Daily Flood Locations Nov. 11Th

cdnvic

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was disappointed with Dr. Seree's Thai PBS, very abridged, English-language presentation last night (Nov 10 2011). During the Thai-language presentation that preceded it, he covered the situation in the East, North Central Bangkok (including the latest events with the Big Bag Barrier - BBB) and the Bang Chan Industrial Estates. Only the Bang Chan IE situation was presented in the English-language version, and it was shortened, at that.

From last night's Thai-language presentation (which I was half-consciously following, expecting the later, English-language version), there are about 6 billion CM above Bangkok, distributed roughly half/half, east/west. These were both flowing in 40% / 30% / 30% ratios to the southeast, south and southwest, respectively. I didn't see the flow rate on last night's map, but it had been shown previously as 15 million CM/Day if memory serves me.

The BBB has been purposely breached by the government at the south end to allow southward flow. From a previous presentation, he said that the BBB had caused a north/south 30cm height differential across the BBB at the south end. My guess is the breach was to lower this differential, as a 5 cm differential was indicated on his map last night. My resident translator indicated that the government was hesitant to allow a larger flow through the breach.

The Thai PBS - Thailand's Worst Flood English-language segments archived back to 24 October. I have not been able to locate the Thai-language videos on the Thai PBS website, but believe they would be worth watching even if one does not know Thai.

Edited by MaxYakov

hello campers , morning all,

north east.

this was the water line on the 5/11/11

post-37066-0-75808100-1320976839_thumb.j

this is the water level today 11/11/11

post-37066-0-57705800-1320976991_thumb.j

in short

good news lam luk ka khlong 4 down 2 cm , down for 9 days , 2 cm a day = 18cm

good news fashion island area , khlong sam wa down 2 cm , for the first time , looks like its peaked, and on the way down,

lets be careful out there ,

good luck

Edited by scott1999

north east.

in short

good news fashion island area , khlong sam wa down 2 cm , for the first time , looks like its peaked, and on the way down,

good luck

GM Link ? Adjust as necessary. I find Lat/Lon easier to read than Thai and MUCH more deterministic.

An employee told me that there is now a small amount of water (maybe 5cm) on Rama 2 Road around Sois 5 to 11.

This location is coming from Suk Sawat before reaching the Expressway.

Water had started coming up from the drains at the market there a couple of days ago.

Edited by erobando

I was disappointed with Dr. Seree's Thai PBS, very abridged, English-language presentation last night (Nov 10 2011). During the Thai-language presentation that preceded it, he covered the situation in the East, North Central Bangkok (including the latest events with the Big Bag Barrier - BBB) and the Bang Chan Industrial Estates. Only the Bang Chan IE situation was presented in the English-language version, and it was shortened, at that.

From last night's Thai-language presentation (which I was half-consciously following, expecting the later, English-language version), there are about 6 billion CM above Bangkok, distributed roughly half/half, east/west. These were both flowing in 40% / 30% / 30% ratios to the southeast, south and southwest, respectively. I didn't see the flow rate on last night's map, but it had been shown previously as 15 million CM/Day if memory serves me.

The BBB has been purposely breached by the government at the south end to allow southward flow. From a previous presentation, he said that the BBB had caused a north/south 30cm height differential across the BBB at the south end. My guess is the breach was to lower this differential, as a 5 cm differential was indicated on his map last night. My resident translator indicated that the government was hesitant to allow a larger flow through the breach.

The Thai PBS - Thailand's Worst Flood English-language segments archived back to 24 October. I have not been able to locate the Thai-language videos on the Thai PBS website, but believe they would be worth watching even if one does not know Thai.

I had an email exchange with THai PBS about this yesterday. Dr. Seri is uncomfortable doing this report in English, so only an abbreviated report is done. I can totally understand this. Imagine yourself doing a technical presentation on live TV in a foreign language. I also watch the Thai version as well.

north east.

in short

good luck

Thanks again, Scott. You've been a tremendous help for those of us in and around this area.

I received an SMS from a colleague who lives not far from me on Klong 2, Rangsit N. Nayok across from Montana Village. She wrote that N. Nayok can be traveled through by buses and large trucks. The depth of the water varies as some places are dry, and some areas are still deep in water. It is still necessary to catch a boat to enter her village with the water levels still over knee deep. She did manage to look at my soi (Klong 2, near Klong 3) and the water has dropped a bit. When I left the water was about 90cm and it's now about 50cm. It has dropped about 40cm in 3 weeks. She did caution about returning home. One of her neighbors who stayed behind found a cobra upstairs. They are seeking dry areas so be very careful when moving things around.

north east.

in short

good luck

Thanks again, Scott. You've been a tremendous help for those of us in and around this area.

I received an SMS from a colleague who lives not far from me on Klong 2, Rangsit N. Nayok across from Montana Village. She wrote that N. Nayok can be traveled through by buses and large trucks. The depth of the water varies as some places are dry, and some areas are still deep in water. It is still necessary to catch a boat to enter her village with the water levels still over knee deep. She did manage to look at my soi (Klong 2, near Klong 3) and the water has dropped a bit. When I left the water was about 90cm and it's now about 50cm. It has dropped about 40cm in 3 weeks. She did caution about returning home. One of her neighbors who stayed behind found a cobra upstairs. They are seeking dry areas so be very careful when moving things around.

hi froda

thank you for the info on rangsit , it all helps ,

Doc1.docx

Thanks for update scott. That is at LamLukka, yes?

Any update on Khu Bon 20 or 27?

hi evildrsomkid

yes down 18cm lam luk ka

and good news for you and me , canal is stable and my school down 2cm today, lets hope things are on the way down for khu bon, i will check tonight for us,

north east.

in short

good luck

GM Link ? Adjust as necessary. I find Lat/Lon easier to read than Thai and MUCH more deterministic.

Thanks for the GM, does anyone know the condition of the Eastern Ring Road (Kanchanapisek) from Rangsit-Nakhon Nayok entrance to Chalongrat exit?

I want to get to Satthu Pradit and can do so on the elevated section. Is any section flooded with deep water?

Thanks

north east.

in short

good luck

hi froda

thank you for the info on rangsit , it all helps ,

Current levels at Klong 1 Rangsit-Chulalongkorn Gate have been making a slow, but steady decline.

http://www.rangsit.org/flood_report_day/allshow_report.php

I had an email exchange with THai PBS about this yesterday. Dr. Seri is uncomfortable doing this report in English, so only an abbreviated report is done. I can totally understand this. Imagine yourself doing a technical presentation on live TV in a foreign language. I also watch the Thai version as well.

In normal situation, he would not dare to do live on TV in English. He has tried his best already. Big thank you Dr. Seri.

It is too late for Dr. Seri to improve his English. However I hope young Thai acadamics learn from this, and try to improve their English abilities to a more acceptable level, WHILE YOU STILL CAN.

Thanks for update scott. That is at LamLukka, yes?

Any update on Khu Bon 20 or 27?

hi evildrsomkid

yes down 18cm lam luk ka

and good news for you and me , canal is stable and my school down 2cm today, lets hope things are on the way down for khu bon, i will check tonight for us,

Thank you. Appreciate it.

Wife and I are anxious to return to asses the damage.

Last news I heard from today, from TPBS fb page, was that Khu Bon Rd. is between 40 to 60cm deep.

Edited by EvilDrSomkid

Although not exactly a flood. There is certainly more water everyday on Srinakorin (from On Nut towards Rama 9/MaxValu). The pool of water at the On Nut/Srinakorin junction is bigger than yesterday, and, when taking the kids to school this morning, there was a new big puddle (about 10 meters long) around On Nut 59 that wasn't there yesterday.

Edited by bkkmick

Water here in Bang Bua Thong, 20km north west of BKK in Nonthaburi, its still dropping but now less then 2 cm a day. It might have something to do with the high tide.

But just imagine guys if it only drops 2 cm a day (and it has so in the past week) how long it will take to drain BKK and the other parts of it.

The figures put out by the government are false, or at best only represent parts of BKK that have minimal water troubles.

Ramkhangheng's Main Road remains dry but Soi's 160 - 180 are getting a lot of water since Tuesday, 08 NOV 2011, night. Soi 164 is a lake now

post-51741-0-62580800-1320989058_thumb.j

and it is just a matter of time until it goes in to Perfect Place. Inside the Moo Ban there are now a few areas which began to flood earlier yesterday. The Backside, leading to Rat Patthana, is now flooded as well. ( see Pic 6517).

post-51741-0-84917900-1320989749_thumb.j

There is a report that Saen Saeb canal is overflowing in Bang Kapi. Any confirmation from that area?

I just came back form Ramkamphaeng. The main road is dry around Soi 108-120, but many of the Soi's are flooded. That are is; however, in Spahan Soong, but fairly close to Bang Kapi, and only around 100 meters from Saen Saeb. As Saen Saeb goes through Saphan Sonong before it reaches Bang Kapi, I would assume that it would flood there first, as so far the main roads are dry, but inside the Soi's it's wet and rising.

Krungthep Kreetha is still impassable around the golf course, and outside my Moo Baan at Soi 32, the water has risen slightly compared to last night, but is still very passable.

and it is just a matter of time until it goes in to Perfect Place. Inside the Moo Ban there are now a few areas which began to flood earlier yesterday. The Backside, leading to Rat Patthana, is now flooded as well. ( see Pic 6517).

My buddy is in there.. Please keep updates coming.

Although not exactly a flood. There is certainly more water everyday on Srinakorin (from On Nut towards Rama 9/MaxValu). The pool of water at the On Nut/Srinakorin junction is bigger than yesterday, and, when taking the kids to school this morning, there was a new big puddle (about 10 meters long) around On Nut 59 that wasn't there yesterday.

GM Link On Nut Soi 59. Nav by 'new big puddle' and MaxValu. Didn't locate Srinakorin/On Nut junction, but there's a MaxValu @ Srinagarindra Rd. Suan Luang, Bangkok. Maybe they're having a Flood Sale.

post-120659-0-00388000-1320990657_thumb.

<br>hello campers , morning all,<br><b>north east.</b><br>this was the water line on the 5/11/11<br>post-37066-0-75808100-1320976839_thumb.j<br><br>this is the water level today 11/11/11<br>post-37066-0-57705800-1320976991_thumb.j<br><br><b>in short </b><br><b>good news</b> lam luk ka khlong 4 down 2 cm ,    down for 9 days , 2 cm a day = 18cm<br><br><b>good news</b>  fashion island area , khlong sam wa down 2 cm , for the first time , looks like its peaked, and on the way down, <br><br>lets be careful out there , <br>good luck<br>
<br><br>I live in Bangkraui Nonthaburi and have been watching the water flow for the last 2 weeks since we were flooded.<br>It went down by 12 inches during the week until 2 days ago when it stopped and has stayed at the same hight ebbing and flowing a little with the tidal movements. But today when I got up I noticed it had risen by about 5 inches which was a surprise so I went back to the high tide charts to see the the high tide levels are higher now than they were when the crisis was at its so called peak around the the 26th of October. Is it going to go up more. My guess yes as the high tide is higher again tomorrow.<br>http://www.myforecast.com/bin/tide.m?city=W48455&metric=true&tideLocationID=T0138<br>