I Am Looking For Cheap Flight To America

JohnDenver

What city in the US?

In my limited experience, you can get Thailand to USA fares cheaper from travel agents than online directly from the airline.

Another tip although this is dated info. When I was shopping for a one way fare, USA to Thailand, the only airline I found that would price it fairly (as in one half) was Korean Airlines. The other airlines charged the same or more for a OW leg. Of course, from the US you can use consolidators to get a good one way fare.

Edited by Jingthing

I have some friends who used an agency in Pattaya for their one way flight back home a few months ago. They got a great price.

As always, it's best to shop around. Check the big "consolidator" sites as well as each individual airlines site. Then you have something to compare to your local agency's price.

There are consolidator sites that sell flights which START in Thailand? That's news to me. Can someone name them. In my experience the ones I used in the US simply won't sell such trips. I have also found a few Pattaya travel agents that I sincerely feel did their best to get me the best possible price they could get for me. It's kind of weird because before living in Thailand, I found online games worked better.

Edited by Jingthing

From Bangkok to Atlanta International Airport. It doesn't matter when I leave; it can be from next week until sometime in January at the latest, but preferably in the next month.

Then definitely check Korean Air. Only one stop in Korea, then direct to Atlanta. But like I said, I think a travel agent will be able to beat the airline website price and if not, I would try multiple travel agents.

The main reason that I ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO LEAVE is because I am battling a severe on-set of mitochondrial disease, and with the poisonous atmosphere that will be created from the highly-toxic water leaving its residue everywhere it has touched after the floods pass, I am seriously worried that my body will not be able to cope with this. I really don't think that most people are realizing that the most dangerous point will be AFTER the floods pass and all of that poison will be left everywhere and will inevitably go into the air to be BREATHED-IN.

I simply can not stay here.

I sincerely would appreciate ANY HELP because I don't have a lot of money and want the lowest fare possible, so anyone who knows anyone who can help me with this, PLEASE DO SO.

I respect your problem, but don't know what you consider cheap enough for you to afford. I have a feeling you won't be able to find a fare cheap enough, so if this is an emergency for you, I would suggest asking a friend or relative in the US to wire sufficient money for you to escape.

Personally, I have never seen a Thailand to US fare that I would call cheap and of course fares have gone up a lot in recent years.

In a worse case scenario, I wonder if the embassy would make a loan for a ticket, which if so, would have to be paid be and I think result in loss of international travel options paid.

Edited by Jingthing

Wow...just tried kayak.com and got $1077 BKK to LAS. I fly this often and this is a great price. Travelocity and a few others don't do the origination in BKK, as you said. But plenty others do. Check multiple sites, multiple agents and for sure check the airlines website. I find the deals on these "consolidator" websites, but I pretty much only book with the airlines direct. Helps reduce any problems that may arise during your trip!

This site is great:

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/

These articles are good reading:

http://www.upgradetravelbetter.com/2009/04/07/disaggregating-fare-aggregators-2009-which-airfare-comparison-sites-are-the-best/

http://frugaltraveler.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/02/16/click-it-and-ticket-booking-a-flight-the-frugal-way/?em

And here are some good sites to search:

http://www.mobissimo.com/search_airfare.php

www.bookingbuddy.com

www.thaifly.com

www.bing.com

www.farecompare.com

www.igougo.com

www.airfare.com

Sorry for listing so many, but you really will find vastly different prices from one site to the next. Also, some airlines are not part of these sites. Like the Chinese airlines and even at times TG.

Best of luck!!!

The main reason that I ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO LEAVE is because I am battling a severe on-set of mitochondrial disease, and with the poisonous atmosphere that will be created from the highly-toxic water leaving its residue everywhere it has touched after the floods pass, I am seriously worried that my body will not be able to cope with this. I really don't think that most people are realizing that the most dangerous point will be AFTER the floods pass and all of that poison will be left everywhere and will inevitably go into the air to be BREATHED-IN.

I simply can not stay here.

I sincerely would appreciate ANY HELP because I don't have a lot of money and want the lowest fare possible, so anyone who knows anyone who can help me with this, PLEASE DO SO.

If the problem is breathing toxic air in BKK - you do not have to go to the USA to avoid this.

If budget and fresh air are the issues, why not go somewhere else in Thailand?

Looked it up and can understand your concerns.

as mentioned already and its just an idea but you could go to one of the many islands around thailand , unaffected.

If you have to leave right now then see 2 or 3 travel agents, they wont be far off the money, good luck :)

I am also going to Atlanta, my flight is on the 15th, You might want to check American Airlines .com and Delta.com

I am on a American flight, cost is 1,087.00 Dollars and Delta has a flight that cost 1,174.00 is a nice flight because it only has one stop. DL284 to Narita and then DL280 non stop to Atlanta.

Hope that helps.

Good luck and pray that the Airport does not flood before then.

Does anyone have any recommendations for travel agents?

I genuinely appreciate everyone's help thus-far.

It means a lot to me.

Here's a few I've bookmarked and have gotten quotes from before. Don't forget to check with the airlines website directly after you've gotten a quote. Many times, I get a better price by going direct. But not always.

www.saveflights.com

www.thaifly.com

http://www.travexnet.com/airlines/thailand_flights.html

www.asiatravel.com

http://www.atninter.com/promotion/

http://www.chawlatravel.com/

www.moxtravel.com (recommended by many people)

http://www.travelconnecxion.com/

www.angeltravel.com

Best of luck!!!!!

Craig

From Bangkok to Atlanta International Airport. It doesn't matter when I leave; it can be from next week until sometime in January at the latest, but preferably in the next month.

Then definitely check Korean Air. Only one stop in Korea, then direct to Atlanta. But like I said, I think a travel agent will be able to beat the airline website price and if not, I would try multiple travel agents.

I got a ticket from SFO to BKK for $604, one way, on Korean Airlines. I was extremely pleased with Korean Air. Good price, good service, and decent food.

I got a ticket from SFO to BKK for $604, one way, on Korean Airlines. I was extremely pleased with Korean Air. Good price, good service, and decent food.

I use to fly KAL quite often, but the layover in Seoul can be long, depending on the schedule.

Vayama is an online consolidator and they have rates ex BKK, it is peak season and even Korean comes in at 1161 USD.

The only other option is to break your trip BKK-HKG and then ATL, but the hassle of collecting luggage and checking in again may not be worth the $100 savings.

I would think better fly to LAX,SFO etc. Then get low cost to Atlanta would be cheaper. Just a thought.

dohop

Eva Air BKK-TPE-LAX 5Dec 19825THB

The EVA is a good fare, however, the OP said he wants to go to Atlanta. If you get the great deal to go to LAX and then have to pay 400 to 500 to fly to Atlanta You would be better to take the One Stop Delta flight for $1100 including TAX, BKK-Narita-ATL. My thinking?

I would think better fly to LAX,SFO etc. Then get low cost to Atlanta would be cheaper. Just a thought.

dohop

The EVA is a good fare, however, the OP said he wants to go to Atlanta. If you get the great deal to go to LAX and then have to pay 400 to 500 to fly to Atlanta You would be better to take the One Stop Delta flight for $1100 including TAX, BKK-Narita-ATL. My thinking?

I assumed the OP was on a budget. Y'r close enough.

BKK-TPE-LAX 19825 THB = 646.19 USD

where is the 400-500?

Air Tran LAX-ATL 5181 THB = 168.87 USD Total = approx. 815.06 USD

Edited by LindsayBKK

dohop

I assumed the OP was on a budget. Y'r close enough.

BKK-TPE-LAX 19825 THB = 646.19 USD

where is the 400-500?

Air Tran LAX-ATL 5181 THB = 168.87 USD Total = approx. 815.06 USD

Not to get into a pissing match, I was just trying to suggest the easiest Quickest route. No reason to shout. By the way, I did look at Air Tran flights, and did not fine your 168.00 price. There was $202- $212 with tax and another stop. The non-stop from LAX to ATL is listed as $384.00 including tax. (VERY CLOSE to my ESTIMATE of $400.00)