Thais Taking Internal Flights...

Stoke

Hi,

Can anyone help?

I'm in BBK now with my TGF and we want to book an online flight to Phuket for a week. Her passport will expire in 3 months' time. When I try to book the ticket online, the website tells me her passport must have 6 months+ validity or she cannot be admitted to the flight but then the booking seems to proceed as normal (on AirAsia).

Surely it shoudn't matter for her as she is Thai and is not even leaving the country? If I go ahead and book the flights, will she really be prevented from boarding?

Any advice greatly appreciated if someone can help me.....

She doesn't need a passport. She only needs her ID card. Every Thai over 15 has one.

There will be no problem with her boarding the flight. Passports are required for international flights only.

+1 I've booked five internal flights for my gf in the last 6 months using her ID card.

In 1947 my Dad lived in Victoria London England and worked in the neighboring Borough of Pimlico.

In 1949 Pimlico was declared an independent State and my poor old Dad had to obtain a passport to Pimlico in order to travel to and from work until the regime was overthrown by the Labour government in 1953.

So in some cases a passport is required for travelling inland.

Edited by Beetlejuice

In 1947 my Dad lived in Victoria London England and worked in the neighboring Borough of Pimlico.

In 1949 Pimlico was declared an independent State and my poor old Dad had to obtain a passport to Pimlico in order to travel to and from work until the regime was overthrown by the Labour government in 1953.

That's almost exactly the same as what is happening to the OP...B)

Have just shown my kids (2 and 4) birth certificates on a few occasions, on others they didn't even ask, they just wanted the tickets.... both Thai and Bangkok Airways domestic flights.

:)

We had a different experience a couple of years back with AirAsia, from Suvanabhumi to Chiang MAi and return.

My son forgot to take his young daughters Thai passport for check-in and they refused all other documents and explanations. Daughter was about 3.5 years old at the time.

Luckily a friend was 'sitting' our condo whilst we were away, we called her, she quickly found the passport and faxed a copy to the AirAsia sales desk and that was accepted.

Was your father Stanley Holloway by any chance?