How Much For Taxi From Central Pattaya To Na Jomtien

patongster

Hello,

I will have to take a taxi daily from Central Pattaya (near central festival) to Na Jomtien (near Ambassador city) daily while I am in Pattaya this month. I would like to know how much this should cost each way and how long it would take.

Thanks in advance.

Good luck getting one of the bandit taxis in front of Central or The Avenue, for that matter, to take you there at a reasonable price

Also be aware that with the current traffic conditions in Pattaya, the normal 20- 25 minute ride could take as long 40 -45 minutes. Getting to Sukumvit is brutal and once you get on Sukumvit the traffic is horrendous going both ways

Took the TG to a Wat near Nong Nooch last week and it took almost 45 minutes at 07:30 in the morning, normally a traffic free trip

Your real problem is going to be getting back, since you will have to compete will all the Russians staying at the Ambassador trying to get to Pattaya

Edited by Langsuan Man

You could take a dark blue baht bus up Pattaya Klang to Sukhumvit about 10 - 20 baht, then a white baht bus on Sukhumvit all the way to Ambassador 10 baht, and then the reverse on the way back!:rolleyes:

The baht bus fare on Pattaya Klang is TEN baht. That's all.

You could take a dark blue baht bus up Pattaya Klang to Sukhumvit about 10 - 20 baht, then a white baht bus on Sukhumvit all the way to Ambassador 10 baht, and then the reverse on the way back!:rolleyes:

In that case better give yourself an hour to get there and an hour and a half to get back :whistling:

In that case better give yourself an hour to get there and an hour and a half to get back :whistling:

It's a rough ride for sure. If raining, you'll get wet. If hot, it's pretty miserable.

As mentioned before, they are PACKED on the way back to Pattaya with guests from the Ambassador. Amazing how many they can fit in one of those things! But it is cheap.

My friend has a private driver he uses. Charges something like 200B. Maybe you can check around to find one? If not, PM me and I will try and get the phone number for this guy.

Our friends told us it took them 30 minutes to get from Suk to Thappraya this week on Thepprasit. Unreal.

It's a rough ride for sure. If raining, you'll get wet. If hot, it's pretty miserable.

As mentioned before, they are PACKED on the way back to Pattaya with guests from the Ambassador. Amazing how many they can fit in one of those things! But it is cheap.

My friend has a private driver he uses. Charges something like 200B. Maybe you can check around to find one? If not, PM me and I will try and get the phone number for this guy.

Our friends told us it took them 30 minutes to get from Suk to Thappraya this week on Thepprasit. Unreal.

Yeah the baht bus is not for me in this situation. I will try and find a private driver. Thanks for the advice.

BTW, I'd be surprised if those taxis waiting at Central would do that trip for 300 baht. Seems to me they demand 200 baht just to sneeze.

Certainly, if that is the case, they are violating their agreement with City Hall.

The Taxi Meters, by law, need to use the meters.

If not, write the Mayor at City Hall. I am sure he will get right on it.

BTW, I'd be surprised if those taxis waiting at Central would do that trip for 300 baht. Seems to me they demand 200 baht just to sneeze.

Certainly, if that is the case, they are violating their agreement with City Hall.

Really, do you have a copy of such an agreement? and a copy of the law that states they need to use their meters?

Am using Taxi Meters from time to time, also from Central to Jomtien, specially when it rains. Troughout the last 5 years, I have never ever seen a running taxi meter, they tell you the price and if you don't agree... walk or take the Baht bus... during low seasons, they do the trip for 250, otherwise ask for 400, you offer 300, if they accept ok, otherwise walk away and see whether they come after you to accept 300.

But I heard from friends that with the current traffic with all the BKK people in Pattaya, even taxi meters are not much faster than Baht bus...