Samui To Ban Krut On A Pcx

phetphet

I was thinking of taking the ferry from Samui, then bus, and exploring the coast above Chumpon... Ban Krut, Bang Saphan in the new year. Then I got to thinking that it might be good to try it on my PCX.

Looking on Google maps it looks like highway 41 is the route to take. Good idea? Crazy? Dangerous? I imagine this is the main highway that all the lorries take between BKK and the South.. Are you even allowed on these highways on a scooter?

Suggestions and advice please folks, as I have never driven on mainland Thailand.

P.S. I have just found a reference to the old road, that follows the railway line, which although potholed, is a lot quieter.

Edited by phetphet

I'd say it looks like fun. The Hwy is busy as the primary north-south route but if you cruise at 90 you should be OK.

Depending on your level of adventure you should be able to do a lot of it avoiding Hwy 41 but there are a few sections where you cannot avoid it.

Have a look at Bing Maps the roads are defined better, although not numbered, so combine that with GM for the numbering.

Get thyself to a book shop and get a hard copy PN Map. from Koh Samui it might involve a day trip to Surat but if the sun is shinning?