Invitation: Thaivisa Christmas Party & Pissup

george

I like the way the venue conveniently just happens to be in the heart of sex-tourist Bangkok.

Is there are reason for this? Or is it just a reflection on TV members or BKK expats in general?

Oh Christ, here we go again. I would like to point out that the venue, Sin, is located in the center of Bangkok, which is the capital city of Thailand. I reside about about 1 kilometer from the place and I don't think that TV could pick a better venue or a better location. It gets tiring to hear people stereotype this area. A lot of top executives and their families live in this area along with just regular people. I adore the spot and would reside nowhere else if you paid me. Why not just stereotype the whole country as a "sex tourist country". The Dude would like to request a break and has scrapped his shovel cause he cannot dig the constant trashing of his beloved section of his beloved city. He will retrieve said shovel to dig TVs choice of venue. Dig?

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the way the venue conveniently just happens to be in the heart of sex-tourist Bangkok.

Is there are reason for this? Or is it just a reflection on TV members or BKK expats in general?

Oh Christ, here we go again. I would like to point out that the venue, Sin, is located in the center of Bangkok, which is the capital city of Thailand. I reside about about 1 kilometer from the place and I don't think that TV could pick a better venue or a better location. It gets tiring to hear people stereotype this area. A lot of top executives and their families live in this area along with just regular people. I adore the spot and would reside nowhere else if you paid me. Why not just stereotype the whole country as a "sex tourist country". The Dude would like to request a break and has scrapped his shovel cause he cannot dig the constant trashing of his beloved section of his beloved city. He will retrieve said shovel to dig TVs choice of venue. Dig?

Sin is lovely spot. Only complaint are the stairs - me wonder how many legless lads have made a tumble down after a few too many? Brit can dig the spot!!! :o

The last pissup over there seemed to shut down around regular bar closing time.

Used to see a lot of rooftop activity there a few months ago but that seems to have stopped. Used to be several spots around area open late: M bar, Soi 11 and such. Now everything seems to be shut as though there is a perma crackdown on that. I guess there's only one option left for anyone seeking afterhours activity..............Go to nearest tuk tuk dude and say 2 words....."Bar Open" maybe 2 more ...."no have"

Edited by The Dude

I'll be there, as will the missus (m155 g0ld)...

We've only been back in Bangkok for a month, and have never attended any of the previous bashes, so are looking forward to putting a few faces to avatars/nick names :D

BTW - never had any problems at all finding a late drink around the Suk area :o

Well, this saves me the trouble of hosting yet another party myself !

All going well, I should be there (unless I get sent to another crap-hole sandy, hot dusty, filthy wart of a country like the one I just left :o )

Otherwise, I'll be there !!

Would like to be there but doubtful as have to be at home in Korat and be Santa Claus for my 1 year old son on the 24th..... :D

Will ask my wife for a 1 day pass when I get back to LOS next week...... :o

Seems the date is best suited to those of you who live in BKK... :D

wow, this is cool, I live in Sukhumvit 3, I can walk through there in only 5 minutes from my house. :o:D . the thing is I work at sukhumvit soi 59 till 6 pm. that's doesn't matter. but what to wear? and more how will i know who is who on the party that come from this forum?. will join there.

wow, this is cool, I live in Sukhumvit 3, I can walk through there in only 5 minutes from my house. :D  :D . the thing is I work at sukhumvit soi 59 till 6 pm. that's doesn't matter. but what to wear? and more how will i know who is who on the party that come from this forum?. will join there.

Last time we al got stickers that we wrote our name on. Or as some did. Other peoples. :o

wow, this is cool, I live in Sukhumvit 3, I can walk through there in only 5 minutes from my house. :D  :D . the thing is I work at sukhumvit soi 59 till 6 pm. that's doesn't matter. but what to wear? and more how will i know who is who on the party that come from this forum?. will join there.

Last time we al got stickers that we wrote our name on. Or as some did. Other peoples. :o

Stickers will be provided for members. Ask at the entrance if you want one! (thanks to Penzman!)

post-128-1132502901_thumb.jpg

post-128-1132503010_thumb.jpg

I dig dude, people dig it don't diss it. Be told. :D

Sorry guy's won't be back till March but, I know I can trust you all to have one for me......... and the guy/girl next door their dog and the barman oh and not forgetting the road. :o

Enjoy and best of the seasons greetings to all.

redrus

I'm a new poster here (but a regular on a couple of other Thailand forums)... I'm landing in Bkk that evening but I might have a look in later on.

Erm, does one need to menion 'Thai Visa' to gain entry or is there another special password?

:o

I'm a new poster here (but a regular on a couple of other Thailand forums)... I'm landing in Bkk that evening but I might have a look in later on.

Erm, does one need to menion 'Thai Visa' to gain entry or is there another special password?

:D

No need for a password - just look for the balloons and if questioned, say you;re with Dave...

Never failed for me yet :o