water resources were contaminated by flood waters.

That's one of the main problems with the management of this disaster.

"Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra was both cheered and jeered by people affected"

Sweet jesus.............

However, at the Kosum Ruamjai market, where about 500 people had converged to wait for relief supplies, many who went empty handed expressed anger.

You dropped this part of the description which puts the expression of anger in context; "We were told to come out for supplies, but there are not enough for everyone,'' one man said.

The people were not described as jeering the PM.

You dropped this part of the description which puts the expression of anger in context; "We were told to come out for supplies, but there are not enough for everyone,'' one man said.

And who's responsible for the provision of relief supplies? He has come out to complain to the PM. He is angry because there aren't enough relief supplies. That's jeering.

Sweet jesus.............

quote:

unquote

:rolleyes:

One need only look at yesterday's 219th flood topic thread...

BANGKOK, November 3, 2011 (AFP) - Frustrated flood victims berated Thailand's under-pressure prime minister on Thursday during a visit to inundated areas of the capital Bangkok

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, facing the first major test of her fledgling leadership, visited flood victims in hard-hit Don Mueang district in northern Bangkok where she was rebuked by disgruntled residents.

During a boat tour of areas submerged by polluted floodwaters an elderly man told Yingluck: "You're here just for fun, not really to help, so don't come back!"

There's an article in the smh that expands on this encounter.

Victims vent their anger on Thai PM

November 4, 2011

BANGKOK: Frustrated flood victims berated Thailand's Prime Minister yesterday during her visit to inundated areas of Bangkok, one-fifth of which is now under water.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/victims-vent-their-anger-on-thai-pm-20111103-1my5c.html#ixzz1chAv8QXI

Possibly due to the flooding some of our more aged posters may well be suffering from a nasty eye infection. Seems as if many flood victims are not so badly afflicted by the this infection outbreak though.

Conjunctivitis.jpg

Sweet jesus.............

sweet Jesus indeed....

twice it mentions that she was cheered by the crowd, once in a particular instance... plus the only picture show's what looks like a happy crowd.

it doesn't once say that she was jeered in any particular instance.

have you the common sense to see the difference with me saying that there was no proper mention of the 'jeering' crowd part of the article... and saying everyone was happy and she's doing just swell? ... i honestly, truly don't know

also you forgot to finish the quote .

"However, at the Kosum Ruamjai market, where about 500 people had converged to wait for relief supplies, many who went empty handed expressed anger. "We were told to come out for supplies, but there are not enough for everyone,'' one man said."

..so looks like they expressed their anger by one guy talking to the nation rather than the editor of the times, based on this article

Sweet jesus.............

quote:

unquote

BANGKOK, November 3, 2011 (AFP) - Frustrated flood victims berated Thailand's under-pressure prime minister on Thursday during a visit to inundated areas of the capital Bangkok

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, facing the first major test of her fledgling leadership, visited flood victims in hard-hit Don Mueang district in northern Bangkok where she was rebuked by disgruntled residents.

During a boat tour of areas submerged by polluted floodwaters an elderly man told Yingluck: "You're here just for fun, not really to help, so don't come back!"

do you really not see that this article is hinting that she was jeered by crowds? as in 'boo, hiss' etc etc etc

you really don't realize this? i mean honestly

Sweet jesus.............

So G'kid, you believe the man said it ("We were told to come out for supplies, but there are not enough for everyone") with a smile on his face?

Get real.

The government hands out one spoonful of water per Bangkokian per day since Tuesday this week. It has also handed out a quarter of an egg per Bangkokian so far.

Why would there possibly be people complaining about insufficient aid?

The government hands out one spoonful of water per Bangkokian per day since Tuesday this week. It has also handed out a quarter of an egg per Bangkokian so far.

Why would there possibly be people complaining about insufficient aid?

a typical casting the bait into the pond post

who would say there is no possibility of people complaining about insufficient aid? no one... so there's that question answered for you.

Sweet jesus.............

quote:

unquote

quote:

unquote.

do you really not see that this article is hinting that she was jeered by crowds? as in 'boo, hiss' etc etc etc

What I really see is what is evidenced by the article I posted.

To me, this qualifies as jeering,

"You're here just for fun, not really to help, so don't come back!"

It was just in a thread posted yesterday.

Rather than needlessly getting pedantically bogged down on precisely what is said to whom in which thread, I think its safe to say the Prime Minister was jeered, chided, or berated (pick a synonym of your choice) during her visit to Don Meuang.

Edited by Buchholz

Sweet jesus.............

No they were described as been given false promises ( as usual) so there would be some nice pictures for Yingluck's future PR campaign's,but it turned out that people sart to get fed up with the lies and unthruths told.

quote:

unquote.

Rather than needlessly getting pedantically bogged down on precisely what is said to whom in which thread, I think its safe to say the Prime Minister was jeered, chided, or berated (pick a synonym of your choice) during her visit to Don Meuang.

"Rather than needlessly getting pedantically bogged down on precisely what is said to whom in which thread"

lol, you'll have to excuse me but that's a rich statement from someone who regurgitates quotes and articles sometimes going back years..!

"I think its safe to say the Prime Minister was jeered, chided, or berated (pick a synonym of your choice) during her visit to Don Meuang."

i'll pick the synonym used in this article.... 'jeered'

and if you qualify jeering as that quote that one person said to her and another quote of one man talking to a reporter in the same vein as this article is *clearly* hinting at, then i had a higher opinion of your input than i should have.

i like the way it say's she was cheered and jeered

400 people cheered, one man said there wasn't enough aid.

Edited by nurofiend

At least the 500 people indicated as 'expressing anger' in the original article, stopped short of throwing rocks at her, which I'm sure a few were tempted to do, but Thai manners doesn't allow them to do that does it.

Still, not to worry, when the waters have drained away, there will be plenty of mud to sling around.

Three obscenity filled name calling posts have been deleted. You are more than welcome to disapprove of the Prime Minister's policies but you WILL drop the childish obscenities. If you cannot have a discussion in a civil manner you will find your posting rights removed. I do hope this is perfectly clear, the next person to use these kinds of obscenities when referring to the Prime Minister will be suspended for a minimum of a week.

quote:

unquote.

"Rather than needlessly getting pedantically bogged down on precisely what is said to whom in which thread"

lol, you'll have to excuse me but that's a rich statement from someone who regurgitates quotes and articles sometimes going back years..!

"I think its safe to say the Prime Minister was jeered, chided, or berated (pick a synonym of your choice) during her visit to Don Meuang."

i'll pick the synonym used in this article.... 'jeered'

and if you qualify jeering as that quote that one person said to her and another quote of one man talking to a reporter in the same vein as this article is *clearly* hinting at, then i had a higher opinion of your input than i should have.

i like the way it say's she was cheered and jeered

So needlessly pedantic, coupled with some member-derisive language, it is then. :rolleyes:

Next.

At least the 500 people indicated as 'expressing anger' in the original article, stopped short of throwing rocks at her, which I'm sure a few were tempted to do, but Thai manners doesn't allow them to do that does it.

Still, not to worry, when the waters have drained away, there will be plenty of mud to sling around.

"at the Kosum Ruamjai market, where about 500 people had converged to wait for relief supplies, many who went empty handed expressed anger"

and the worst the predominantly anti-ptp nation could get for this jeering claim was a quote from one man out of the 'many' of the '500' (so you're wrong in saying 500 people for a start, tho i wasn't too clear if that's what you typed) saying "We were told to come out for supplies, but there are not enough for everyone"...that's not what i call jeering the PM, especially in the way the spin of the article and statement intended it to be

"stopped short at throwing rocks at her" haha love it, this is what you deal with on this forum...fantasy and delusions.

Sweet jesus.............

As was stated earlier it was just a photo op for the people to be seen with the PM.

Lets get real here how much supplies for the people could she have in the boat and did she have to pay for the boat ride.

"stopped short at throwing rocks at her" haha love it, this is what you deal with on this forum...fantasy and delusions.

... along with online identities recycled on a quarterly basis.

if you're referring to me, then you're barking (or whatever that blue thing in your av does) up the wrong tree mate...

i'm not a double agent internet poster, sorry.