• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

View Postjumbo, on Yesterday, 15:35 , said:

BKK-Saraburi/Ayutthaya and onwards

Yesterday drove the only available highway #1 to Bang Pa In intersection through Pathumthani

First hick-up was the Loy Krathong? traffic to the river on #9 than a good drive to Rangsit

where the traffic jam started at Future Park.

Took me 1,5 hour to get onto the normal road which was blocked and elevated with earth

Arrived in Ayutthaya in 3 hours, highway #32 was clear I understand there are some puddles towards Nakon Sawan

Still a lot of water at the side

Is #9 direction Ban Pa In from BKK clear already?

We tried heading North today on Motorway #9 from Seri Thai Road. The Motorway was blocked at Fashion Island but the exit is open to go off and right back on again Posted Image We went all the way past Rangsit-Nakhon Nayok almost to Khlong Luang 3214 . The police made us U-Turn here because small cars are not allowed past their road block. I asked if it is possible for us to make it to Highway 1. They said they don't know the situation past their road block so it is best to U-Turn

Khlong Luang exit was not an option?? And could pickup-suv pass??

Edited by metisdead
Please do not use bold font when posting, bold font removed.

Suwintawong from the Ramkhamheng junction toward Chachaengsao (Highway 304) remains unchanged. Large trucks can pass and some buses. Higher pickups can get through, but it's not wise if you don't know the road. There are some holes and barricades that can't be seen.

In bound toward Ramkhamheng is slightly higher and easier. Most pickups wait for a large truck and follow in the wake. I have seen smaller pickups having to be towed. Not a good place to breakdown.

The fragrant smell of the flood water is making me hallucinate. The water level on Lad Prao between Union Mall & Big C appears to have dropped.

The median strip is now just above water, as are the lowest steps on the buses that still pass by.

The earth on this strip and the shallow root plants (and their roots) are all mixed in with the water now, which makes for really fun wading.

Phahon Yothin station has a public restroom. When I go out, I wear shorts (really short) and carry long pants in a student's book bag. I change at the subway station before boarding the train. I don't know which other MRT & BTS stations have these impromptu changing rooms. If not too far off topic, it might be worth knowing.

Rangsit Municipal has updated their photos, and there are numerous photos showing the flooding conditions mainly on Klong 1 near Future Park. The water levels in these areas don't appear to be going down thanks to the BBB in certain areas, the water is now stagnant and black.

http://www.rangsit.org/index.php

(the first photo slide show are the current photos)

Rangsit Municipal has updated their photos, and there are numerous photos showing the flooding conditions mainly on Klong 1 near Future Park. The water levels in these areas don't appear to be going down thanks to the BBB in certain areas, the water is now stagnant and black.

Save bbk at all cost. I know how you feel it's frustrating knowing it could go faster. Here in the much bahn water is again down and we purposely break down sandbags. These are our own sandbags. We do this so the water flows, we pump it out at the lower end. This way we don't have stagnant water. Stil got idiot that won't keep their own trash but float it in the village. The.mayor complains about this on the speaker every day. We got people in boats getting the trash out. So the water is not too bad.

hello campers morning all.

north east

good news day, down again lam luk ka khlong 4 10 days 20 cm , i saw the the first patch of dry road at my condo complex today,

good news day , down yesterday at my school , behind fashion island 2 cm

bad news yesterday khu bon , policeman told me , still 1 meter ,

lets be careful out there, this is not over by a long shot

north east

good news day, down again lam luk ka khlong 4 10 days 20 cm , i saw the the first patch of dry road at my condo complex today,

Getting conflicting reports about Khu Bon. Some people say 40-60cm at beginning of Khu Bon from Ram Inthra and into Khu Bon Soi 27.

The water is receding slightly in Ram Inthra Soi 69. I guess it is 1 meter at Wat Khu Bon. Wat Khu Bon was the first to flood so probably the lowest point in the area.

Thanks for the Link. Very good information.

Edited by justavoice

Report from Mo Chit, Klong Bang Sue and Saphan Kwai 11am

I went up to Mo Chit by BTS this morning (Saturday, around 11am). There is still flooding around Mo Chit Station and Chatuchak Market, but it's well down from the last time I was there (about five days ago). It's now just coming up onto the sidewalk around the station, so I'd guess it's between 20 and 30cms in depth. It's down from knee-high at it's peak in that area, so I'd say it's dropped 15cms or so. The inside of the market is not flooded. The flooding continues south toward Klong Bang Sue, but does not go all the way to the klong (at least not on Th. Phahonyothin). The klong remains full but is moving relatively quickly westward toward the river.

I know I'm going to get flamed from some users for this and I may wind up having to eat my words, but I'm starting to feel confident that inner Bangkok will not be flooded (barring any heavy rains, unexpected opening of flood gates, destruction of the Big Bag dykes etc). I've been following this thread pretty closely and talking to a lot of long-time Bangkok expats and I'm surprised how pessimistic a lot of people are. It's taken as a truism that inner Bangkok will be flooded.

Most of the people who say this base this conclusion on two erroneous beliefs: 1) because there is a lot of water up north of Bangkok, it must flood directly south across the city, and 2) the floods will come from underground. The first belief is clearly false: water takes the path of least resistance; it does not always flow in a straight line. Ruler-straight rivers are as rare as hairy fish. The course of the Chao Praya River and the other rivers that drain into the Gulf of Thailand are the path of least resistance between central Thailand and the Gulf. The second belief is also obviously false: water rarely flows very far or very fast underground in absence of tunnels, drains or sewers. Yes, there are drains and sewers under all of Bangkok, but they aren't all connected and don't go very far in most cases. Water will not flow far through normal soil; those who doubt this should go look at the nearest sandbag wall holding back the flooding (20 or 30 cms of sand will hold back a lot of water).

Sure, parts of the east and west will get flooded, but in order to get into inner Bangkok, the water would have to cross Klong Bang Sue, Klong Samsen and Klong Saen Saep. Given that the water is going down at Mo Chit, I simply don't see this happening.

Bangbon 3 water rose two centimeters yesterday morning on the south side, then fell about a half centimeter today (probably tidal). Water on the north side of the road rose three centimeters yesterday and is unchanged today after the rise.

Parts of Ekachai remain flooded and impassable to anything but trucks, buses and vehicles with lots of clearance (which -- oddly enough also Sangteos).

Going to Rama II and the relocated Southern Bus Terminal at the Holland Beer house is not a straight shot because of this, and knowledgeable taxi drivers are exiting at the off-ramp to Kanchanipisek Road, them making the u-turn fly-over less than one kilometer down to pass Makro and the fairly new McDonalds, then approaching Rama II and the Holland Beer House that way.

Anyone from the area trying to get to the bus station and dry ground should tell the driver "Makro, kahp", then once at Makro say "Holland Beer House, khap". If he refuses, you are halfway there and should be able to get a driver on that very busy highway to get you to the station rather quickly, and happy to do a profitable short hop.

For those living and/or going to the Pinklao area.

Somdet Pra Pinklao, from Arun Amarin to Charansanitwong is a lake of about 3 to 4 feet deep.

Parts of Charangsanitwong from Borommaratchachonnani, are dry and/or flooded in both directions.

Arun Amarin from the intersection with Somdet Pra Pinklao to the bridge before Siriraj hospital only by boat. Pictures taken yesterday.

Klongs around Pinklao are obstructed by debris and or trash and the flood control canals leading to Bangkoi Noi Klong, obstructed by encroachment and debris.

Neither BMA or any other authority has come to inspect and/or clear the debris and allow the putrid water to flow into the Chao Praya river.

One pump from one of those flood control canal throwing water into the Bangkoi Noi canal would certainly lower the 3 to 4 feet of water in this location.

1-One picture of the bus in front of PATA department store. The bus stops in the median and passangers descend into 4 feet of water before reaching their sois.

2-Arun Amarin. Just before the bridge leading to Siriraj hospital. Several police cars stuck in water. some above the door handles.

3-Arun Amarin. On our way to the bridge near the Siriraj hospital.. From the bridge to many blocks around the hospital is bone dry with markets and stores open. Accessible only by boat from Pinklao.

post-83280-0-99914800-1321078151_thumb.j

north east

Do you know the status of Lam Luk Ka Klong 6-7, Tesco at Fapiyarome?

Went to the boardwalk at the Latkrabang Canal (which runs along the west side of Suvanabhumi airport). The water here has risen about 10 cm as compared to a few days ago and the boardwalk is just above the water level in places. Some of the houses along the boardwalk have started to flood now. Locals do not show show many signs of anxiety but everywhere, including the sois between the boardwalk and King Kaew road, little concrete floodwalls have been put up.

Went to the boardwalk at the Latkrabang Canal (which runs along the west side of Suvanabhumi airport). The water here has risen about 10 cm as compared to a few days ago and the boardwalk is just above the water level in places. Some of the houses along the boardwalk have started to flood now. Locals do not show show many signs of anxiety but everywhere, including the sois between the boardwalk and King Kaew road, little concrete floodwalls have been put up.

GM Link

post-120659-0-74957200-1321085982_thumb.