Beware!

Jockstar

Now, of course, the alcoholics are going to start calling me a prude and a bible-thumping goodie-to-shoes, but hang on a minute. I'm not advocating prohibition or anything like that. It's perfectly fine to have a few drinks with dinner or even get hammered now and then, but it sounds to me like this guy had more than a few drinks, and that this was a pretty common thing for him to do.

This one agrees with all you say :o

It's sad when you see 40+ year olds behaving like 20 year olds every night.

Bangkok is a dangerous place when you are drunk, whether you are a short-time tourist or an experienced business owner.

I drank nearly every night for years in Bangkok, and shit happened, of course - it would anywhere in the world.

I also didn't touch a drop for many years and NOTHING dangerous happened to me - it doesn't take a genius to figure out why so many tourists or experienced ex-pats get robbed and worse.

Ah yes, I agree.

Personally I patronise Bars which promise to spike only the drinks of those consuming alcohol, therefore drinking Orange Juice - as I do - I am immune to this problem.

Sorry - British irony there, for those not familiar with it.

Patrick

Cheers for the heads up Jock & Matt - sorry to hear about your mates.

As mentioned by jezchesters, any chance of a heads up as to what part of town this was? Can be as vague as you feel comfortable with.

Around Suk Soi 22 or 23 I THINK!