Letter From Thaksin Shinawatra

Lite Beer

He writes that anything done during this period should focus on bringing about national reconciliation and measures to overcome the current flood crisis.

The one positive sign from the letter is that he seems to be agreeing with PAD and countless others in that this whole pardon fiasco should be put on the back burner while the government should instead focus its energies on recovering from the flood crisis.

Good job. :thumbsup:

he's a crafty bugger...problem is,the isaan people will all believe he is geniunely concerned about the floods.( him good man u know him worry thai person have problem with big water and give 200 baht for papa drink whiskey and plaster for mama head when papa drunk and boxing her head u know)

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok,Thaksin not included in the royal amnesty.

How about this,Thaksin simply lands in Bangkok prior to his daughters wedding.Since his sister is PM and all other imprtant posts are taken by family members and close friends,he is not arrested for his conviction,same as his wife,but gets bail right after he lands ( have seen this happened before and that was even not his personal government).After the wedding, Thaksin stays a free man forever with some bail conditions or just leaves back to Dubai same way as he came.??????????

How about this,Thaksin simply lands in Bangkok prior to his daughters wedding.Since his sister is PM and all other imprtant posts are taken by family members and close friends,he is not arrested for his conviction,same as his wife,but gets bail right after he lands ( have seen this happened before and that was even not his personal government).After the wedding, Thaksin stays a free man forever with some bail conditions or just leaves back to Dubai same way as he came.??????????

Not bad, a real possibility. Let's see if he has the guts to try it.

He tries to sound like a wise person by asking rhetorically, that the amnesty proposal not favor any one person, but he knows it was 100% crafted to get him off the hook.

Privately he's thinking, "Oh boy, I'm going to get off - yipee!"

And the whole charade, by his sis and Chalerm and PT, is to get Thaksin's corrupt butt back in the PM's seat.

as for 'not getting justice' - ......I can't help but think of the 79 young Muslim men who suffocated to death while in Army custody, while former caretaker PM Thaksin was in full control of the Army at the time, .....and not one army member got even a harsh word from that. This is the question I would ask T if he were standing in front of me; "How can you have let that happen, and why did no one take any responsibility?"

The interesting aspect of the topic is not the handwritten part, but the fact that it has been send to the media in ENGLISH as well. Makes you wonder about both 'Dear Fellow Thai People' and the sincerity of it all (apart from the 'FORGIVE AND FORGET' near the end of the Thai letter). To me it looks more like an ongoing publicity and obfuscation campaign aimed at foreigners :ermm:

BTW is k. Thaksin still entitled to sign with 'Police Lt. Col.' ?

Officially, he had his accolades taken back, and was supposed to return them. Of course he didn't and won't. .....and Thai bureaucracy is too moribound and toothless to back it up. Similarly, in a strict adherence to the law, any Thai official who meets with a fugitive (from Thai justice) is supposed to either arrest that person, or alert authorities to do so. Again, no Thai authority will even pretend to do that to the fugitive in Dubai.

How about this,Thaksin simply lands in Bangkok prior to his daughters wedding.Since his sister is PM and all other important posts are taken by family members and close friends,he is not arrested for his conviction,same as his wife,but gets bail right after he lands ( have seen this happened before and that was even not his personal government).After the wedding, Thaksin stays a free man forever with some bail conditions or just leaves back to Dubai same way as he came.??????????

Not bad, a real possibility. Let's see if he has the guts to try it.

Probably more important to T than even staying out of jail, is getting the money back that he feels was unfairly taken from him (Bt.5 billion (?) for him not paying taxes on the Temasak thing). His God is money.

But you're right. He could return tomorrow, regardless of the amnesty thing, and he wouldn't go to prison. He would be taken to an office, post bail, and then walk out to a hero's welcome - by a crowd of rowdies (same sorts which commanderred Bkk 16 months ago). If anyone said a disparaging word, tough guys in the crowd would stomp 'em - and the cops would stand around with dumb grins on their faces.

Edited by maidu

The Nation just reported that Thaksin will not be on the list to receive a pardon. That's according to Pracha. PAD has also cancelled its rally. I wonder if the reds will follow and stop their protest or will they continue their nonsense. There's still urgent flood issues to be dealt with.

link please.

I picked this up on the Google news column

"Mr Thaksin ''won't accept the pardon and he doesn't think the government would do it anyway'', Mr Noppadon said.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/thaksin-rejects-pardon-20111120-1np9w.html#ixzz1eG0M8ntX"

The Nation just reported that Thaksin will not be on the list to receive a pardon. That's according to Pracha. PAD has also cancelled its rally. I wonder if the reds will follow and stop their protest or will they continue their nonsense. There's still urgent flood issues to be dealt with.

link please.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Pracha-rules-out-Thaksins-pardon-30170283.html

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/PAD-cancels-rally-30170285.html

Still waiting to see if Khwanchai will call his protests off.

Before the election the Red Shirts were staging protests pretty much every week asking for justice for the people killed during last year's riots. After PTP wins, puf! Not a blip.

Then Thaksin needs a bit of "moral support" and the clowns spring like a Jack-in-the-box.

Red Shirts not about Thaksin my arse.

recalling Anand's speech now

http://www.thaivisa....way-to-tyranny/

This speech should get more attention, it is underestimated and hopefully not a sad reality in TH soon. Doesn't look promising at the moment though.

Indeed.

Though I will not the Council of State just shot down the attempt

at handing Thaksin's brother in law total control over the press.

They may be 70-80 but that was thinking clearly.

Dont know. The people have bought this upon themselves, why should they interfere.

The majority of the people in Thailand voted for his party

No they didn't

I believe a large percentage of Pheua Thai voters voted for the too good to be true policies they proposed.True they care about Thaksin, but I'm sure if they hadn't included the 300 baht minimum wage, 15,000 baht salary and 15,000 baht for 1 tonne of rice the votes would have been much smaller.

I wonder which Minister at the Cabinet meeting leaked the news.If it was still secret no doubt the plan would still go ahead. But Thaksin is trying to backtrack, realising the move looks obviously selfish so soon after the floods. Let the red shirts rage and behave as stupidly as usual, can't they survive without their godfather, the true champions of democracy?

1+:clap2:

The interesting aspect of the topic is not the handwritten part, but the fact that it has been send to the media in ENGLISH as well...

Perhaps Thaksin did not trust the English-language newspapers to translate his letter correctly. Every publication would probably have come up with a different English text.

37 posts and I cannot see one, not 1 reply in agreement with what this deluded character has said in his letter.

No doubt some will say he is correct, but I don't think he has any idea of just how much resentment will surface if he gets amnesty from crimes he claims he did not commit.

Which leads me to ask: If he is innocent why are his lackeys asking for forgiveness and an amnesty for him ? No crime no time.

He has said a lot of things about his trial but the most common is that it was "politically motivated". This usually means I did it and my political opponents made sure I was prosecuted for it even though they may have acted differently if I had not been their opponent and therefore could not gain benefit from it. There is probably some truth in the idea that his opponents looked upon this as a means of getting at him but it doesn't alter the fact that he did it. I wonder what his view would have been if the person on trial for abuse of power had been his opponent?

Someone forgot to mention

The Red Shirts today Sunday 207h November are all over Udon, getting ready to demand Thaskin is allowed to return

Friend over the phone told me cars are being stopped and asked if they support Thaskins return

Sad days for the driver if they say NO

Do they only ask in Thai or do they question in English too? I'm heading that way soon

No, just tell them you love the man and all he stands for.:bah:

Surely everyone supports his return. Even anti Thaksin people want him to return so he can go to jail. If that's what they are actually asking then it shows they aren't really thinking about what they're saying.

As a former police officer he probably knows that the personal handwriting shown here, regardless of content, is not shaky enough, much too readable to be of real interest. Who would not be concerned ? I've noticed that in the kingsize Thai family bed children while sleeping often seem to dance around like sensitive needles of a universal compass. During day they are also rather difficult to follow and supervise but certainly not less interesting. How old is Mr. Thaksin ?

Someone forgot to mention

The Red Shirts today Sunday 207h November are all over Udon, getting ready to demand Thaskin is allowed to return

Friend over the phone told me cars are being stopped and asked if they support Thaskins return

Sad days for the driver if they say NO

Do they only ask in Thai or do they question in English too? I'm heading that way soon

No, just tell them you love the man and all he stands for.:bah:

Surely everyone supports his return. Even anti Thaksin people want him to return so he can go to jail. If that's what they are actually asking then it shows they aren't really thinking about what they're saying.

Red Shirts aren't particularly well known for their wisdom.

Splattering and hurling HIV-tainted blood around Bangkok and forcing an evacuation of a hospital after raiding it with thugs are examples of their "aren't really thinking."

Burning down their own provincial halls is another.

The interesting aspect of the topic is not the handwritten part, but the fact that it has been send to the media in ENGLISH as well...

Perhaps Thaksin did not trust the English-language newspapers to translate his letter correctly. Every publication would probably have come up with a different English text.

It's too bad he didn't send a verbal recording of his letter in English... then every publication would probably have come up with a different interpretation of his English.

<br />P.S. I am shipping tons of medical supplies I purchased from my personal fortune that you kind people allowed me to amass whilst pretending to be acting for the benefit of Thailand. These supplies should be distributed free and I have instructed my people on the ground to forgo their usual commissions on donations and ensure that anyone in trouble gets the help and support they need.<br /><br />I guess he forgot to add this.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

What an excellent comment. Bravo and thanks for sharing your intelligent thoughts..

link please.

I picked this up on the Google news column

"Mr Thaksin ''won't accept the pardon and he doesn't think the government would do it anyway'', Mr Noppadon said.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.a...l#ixzz1eG0M8ntX"

I believe both comments above are smoke screens. The whole impetus by PT and Reds is to get T pardoned. They don't give a hoot for anyone else except themselves, ....certainly not for common criminals. Alongside Mr. Amsterdam, Mr. Noppadon is chief liar among the Shinawatre nest of liars. If he said that (and it's believable that he did), then he must think the Thai people are dumber than slugs to believe it. Can anyone with two brain cells imagine the scenario he paints as believable?!?!: T is pardoned, yet he doesn't accept the pardon, and instead continues being a fugitive and taking the chance of being locked up for two years if he sets foot again on Thai soil.

The interesting aspect of the topic is not the handwritten part, but the fact that it has been send to the media in ENGLISH as well. Makes you wonder about both 'Dear Fellow Thai People' and the sincerity of it all (apart from the 'FORGIVE AND FORGET' near the end of the Thai letter). To me it looks more like an ongoing publicity and obfuscation campaign aimed at foreigners :ermm:

Probably so.... The military does it...

By T saying he never gets any justice, sends the message that Thai justice, at its uppermost levels, is faulty. Top political leaders are supposed to not only uphold the law, but to support the institutions which rule on the law. It would be like an airline company executive saying he has no faith in the mechanics or pilots of the airplanes. Would you fly with that airline?

Ironic that he never complained about top justices when they ruled in his favor, such as when they pardoned him for hiding assets.

37 posts and I cannot see one, not 1 reply in agreement with what this deluded character has said in his letter.

No doubt some will say he is correct, but I don't think he has any idea of just how much resentment will surface if he gets amnesty from crimes he claims he did not commit.

Which leads me to ask: If he is innocent why are his lackeys asking for forgiveness and an amnesty for him ? No crime no time.

Who these farangs that attack him.

Are their elected leaders in their country and better.

Touche Harry!

Which Army officer has been convicted by the Supreme Court and given a prison sentence and has not had his rank stripped?

Which Army officer has been convicted by the Supreme Court and given a prison sentence and has not had his rank stripped?

Unfortunately, none, zero, zip.

Unfortunately, none, zero, zip.

So then, military then does not do it.

I agree that Thaksin seems to be the only one skirting the law regarding having his rank stripped as well as non-compliance with the law requiring he give up his royal decorations as per the law that he himself signed into effect.

Middle bits left out....

I agree that Thaksin seems to be the only one skirting the law regarding having his rank stripped as well as non-compliance with the law requiring he give up his royal decorations as per the law that he himself signed into effect.

The military can get away with murder (and has done) and not get done in Bucholz. Why would they flee? They only get transferred.... The untouchables.

Middle bits left out....

The military can get away with murder (and has done) and not get done in Bucholz. Why would they flee? They only get transferred.... The untouchables.

So the solution to lawlessness and lack of accountability is more lawlessness and lack of accountability?

Middle bits left out....

I thought we were specifically discussing police/military having their ranked stripped following a conviction...

If you want to veer off and discuss something entirely different, that's fine.

I was just attempting to clarify the particular truthful accuracy of the above, which we've apparently found it is not.

Edited by Buchholz