Tata Young At Hard Rock Patong

KImoLolo

Well, I don't know him (Tata Young) either, and I've never been a fan of Jamie Winehouse (didn't he die recently?).

Ping. it's Amy Winehouse http://en.wikipedia....i/Amy_Winehouse and she she did die recently.

Oh dear........re-read Ping's post again.

Shouldn't be surprised. This is Thaivisa, many members have trouble working out what gender they are. :rolleyes:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are all such jokesters, really..............

How can you be in Thailand for a time and not know who Tata Young is, or that she's a she?

Funny to hear she put everyone off for 2 hours at the gig, her star has been waning for awhile, thus the booking at the crappie Hard Rock Patong. I see Thai soaps on her horizon.

Speaking of the Hard Rock, does anyone remember the original non-licensed one on Bangla circa 1991? Cool wood interior, where everyone would leave messages on the walls.

I didn't attend the concert but bought tickets for my gf and her sister. I am told Tata decided to wonder on-stage 2.5 hours after concert was supposed to start. I had a car/driver for them and had to pay extra for all the wait time. My gf said she couldn't enjoy the concert because she was too pissed off by the arrogance of making paying customers wait almost three hours to begin. Anyone see the concert?

I doubt anyone went.

Crap food, overpriced drinks and an aging pop star performing for tourists that have never heard of her.

The layout of the place is all wrong as only about 4 tables can see the stage.

More pylons in the place than chalong pier.

How can you be in Thailand for a time and not know who Tata Young is, or that she's a she?

Funny to hear she put everyone off for 2 hours at the gig, her star has been waning for awhile, thus the booking at the crappie Hard Rock Patong. I see Thai soaps on her horizon.

Speaking of the Hard Rock, does anyone remember the original non-licensed one on Bangla circa 1991? Cool wood interior, where everyone would leave messages on the walls.

It's still around and has been for years. East side of Soi Seadragon, close to Bangla. You'll still see Mac from time to time.

seriously GOM ive never heard of her

seriously GOM ive never heard of her

Look on bit torrents, you can probably find her CD. If not and your really want it, I can burn you a copy!

LOL!!! I'm pretty good at trivia. I've been an audio engineer and stagehand for over 30 years. First group I did sound for was The Talking Heads in 1976. Many days were 14 to 20 plus hours... But since I'm in the "business" I stay somewhat current on things... I know about "Lady Gaga" but I haven't worked for him yet and probably won't. All the old time acts like the Bob Marley, Aerosmith, The Rolling Stones,The Who, Cher, Madonna, Clapton, Kiss, Zappa, Pavarotti, etc, etc. Been there, done that and have lots of stories...biggrin.gif

JYMBOski..

Mr. Pavarotti is was no an act! Whatg don't you understand about that!

LOL!!! I'm pretty good at trivia. I've been an audio engineer and stagehand for over 30 years. First group I did sound for was The Talking Heads in 1976. Many days were 14 to 20 plus hours... But since I'm in the "business" I stay somewhat current on things... I know about "Lady Gaga" but I haven't worked for him yet and probably won't. All the old time acts like the Bob Marley, Aerosmith, The Rolling Stones,The Who, Cher, Madonna, Clapton, Kiss, Zappa, Pavarotti, etc, etc. Been there, done that and have lots of stories...biggrin.gif

JYMBOski..

Just another day at the "office" for me. biggrin.gif The thing I remember most about that show was all the Schoeps microphones we used.

JYMBOski..

Kimololo, you remind me of a previous poster[ Patong pete] who posted loads of rubish that no one could understand...are you the same poster with a new name?:lol:

<snip>

Are you referring to the one that was in Bangla proper, north side about half way between the Nordic Bungalows and corner of Ratuthit? They even sold Hard Rock tee shirts (with Thai subtitles!), but it was a small beer bar with very loud music. Would be around the time you wention - pre-dating the sois (if memory serves).

<snip>

Are you referring to the one that was in Bangla proper, north side about half way between the Nordic Bungalows and corner of Ratuthit? They even sold Hard Rock tee shirts (with Thai subtitles!), but it was a small beer bar with very loud music. Would be around the time you wention - pre-dating the sois (if memory serves).

think GOM is talking about the Hard Rock that used to be on Soi Sea Dragon, right side about 3 places in. I can't even think if it's still there. But hey this is way off topic.

<snip>

Yes, I'm pretty sure that's the one he is referring to. It then moved into Soi Seadragon.

I didn't attend the concert but bought tickets for my gf and her sister. I am told Tata decided to wonder on-stage 2.5 hours after concert was supposed to start. I had a car/driver for them and had to pay extra for all the wait time. My gf said she couldn't enjoy the concert because she was too pissed off by the arrogance of making paying customers wait almost three hours to begin. Anyone see the concert?

She was not the opening act so to say she was 2.5 hours late is not true. She did start late and play longer.. BTW, She stay in the Velvet Room for about 1.5 hours.. More that just picsa and autographs. She was very candid and enjoyed my contrast of the Japan Tour and her nearly unplugged show. You like Tata, you got her at her best. There wa another group on schedule from the beginning..... Let's keep it to the truth!

Here is the back of the VIP card with the schedule. BTW, the Tapas were much and fresh from the oven! for the prividledged guests, that is.

post-145233-0-34751300-1322482993_thumb.

By privileged guest do you mean those who paid 3000 Baht to pretend they were important? I'm sure your " contrast of the Japan Tour and her nearly unplugged show" kept Tata enthralled and barely able keep her pants on; or perhaps she thought 3000 Baht buys you 5 minutes of rapt attention before she could escape... and sticking to the truth? The paid in advanced ticket vouchers said show time 7:00pm. period.

She was not the opening act so to say she was 2.5 hours late is not true. She did start late and play longer.. BTW, She stay in the Velvet Room for about 1.5 hours.. More that just picsa and autographs. She was very candid and enjoyed my contrast of the Japan Tour and her nearly unplugged show. You like Tata, you got her at her best. There wa another group on schedule from the beginning..... Let's keep it to the truth!

Here is the back of the VIP card with the schedule. BTW, the Tapas were much and fresh from the oven! for the prividledged guests, that is.

Interesting, you can write decent English now. I can't remember when I last paid to go to any show, but I'm glad you enjoyed it...

As per the VIP pass and slyer the gates did open at 7pm. the VIP section was a bit slow but there is no ruch to get in. Music from before 7pm. I was in at 7 to get in the front row and they offered bar service right away. If anyone wants to visit the VIP info please pm with the entry and exit door logisits so I know the op is not lying!

Too Pang for thee... Sorry as you do see to have a hard on for the Hard Rock... Drinking on the back streets of Kata or Nanai Road is not a nice as the HRC Patong!

Yes, its very expensive considering the food is terrible and have no desire to pay 400 baht for a flavorless burger that's smaller than a McDonald's cheesburger.

The whole set up is retarded, nobody can see the stage from any booth due to the excessive amount of pylons in the place.

For the same money, I'd rather stroll over and eat at Sam's steakhouse and enjoy a bottle of wine minus the package deal tourists squabbling over hard rock phuket t-shirts.

Too Pang for thee... Sorry as you do see to have a hard on for the Hard Rock... Drinking on the back streets of Kata or Nanai Road is not a nice as the HRC Patong!

I would have to disagree with that. Much rather be drinking a G&T out in the open air, people-watching at a bar in Nanai than be stuck in a Hard-Rock Cafe that could be anywhere in the world.

I would have to disagree with that. Much rather be drinking a G&T out in the open air, people-watching at a bar in Nanai than be stuck in a Hard-Rock Cafe that could be anywhere in the world.

seconded, even in Nanai, and at 1/4 the price, would miss germans doing ymca tho :lol: :lol:

as for Tata Young in Hard Rock, its clever as its one of the few places she could sell full house tickets at 250 baht. past 5 years i can not recall one gig she has done with paid tickets, just paid by organisers as one of several artists

<snip>

Yeah Ping ! Bingo !

Even stayed at Nordic bungalow ! Good memories....

Yes, its very expensive considering the food is terrible and have no desire to pay 400 baht for a flavorless burger that's smaller than a McDonald's cheesburger.

The whole set up is retarded, nobody can see the stage from any booth due to the excessive amount of pylons in the place.

For the same money, I'd rather stroll over and eat at Sam's steakhouse and enjoy a bottle of wine minus the package deal tourists squabbling over hard rock phuket t-shirts.

Well, the food we are on about was the great Tapa's.. You wern't there so how would you know

I agree with the retarded set up. You end up looking at a small tv screen.