Why The Hate

Banzai99

If you confine yourself to only English-speaking Thai women, for example, you're narrowing yourself to a very small subset of Thai women, and usually not the most attractive or trustworthy.

Extraordinary!

Have I got this right .............

1. English-speaking Thai women are "usually" less "attractive" than Thai women who don't speak English.

2. English-speaking Thai women are "usually" less "trustworthy" than Thai women who don't speak English.

I think he was suggesting hookers, serial farang hunters and scam artists, tend to speak English better that the average Thai girl.

I have noticed this tendency myself.

Of course the hi-so chinese university graduates popular among TV posters also speak good English, but they are a bit harder to find although some people are lucky.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course the hi-so chinese university graduates popular among TV posters also speak good English, but they are a bit harder to find although some people are lucky.

Actually they dont speak good English . University english is taught text book and this form of English is very , whats the word...rigid? Uni girls are quite shy to use it due to fear of mispronunciation. On the other hand some bar girls can be very fluent in "social english"

If you confine yourself to only English-speaking Thai women, for example, you're narrowing yourself to a very small subset of Thai women, and usually not the most attractive or trustworthy.

Extraordinary!

1. English-speaking Thai women are "usually" less "attractive" than Thai women who don't speak English.

2. English-speaking Thai women are "usually" less "trustworthy" than Thai women who don't speak English.

I think he was suggesting hookers, serial farang hunters and scam artists, tend to speak English better that the average Thai girl.

OK, but English-speaking hookers and/or scam artists represent only a small fraction of Thai women who speak English. And it's just as absurd to suggest that a hooker who speaks English will "usually" be less "attractive" than one who doesn't.

What's the deal on this forum regarding hi-so Thai-Chinese women? I've seen a few references to this subject. Was there some kind of poll that showed most TV posters marry Thai-Chinese girls?

In my experience, most foreign men marry Isaan girls.

Edited by PattaniMan

What's the deal on this forum regarding hi-so Thai-Chinese women? I've seen a few references to this subject. Was there some kind of poll that showed most TV posters marry Thai-Chinese girls?

In my experience, most foreign men marry Isaan girls.

Isaan or Thai-Chinese, they mostly marry cashiers.

:)

Most Ferangs Marry Bar Girls, then regret it.... then slag off the Chinese cause their tarts do.... As for Hate,its just that most folks get pissed off by P.C. Cowards. and Lefties telling them what to think.. They wouldn't take a Prostitute back to see Mom, or blow their life savings on one. coffee1.gif Make yer Bed , lie on it.

I wouldn't call it hate in most cases. Thaivisa is for many, a place to vent off frustrations with adopting to an alien environment. For that reason the impression of dissatisfaction can seem somewhat skewed.

Too many people are seeing realistic assessment as hatred.

Not relly hate, it´s more like you guys really look down on thai society and thai people, and the reason for that, is very often, a bitterness.

There are a lot of bitter farangs on this forum board, it is a fact.

I wouldn't call it hate in most cases. Thaivisa is for many, a place to vent off frustrations with adopting to an alien environment. For that reason the impression of dissatisfaction can seem somewhat skewed.

Yes, some people are more adaptable/flexible/smooth/intelligent than others. The first thing I promised myself when coming to Thailand was to make sure, to try to avoid as many of the bitter farangs as possible, and instead focus on the positive things of thai culture. It will be easier for one self.

I notice a lot of these bitter farangs tends to have that in common with each other, the inability to adapt, and as a result, all they do is talk about how bad thai people and thai culture is.

One might also ask, Why the rose colored glasses? As there is a percentage of posters here that defend all things Thai and appear to despise any comment that is contrary to their pipe dream. And quite a few of them seem to hate all things western as well.

I don't know one poster, NOT ONE, who sees no fault in Thailand. I certainly know that Thailand is not perfect, nor are the Thais. But if defending the Thais against vile racist drivel is considered wearing rose colored glasses, then consider me guilty. You sound like the typical Thai-hater who would love nothing more than to bash the Thais with impunity, regardless of how absurd your claims may be. And if anyone decides not to gleefully jump on your racist bandwagon, you consider them Thai-apologists. Perhaps that's the way you will always see things, so we can agree to disagree.

I agree with this.

Shouldn't you really be asking "why do the Thai's dislike farangs" so much, farang pricing, farang are second class people, etc. etc. etc.?

I myself find this in about 20 -25% of Thais

Couldn't be said better ! The Thai's have changed into a different race, especially in the cities over the past 25 years. They no longer look at Westerners with respect, however, are indignant and outraged when they do not get respect from the very people they look down on and take advantage of. Live outside the major Tourist cities and it is like living in a different country. These people are treated as equals in my country and most other 1st world countries when they visit or move there, not like here where every Westerner is a "mark".

Probably most of these posters with the Thai Bashing were haters back in there country of origin. Take pig out of the shit and what you have is a pig out of the shit... Not hard to understand.

Brilliant ... ?^%$%

Depression.

Take somebody from London for example. They meet a wonderful girl in an amazing country where everybody smiles non stop. Now he is stuck without the network of mates and family. People stop using his name and refer to him as 'farang". His young wife wont work and is glued to the Thai television, so he takes refuge in the top floor of the house on the interenet were he looks to connect with other farang on Thai Visa and realizes he is not alone :D

end of story

so what would life in thailand be like , for a foreigner/farang,

without his internet life line ??.

many would jump off the top floor.

RIP :jap:

Not relly hate, it´s more like you guys really look down on thai society and thai people, and the reason for that, is very often, a bitterness.

Phew! That obviously doesn't apply to me as I don't internalize the concept that we are supposed to consider ourselves as f-rang just because we are externally labeled that way in Thailand. I've got a lot more in common with a mulatto Brazilian than a snow white Finn, yet in Thailand magically we're all f-rang. So I can't be a bitter f-rang if I ain't a f-rang. Yes, accept most Thai people categorize in that way, but you aren't required to think like they do!

Yes, I do think it's an idiotic aspect of Thai culture to call all white people f-rang. I accept it but I will never think it's an admirable part of Thai culture. If that makes me a bitter whatever, I can deal with that. Anyway, too much sugar isn't good for you anyway.

Edited by Jingthing

Phew! That obviously doesn't apply to me as I don't internalize the concept that we are supposed to consider ourselves as f-rang just because we are externally labeled that way in Thailand. I've got a lot more in common with a mulatto Brazilian than a snow white Finn, yet in Thailand magically we're all f-rang. So I can't be a bitter f-rang if I ain't a f-rang. Yes, accept most Thai people categorize in that way, but you aren't required to think like they do!

Yes, I do think it's an idiotic aspect of Thai culture to call all white people f-rang. I accept it but I will never think it's an admirable part of Thai culture. If that makes me a bitter whatever, I can deal with that. Anyway, too much sugar isn't good for you anyway.

This agree with wholeheartedly though, the fact that thais still can not tell the difference between a white person from Hollywood/USA and a white person from Bratislava/Ukraine is kinda bad.

The word farang is not beneficial for either of us.

Shouldn't you really be asking "why do the Thai's dislike farangs" so much, farang pricing, farang are second class people, etc. etc. etc.?

I myself find this in about 20 -25% of Thais

Couldn't be said better ! The Thai's have changed into a different race, especially in the cities over the past 25 years. They no longer look at Westerners with respect, however, are indignant and outraged when they do not get respect from the very people they look down on and take advantage of. Live outside the major Tourist cities and it is like living in a different country. These people are treated as equals in my country and most other 1st world countries when they visit or move there, not like here where every Westerner is a "mark".

+1 for both posts

It's strange, how some Posters on here, don't see any anomaly between elevating Thailand to a status that can't possibly be sustained, (if it was ever there in the first place) every Country has its faults, and good points.

But these same people will not hear a single word of criticism, concerning Thailands faults, but couldn't care less of often falsely denigrating and verbally abusing their own Country, with an endless string of complaints, and reasons for not going back.

Have they never heard of loyalty and Pride in one's own Country? Or have they got grievances with their own Country?

My own feelings are they were misfits back home, and came to Thailand to avoid legal issues, Maintenance for their wife and Children, the Sentence was about to be handed down, many worked their Banks over, with loans never intended to be paid back, and the easy Credit Card Fraud. and fled to Thailand with the ill gotten gains, cheated business partners, thieved for a living etc………..I could go on, I'm sure some others have met them, over that one Beer too many,which is usually when the truth comes out.

The plain facts are they will never be Thai, only a Farang that pays for everything, and will never get one Baht from Thailand, a false sense of having found Paradise, and belonging, to an illusion.

But these same people, were quite happy to take the money and Social Benefits etc, from their own Country, and no doubt if a serious illness was to befall them, would go running back home to get treated, by the same system that they haven't got a good word to say about, their Country, or indeed their fellow Countrymen.

Supporting your adopted Country is admirable, adding Blinkers to accompany the Rose Tinted spectacles, is foolish in the extreme!

Edited by metisdead
Font reset, use default forum font when posting.

It's strange, how some Posters on here, don't see any anomaly between elevating Thailand to a status that can't possibly be sustained, (it was never there in the first place) every Country has its faults, and good points.

But these same people will not hear a single word of criticism, concerning Thailands faults, but couldn't care less of often falsely denigrating and verbally abusing their own Country, with an endless string of complaints, and reasons for not going back.

Have they never heard of loyalty and Pride in one's own Country? Or have they got grievances with their own Country?

My own feelings are they were misfits back home, and came to Thailand to avoid legal issues, Maintenance for their wife and Children, the Sentence was about to be handed down, many worked their Banks over, with loans never intended to be paid back, and the easy Credit Card Fraud. and fled to Thailand with the ill gotten gains, cheated business partners, thieved for a living etc………..I could go on, I'm sure some others have met them, over that one Beer too many,which is usually when the truth comes out.

The plain facts are they will never be Thai, only a Farang that pays for everything, and will never get one Baht from Thailand, a false sense of having found Paradise, and belonging, to an illusion.

But these same people, were quite happy to take the money and Social Benefits etc, from their own Country, and no doubt if a serious illness was to befall them, would go running back home to get treated, by the same system that they haven't got a good word to say about, their Country, or indeed their fellow Countrymen.

Supporting your adopted Country is admirable, adding Blinkers to accompany the Rose Tinted spectacles, is foolish in the extreme!

A totally perverse and twisted viewpoint.

And I suspect there are many people back in their own Country who are glad to see the back of them too. So maybe for some, it's a case of "If you don't like Thailand, don't come back! (home)And not forgetting ,whether we agree with the opinion of others or not, for Thailand to be come a Democracy, freedom of speech, must be first and foremost, but unlikely that Farangs voices will ever be taken into account.

I've no doubt there are many people that fall into the categories you describe however there many more that are honest, hard working people who have done their shift and retired.

It's too easy to judge others on appearances, but as you say after a few beers the truth comes out.

Most Ferangs Marry Bar Girls, then regret it.... then slag off the Chinese cause their tarts do....

As for Hate,its just that most folks get pissed off by P.C. Cowards. and Lefties telling them what to think.. They wouldn't take a Prostitute back to see Mom, or blow their life savings on one. coffee1.gif Make yer Bed , lie on it.

also slagging off all thai men...'cause their tarts do

The other thing that most "Farangs" hate is the word "Farang" it is not very polite, In Germany they use the word "Auslaender" for someone who does not come from that country, again it is racist, but people will never change unless you educate them, and we all know how good the education system in Thailand is!

I can't compare "farang" to "auslander" - there are different connotations to these words. "farang" is so ubiquitously used, I just see it as "westerner". It's about intent isn't it? I think if there's evil intent when someone uses the word "farang", then fair enough - that's not good. But if they're just describing a bunch of people walking down Khao San Road, it's just a neutral description.

Agreed. When in the US, when I see a group of Thais in the Asian area of town I often use the term "slant eyed orientals" to describe them. Its just neutral though, and my intent is innocent. B)

In some corners the word Jew is expressed as an insult, and in others it is said with pride. The same can be said with many terms. The word farang in itself is not the equivalent of term slant eyed orientals, it is the equivelant of the term orientals. But I am sure the word oriental can be used in a racist context as easily as it can be neutral.

<deleted> to all this namby-pamby political (so-called)correctness!

i live here and i have done for many, many years and i will continue to do so, but let's get real - as well as it's charms, and the charms of it's people(particularly on an individual basis), i think there is a lot to dislike about thailand and the thais(particularly en masse - as a herd).

there, i've said it.

so, apologists, counter-haters, starry-eyed newbies, rose-tinted anti-cynics, and all the other fantasy merchants out there - go ahead, rip me a a new one! do your worst!

Well now, let's be real! I like. So in the spirit of political incorrectness, I think it's only fair to give you a counter-point. I think whiney dipsh*ts such as yourself really give farangs a bad name. I mean, who the <deleted> invited you anyways? You barge in here like you own the place, treat the locals with nothing but contempt, expect them to kowtow to every one of your sick whims, and when your ass is not being kissed to the proper specifications, you whine like a spoiled little girl. Well boo f*ckin hoo! If you don't like it here, take yourself and the little peasant winch back to where you slithered from. We don't want your kind!

There, I've said it.

So, whiners, miserable derelicts, the disenfranchised, cynical old-timers, die-hard racist, and all the other Thai-hating whackjobs out there - go ahead, rip me a new one! do your worst!

Disclaimer: Just being satirical and avoiding the dreaded PC language, at the suggestion of one GooEng

Well Said!! Spot On!! I could not agree with your comment more!! Its Thailand, Its their Country, Its their Culture and their way of life, So stop bitching, accept their way of life, try and enjoy yourself and GET ON WITH IT, ................Or buy a one way air ticket and GO Home!

In some corners the word Jew is expressed as an insult, and in others it is said with pride. The same can be said with many terms. The word farang in itself is not the equivalent of term slant eyed orientals, it is the equivelant of the term orientals. But I am sure the word oriental can be used in a racist context as easily as it can be neutral.

Point taken, the "slant eyed" can be taken as when the Thais say "kee nok" or "tuwa yai" along with "falang."

I have never heard a 7-11 employee say to another in the west, can you take care of the jew, can you help the black over here, yet I hear all the time at the 7, one Thai saying to another when a white person walks in, you help the "falang", I don't speak falang etc. Also hear this kind of thing almost everywhere I go.

Not saying the Thais are doing it to insult, but there seems to be an active effort to NOT think about how the person being talked about it takes it or feels, however when the shoe is on the other foot, Thais are very, very sensitive in this matter.

Very hypocritical in my opinion.

<deleted> to all this namby-pamby political (so-called)correctness!

i live here and i have done for many, many years and i will continue to do so, but let's get real - as well as it's charms, and the charms of it's people(particularly on an individual basis), i think there is a lot to dislike about thailand and the thais(particularly en masse - as a herd).

there, i've said it.

so, apologists, counter-haters, starry-eyed newbies, rose-tinted anti-cynics, and all the other fantasy merchants out there - go ahead, rip me a a new one! do your worst!

Well now, let's be real! I like. So in the spirit of political incorrectness, I think it's only fair to give you a counter-point. I think whiney dipsh*ts such as yourself really give farangs a bad name. I mean, who the <deleted> invited you anyways? You barge in here like you own the place, treat the locals with nothing but contempt, expect them to kowtow to every one of your sick whims, and when your ass is not being kissed to the proper specifications, you whine like a spoiled little girl. Well boo f*ckin hoo! If you don't like it here, take yourself and the little peasant winch back to where you slithered from. We don't want your kind!

There, I've said it.

So, whiners, miserable derelicts, the disenfranchised, cynical old-timers, die-hard racist, and all the other Thai-hating whackjobs out there - go ahead, rip me a new one! do your worst!

Disclaimer: Just being satirical and avoiding the dreaded PC language, at the suggestion of one GooEng

Well Said!! Spot On!! I could not agree with your comment more!! Its Thailand, Its their Country, Its their Culture and their way of life, So stop bitching, accept their way of life, try and enjoy yourself and GET ON WITH IT, ................Or buy a one way air ticket and GO Home!

Do the words "disclaimer" and "satirical" mean anything to you?

It's evident to me that they don't.

Extraordinary!

You are correct, ludditeman. There are exceptions, of course, and some folks love to point this out. But as a rule, you'd have a much, MUCH better chance of finding the so-called "good" Thai girl amongst the non-English speaking Thais than you would English speaking. It's all about sheer numbers.

To the PattaniMan, you can believe what you will and it really, really doesn't bother me even a little bit--I'm just telling you how it is. I'd always advise friends who are serious about finding a long-term Thai mate that it would be of immense benefit to learn Thai. In that small subset of Thai girls who do speak English, it's shark infested waters. The ones that are really educated (and I mean earn their post-grads abroad) mostly aren't interested in farangs. Those that are left (and there aren't that many English-speaking Thai girls out there to begin with) know that they're a prized commodity. The smart ones know that if they play their cards right, they can have about a half-dozen farangs on a string. Why would they settle for one? The word is out and has been for a long time.

There is no doubt that Thailand has many faults. I can't see that anyone is denying that. When it comes to the point that the faults outweigh the good, it is definitely time to leave. That brings up the important question. Why are some of you still here? As for myself, I am content for the first time in my life and have no intention of leaving.

Thailand is a great place to live provided that you have money. If you can't afford to live here, you should have worked longer in your home country and not decided to try to live on a pittance. Only you can provide for your future. No one else cares and there is no good fairy here to pull you out of a situation that you created. Reasonably intelligent people should refuse to allow themselves to be ripped off.

Point taken, the "slant eyed" can be taken as when the Thais say "kee nok" or "tuwa yai" along with "falang."

I have never heard a 7-11 employee say to another in the west, can you take care of the jew, can you help the black over here, yet I hear all the time at the 7, one Thai saying to another when a white person walks in, you help the "falang", I don't speak falang etc. Also hear this kind of thing almost everywhere I go.

Not saying the Thais are doing it to insult, but there seems to be an active effort to NOT think about how the person being talked about it takes it or feels, however when the shoe is on the other foot, Thais are very, very sensitive in this matter.

It seem hypocritical, but it is a normal event here. They also might say you are really fat and not expect you to be offended in any way. It works in their culture, but not a popular move in western culture. I blame it on a lack of awareness.

Edited by canuckamuck

Canuck is correct in saying that the term farang is not derogatory, but it's more like "Asian" (not oriental) and is certainly not in the same category as "slant eye" or the "N" word. And yes, I have absolutely heard the 7-11 employee (or equivalent) in the west saying that "Asian" guy, or that "black guy," or even that "white" guy, if the guy was amongst other races. It's just a way of identifying, no worse than saying "the guy in the beige slacks." Nothing hypocritical, or insensitive, or anything else about it.