Amity Treaty Advice & Recommended Lawyers

I'll be registering a business next month, and would like to go the Amity Treaty route. I can also do a Limited Partnership, but since I will own 80%, an LP doesn't seem appropriate.

I've been researching the topic over the past few months, but am curious to know which law firm others who have done this before recommend using.

A bit of background: I've received all-inclusive quotes from Siam Legal for 194k, Sunbelt Asia for 121k, and a small firm for about 40k. I've also read that I should be expecting to pay about 60k for registration. Siam Legal said they charge more because they use 'all corporate lawyers'. I guess I can read The Firm while they fill out my forms.

The services between the three firms seem exactly the same, and registering a business isn't exactly the same as mounting a criminal defense, i.e. paperwork is valid whether filed by the best or most mediocre legal minds.

Is there something I should be looking out for in law firms, and does anyone have a firm they recommend that's reasonably priced?

Edited by eliroberts

40 - 60 kBaht sounds about right to do a standard corporate registration, depending upon the amount of registered capital. The tricky / expensive part is no doubt the considereations related to registration undeer the Treaty of Amity. For that, you almost have to use someone with specific experience.