Ocean Surges Slowing Down Flood Drainage: Expert

webfact

We are now in a low tide trend but the river is high because of a surge.

My apologies as I read my post(s) yesterday I should have said "the river is high now due to the flood waters (water table) +1.5 m plus the surge (+40 cm) approx.

Isn't the "water table" underground?

Yup, it's above the ground in bangkok right now.

I fancy a long-tail boat to paddle its way to my balcony with a cocktail, few refreshments and other amenities to boot as I relax and watch the sun set.

Someone in this morning's deluge of tweets saved me some googling ... (thank you whoever u were )

http://www.weather.gov.sg/wip/c/portal/layout?p_l_id=PUB.1023.17&p_p_id=EXT_13&p_p_action=0&p_p_state=pop_up&p_p_mode=view&p_p_col_id=column-2&p_p_col_pos=1&p_p_col_count=2&_EXT_13_struts_action=/nea/aviation/last24hours/last24hours&_EXT_13_if=ai112322.jpg

Thus a typhoon does not appear to be hitting the Viet coast right noiw. Whew! Does the FROG know what one is?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He said he had known about these surges all along but had chosen not to speak about it publicly because he did not wish to cause panic.

And yet another instance of the lack of transparency and hiding of reality from the

government water-management committee

froc.jpg

:bah:

Frog

Is there a monsoon in the gulf?

well, why should I bother to answer. if you had had proper secundary education and if you had paid attention at the right time to teacher about what monsoon really is, you would have known the answer: of course there is-and in fact monsoon as such does not say very much-it is just the akternative to tradewinds=whole year same. Monsoon=changes 2/year, hence dry and wet-a commom misunderstanding is that monsoons are always wet-that is just half the year. And it does not matter if it is land or sea. But it is most pronounced when the winds hit land coming from sea.Did not make that trouble-but in fact i assume that wiki would have the answer also.

well, why should I bother to answer. if you had had proper secundary education and if you had paid attention at the right time to teacher about what monsoon really is, you would have known the answer: of course there is-and in fact monsoon as such does not say very much-it is just the akternative to tradewinds=whole year same. Monsoon=changes 2/year, hence dry and wet-a commom misunderstanding is that monsoons are always wet-that is just half the year. And it does not matter if it is land or sea. But it is most pronounced when the winds hit land coming from sea.Did not make that trouble-but in fact i assume that wiki would have the answer also.

I'm sorry. I didn't bother about the class where they taught about worldwide weather conditions in secundary skool.

Edited by whybother

I'm sorry. I didn't bother about the class where they taught about worldwide weather conditions in secundary skool.

Sorry, I skipped school that day - was out studying how to take a girl's panties off in a haystack with one hand.