Pcx

jonnyscot

Just posting my experience on a second hand Bike purchase in Suphan the other day, Ive been mulling about buying a PCX for a few months now but finally took the plunge the other day and parted with my extremely reliable and excellent Suzuki skydrive which I have had for nearly 2 years, and treated myself to a second hand PCX prestige, too good a deal to pass up on I thought, bike regd feb 2010 with 22k km, a little high on the km i thought,original selling price at Honda Suphan shop of 55k haggled a bit but could only get it down to 50k, left and went away to work for a month, when I returned to shop once I had come back from work I see the bike still there but reduced to 50k after a bit more of the haggling, finally settled on 45k, the honda shop included transfer and 1 year basic insurance,, not too bad a deal I thought,, and a bit surprised since I had expected to be charged for the transfer,,

The mileage scares me a bit, that's a huge amount for that time period. I've seen PCX goes for 50-60K!!! so I think you got a good deal, if maintenance check out on the bike.

The mileage is nothing to be concerned about providing it's been serviced at the correct intervals and has been traveling far enough to warm the engine up before ending each trip.

My Yamaha Mio 125 GTX has covered nearly 24,000km in 8 months and she still purs like a kitten, the bike's engine still has another 26,000 manufactures warranty remaining too.

Yes, the mileage did concern me, the Honda shop did say the bike was purchased from new from them and had the initial service from them plus another 3 services, it still leaves a gap where maybe another couple of services could probably have been done, but that's not to say the previous owner didn't have it done at any other mech bike shop, that's a couple of days I've had the bike now and she's running smoothly enough, I must say I'm impressed with the fuel consumption,

Hi, pretty sure it isn't an ex rental since the Honda shop where I bought the bike is located in same town we live and I haven't seen any rental shops here, also I noticed from the green book copy that the previous owner is local to the area too,,a bike like the PCX with higher rental value would have no appeal up in this area unlike BKK or Pattaya.