Evacuation Order For Chatuchak, Lat Yao, Sena Nikom, Chandrakasem

webfact

Four Sub-districts in Jatujak Ordered to Evacuate

An evacuation order has been given to residents in 4 sub-districts of Jatujak District this morning.

Residents in Jatujak, Lad Yao, Sena Nikom and Chantarakasem sub-districts in Jatujak District have been ordered to evacuate to higher ground.

The Jatujak area has seen the level of flood water rises since Thursday, inundating various roads and key routes in the district.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-11-04

footer_n.gif

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jatujak District Chief Declares 5 Sub-districts Disaster Areas

District chief of Jatujak Issaramet Kachanukul revealed 5 sub-districts in Jatujak as emergency disaster areas; these include Lad Yao, Sena, Jatujak and Chan Kasem. Chomphol is the only sub-district that has yet to experience flooding.

Issramet said district officials are on 24 hour watch to monitor the flood water level which may affect different sub-distrcts in different degrees due to their different elevations. He urged the public to be ready for flooding after several key routes have become flooded.

This morning, flood water as entered Ratchadapisek Rd. in front of Chandrakasem Rajabhat University and Department of Export Promotion. Parts of the road is under 5-10cm of flood water.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-11-04

footer_n.gif

RT @Tulip_Oum: 11am BMA has added following subdistrict to evacuation zone; Jatujak, Lad Yao, Senanikom, Jan Kasem.~@Neaw_NBC

BMA announces evacuation of Chatuchak, Lat Yao, Sena Nikom, Chandrakasem; Nong Khaem under close watch for possible evacuation /MCOT

It is a pretty big mess. The Bangkok "only listen to me" governor overruling the Central Government time after time and some other uneducated hotshots show time after time that they are incompetent. THey should have let the river flow anyhow, it is political suicide to protect yellow <snip> areas and flood the poor.

Edited by soundman

Including the weekend market or not?

I am suppose to pick up some items this weekend there.

Weekend Chatuchak Shopping list:

1) Green Mamba Anti-venom

2) Crocodile Net, Heavy Duty

3) Chest-high Wading Boots

4) Portable Toilet

5) Water Purification Equipment

6) 10 Cu Mtr/sec Water Pump (diesel)

7) Flotation Device for Automobile

8) Jet Ski

9) Wind-up Emergency TV

10) Scuba Outfit

11) Boat Big Enough for All of the Above (except the Jet Ski)

Edited by MaxYakov

It is a pretty big mess. The Bangkok "only listen to me" governor overruling the Central Government time after time and some other uneducated hotshots show time after time that they are incompetent. THey should have let the river flow anyhow, it is political suicide to protect yellow <snip> areas and flood the poor.

The BMA is speaking sense and is being mostly logical and doing the best they can; the FROC government run centre is the one giving out totally contradictory advice and failing to manage the locals, with sabotage and negotation about water management now a new thing in Thailand (as opposed to actually running things properly with a clear plan)!

No idea why you think there are some 'yellow shirts' areas being protected; it is quite clear you are trying to make this into some sort of prai vs. amartaya debate...it isn't. Water is coming in, BMA attempts to evacuate and manage, FROC runs around like a headless chicken.

The uneducated simpletons failing to do a decent job...mostly/almost all on the FROC side. Remember 1000 motor boats; Bangkok safe; Bangkok will be flooded for a month; raising the flood gates up to 1.5m at Klong Sam Wa; rebranding donations; turning down donations of clothes; failing to hand out donations; attempted muzzling media control of NGOs; promising then failing to protect estates north of Bangkok; failing to provide basic information to citizens of Thailand? FROC/Government's filthy and mostly dry hands all over that incompetence.

Edited by soundman

It's kind of stupid for the Thai government to keep calling these things "evacuation" orders...

Where exactly are people living in those areas supposed to go? There's no way on earth to "evacuate" Bangkok.

Last I read, there were something like 12,000 people in various government shelters... compared to a massively larger number whose homes have been and are flooded out.

Some people have options, like going to a hotel or to stay with relatives upcountry hopefully in some non-flooded area.. But a lot of ordinary Thais have nowhere to go except to stay in their flooded homes, hopefully with an upstairs level.

It's kind of stupid for the Thai government to keep calling these things "evacuation" orders...

Where exactly are people living in those areas supposed to go? There's no way on earth to "evacuate" Bangkok.

Last I read, there were something like 12,000 people in various government shelters... compared to a massively larger number whose homes have been and are flooded out.

Some people have options, like going to a hotel or to stay with relatives upcountry hopefully in some non-flooded area.. But a lot of ordinary Thais have nowhere to go except to stay in their flooded homes, hopefully with an upstairs level.

Don't forget us 'ordinary' Farangs ...

The BMA is speaking sense and is being mostly logical and doing the best they can; the FROC government run centre is the one giving out totally contradictory advice and failing to manage the locals, with sabotage and negotation about water management now a new thing in Thailand (as opposed to actually running things properly with a clear plan)!

No idea why you think there are some 'yellow shirts' areas being protected; it is quite clear you are trying to make this into some sort of prai vs. amartaya debate...it isn't. Water is coming in, BMA attempts to evacuate and manage, FROC runs around like a headless chicken.

The uneducated simpletons failing to do a decent job...mostly/almost all on the FROC side. Remember 1000 motor boats; Bangkok safe; Bangkok will be flooded for a month; raising the flood gates up to 1.5m at Klong Sam Wa; rebranding donations; turning down donations of clothes; failing to hand out donations; attempted muzzling media control of NGOs; promising then failing to protect estates north of Bangkok; failing to provide basic information to citizens of Thailand? FROC/Government's filthy and mostly dry hands all over that incompetence.

The people in charge don't care. The people in charge make promises they can't keep. The people in charge couldn't control the flow of a bathtub, much less this inundation that was caused by the people in charge after Chang Mai flooded and they did nothing except put their own people in power in one way or another. The people in power have drivers, and the power to keep their hands and homes dry. And if it gets to bad Yingluck will just make another tv appearance and cry. TIT, Amazing the Miracle of Thailalnd

where is this flood heading to ?the problem in this flood thin is that the governments are confused,the flood should be control by expert,everybody is blocking the flood thats why it goes no where,they need to channel the flood to nearby canals,create a solid blockage,not to use the money that people donate to buy just food and block they own property,something is going on here which alot of people dont know,declare state emergency let the army come out with strenght and help the expert,not just asking people to go on hight ground,flood should flow through the canals to another river,alot of canals here in those affected areas are just empty than house and road,

Edited by webfact
font reduced to default /Admin

i am not happy about this flood and how is being handling,what you dont know why not ask people that know it to help you?

i am not happy cause your post above is hard to decipher, why not edit it and put it in readable format!!!!!!

It's really a shame. So many people came back to the lower north east, having nothing. Some of them are trying to escape reality by drinking Lao Khao.....jap.gif

It's really a shame. So many people came back to the lower north east, having nothing. Some of them are trying to escape reality by drinking Lao Khao.....jap.gif

It may be an "evacuation" orders .

But I think deep down, I bet the govt is whispering to themselves "Move up, and don't move out". just imagine the mass exodus.

Almost half of Bangkok is flood already. Most people still stay at home.

4) Portable Toilet

8) Jet Ski

9) Wind-up Emergency TV

10) Scuba Outfit

Funny Max, funny. A little humour is definitely called for.

BTW, are green mambas water snakes? And I think crocodile nets only come in the "heavy duty" variety.

"Chest-High wading boots" reminds me of a bloke whose cellar was flooded and the water was higher than his gum boots. "I had to send the missus down", he said. "Why?". "Well she's shorter than me so the boots come up higher on her".

i am not happy about this flood and how is being handling,what you dont know why not ask people that know it to help you?

She is not happy that the lands are flooded and how the situation is being handled. "Why not ask the experts, they can help!" she exclaims, pacing the floor frantically all while watching the waters rise. ( a cricket chirps in the distance)whistling.gif

I suggest that you read it like: EVACUATE yourself and your belongings to higher grounds (upper floors in your house).

My heart goes out to the pickpockets of Chatuchak, how will they ever survive this crisis?

They will become pirates in the interim.

Shiver me timbers, I saw the PM and she had avast behind.

With the floods, my crew went to Or Tor Gor for some looting and pillaging and met some likely lads. After I saw my flag flying at full mast, I did some boarding from the rear, and I suppose that is why they call it but piracy.

Yes, it seems highly likely.

4) Portable Toilet

8) Jet Ski

9) Wind-up Emergency TV

10) Scuba Outfit

Re item 6). Perhaps you could check whether the pumps thaksin ordered from Korea have arrived, maybe there now on sale at Jatujuk?

4) Portable Toilet

8) Jet Ski

9) Wind-up Emergency TV

10) Scuba Outfit

Re item 6). Perhaps you could check whether the pumps thaksin ordered from Korea have arrived, maybe there now on sale at Jatujuk?

Anyone ever told you that you're a really funny guy? No? I wonder why.

The last paragraph in my opinion totally sums up Thai government officials. Thai politicians are not elected for the people, they are elected for their own benefit. I mean if I spent 300 million baht for a minstry position I would expect some return right? For anyone to think that a government official is there to help is crazy, they love disasters as it is the perfect way to steal money with very little checks or authorisation. They have been given a blank chequebook to spend. How can anyone expect a PM to lead a nation when they have no experience. This is no different actually to what happens in most western countries now days as capitalism and materialism become the sole drivers of economic prosperity.

I would guess so because the market is in a low lying area and as far as I remember there is a klong near the main road that is higher than the market! if that overflows then the market will be submerged