Tot Adsl Service Center

Gonzo the Face

I have had the TOT ADSL service for more than a year now, and generally have been very pleased with performance and service. That is until about 6 - 8 weeks ago.

The service has been getting slower and slower and now is to the point at times during the day that no access at all is available. And at other times so slow that a "Gateway Time Out" is activated.

Has anyone else had this problem ?

And now the question. There used to be a TOT ADSL Center. Does it still exist and does anyone have the telephone number for this center.

I suspect that it is just a typical Thai thing of selling, and selling and just an overloading of the lines

Thanks

Gonzo

Some of the recent problems are nationwide, due to the fiberoptic international links being down time and time again.

The other problem, is exactly what you say - they push the prices down to a level where people are ready to sign up en masse, and then the connections become completely saturated, resulting in substandard service.

sorry mis-posted this under tt&t thread. can't blame it on TOT. too much cafe wawee, mang?

i have been using tot adsl for about 7 months. the connection is erratic. it will work fine for days, then go through a period of constantly boggin down and dropping out. when the adsl signal disappears, sometimes rebooting the modem helps, sometimes rebooting the computer does the trick.

i have the 1000/256 connection for a thousand baht per month. on the positive side, i get a fast enough downstream rate to stream hi fi music from the web, but i doubt that i often get true 1000k. i can use internet telephony (skype) and am told that the outbound signal is clear.

the past couple of days have been particularly bad, especially with chat programs like msn.

service has been ok, in that when i have had problems tot sent someone out within a day or two. once rainwater had spoiled the splitter (which had been installed in an unfortunate location on the side of the house). we diagnosed the problem quickly and i went out and bought a new splitter for less than 100 baht. another time the modem configuration reset somehow. the tech who came to the house was more of a phone line guy than a software guy, but he put his colleague on the phone with me and he talked me through reconfiguring the modem on an html page. and it worked.

i think the router i purchased from tot when i bought the service is probably a piece of crap and may be contributing to the problems, but i can't say for sure--just a hunch.

i am interested in the cable service from TRUE. If it is just as fast and more reliable, i would try it (for roughly the same price).