Children Toy Shops In Chiangmai

eutin45

You find the cheap plastic toys for children made in China (what a crap). Robinson has some better quality toys but expensive. Are there other outlets/shops that offer something decent for children 6 years old? Also never have seen model trains run on electricity. Everything sold is pathetic and runs on batteries. Any advice or leads. Thank you. RL

I'm on the look out for 2 year old toys and am in the same situation with price/quality so would be interested in what anyone has to say and will let you know if I find anything. Most people I have spoken to say it is best to shop online but I find that the delivery costs are huge.

I have the same problem also i always get my parents to bring over toys from england .

Maybe someone could set up a toy exchange where we could exchange our old imported toys for ones of a higher age as my daughter is 3 now so some of her toys she don't play with now .

If the 6 year old is a boy, would a radio controlled car be appropriate? If so, there is a shop selling them in the Petronas gas station on Kothchasan road next to DK books. I have seen other model shops around but can't quite recall where. Kad Suan Kaew maybe?

For the 2 year old how about wooden toys? Thailand is a major producer of wooden toys for export and some of them show up locally. Once again I recall seeing a sign for a factory outlet just outside CM, but where was it? I have seen a small selection downstairs in the Night Bazaar Centre. Also possibly Baan Tawai?

As far as wooden toys go you could try Zirieng Art Supply - it's down Ratchawithi road on the rhs (going west). The entrance is on a corner next to a place that has coin operated washing machines. The bottom floor is full of books (thai) but go upstairs to the 3rd floor and there is a small selection of wooden "toys" mainly educational but you never know you might find something. They mainly sell craft materials up there but there are a few odd things knocking about like sports gear, bikes and musical instruments as well.

There's also DK books on Khotchasan road south of Loi Kroh Road - a smaller selection of wooden puzzles and the like.

For Radio controlled cars helicopters and other toys etc check out the road almost directly opposite the original Kasem Store (on Ratchawong Road) leading towards the Ping. Lots of stalls there selling all kinds of things toys amongst them.