Air Asia Are A Joke

JollyRoger

I have never flown with them or Ryanair and never would

Why comment then?

Booking online is a pain. They couldn't be more obvious about wanting to get as much out of you as they can. However, offering direct flight to Hat Yai from CM, which Thai Air don't and for the price of the Bangkok leg alone with Thai, can't be beat. Just a shame they come across as reamers. :whistling:

I have never flown with them or Ryanair and never would, to me they are like governments in the way that governments find more and more ways to screw taxes out of you so do these budget outfits, you can see where they got their templates from. Not so much Highwaymen as Flywaymen :angry: .

Air Asia - a great airline with great deals if it suits your schedule. I fly with them all the time!

+1 My best flight deal was Kuala Lumpur to Bali for £16.00 one way, amazing !! So the OP should stop complaining and start researching the best deals.

Apparently the OP is lacking the experience of booking flights all around the world but points out well the airlines do treat us as idiots.

But seeing complimentary replies in favour of the Air Asia simply makes me surprised. I have flown with them over 10 times so as my wife and can hardly recall a problem-free occasion. They obviously have no adequate help centres as sent complains to them and never got any reply. I have managed to talk to them a couple of times and got no help at all but useless advice. At one occasion it was flooding in Hat Yai really badly, had no chance to get to the town so wanted to change the booking and their assistant in the call centre had no information of it but she suggested to hire a big truck to get into the town from Hat Yai airport. :angry: At this moment i didnt know she was just a plain idiot or had a good joke. The flooding was 2 metres high and lasted for almost 2 days. One day i took the first flight in the morning and the toilet was dirty had no hand wash in it. The normal routine is that they haven't got a selection of food in reality what they show you on their menu.

Every third flight was late at least 30 mins, once, had a strange plunge in the air. The queue at their desks, especially in Bangkok is quite long, the waiting time is one of the longest.

And the helpfulness of their staff comparing with the Nok air or Orient thai staff is clearly poorer. This is solely my experience.

I am not saying that these would not occur with other airlines but this is my solid experience.

Their online booking can be a pain. Yesterday I booked flights BKK- Hat Yai, but only at the second attempt. The first time, I went all the way through the procedure, flights, pax details, seats etc selected, payment made, even did the 'Verify Visa' bit, and then got a message saying the booking had failed because the flights were unavailable. At least there was a 'cancel payment' button.

A bit later in an idle moment I tried again, partly because their offer is half that of TG. I input the same details for the same flights except for the seat numbers, and this time it worked. I presume previously somebody else was booking the same seats at the same time and got their payment in first.

Apparently the OP is lacking the experience of booking flights all around the world but points out well the airlines do treat us as idiots.

But seeing complimentary replies in favour of the Air Asia simply makes me surprised. I have flown with them over 10 times so as my wife and can hardly recall a problem-free occasion. They obviously have no adequate help centres as sent complains to them and never got any reply. I have managed to talk to them a couple of times and got no help at all but useless advice. At one occasion it was flooding in Hat Yai really badly, had no chance to get to the town so wanted to change the booking and their assistant in the call centre had no information of it but she suggested to hire a big truck to get into the town from Hat Yai airport. :angry: At this moment i didnt know she was just a plain idiot or had a good joke. The flooding was 2 metres high and lasted for almost 2 days. One day i took the first flight in the morning and the toilet was dirty had no hand wash in it. The normal routine is that they haven't got a selection of food in reality what they show you on their menu.

Every third flight was late at least 30 mins, once, had a strange plunge in the air. The queue at their desks, especially in Bangkok is quite long, the waiting time is one of the longest.

And the helpfulness of their staff comparing with the Nok air or Orient thai staff is clearly poorer. This is solely my experience.

I am not saying that these would not occur with other airlines but this is my solid experience.

Why do you continue flying with them?

I have never flown with them or Ryanair and never would, to me they are like governments in the way that governments find more and more ways to screw taxes out of you so do these budget outfits, you can see where they got their templates from. Not so much Highwaymen as Flywaymen :angry: .

Air Asia - a great airline with great deals if it suits your schedule. I fly with them all the time!

To be dumped in Stanstead is not London, its a country village, the Stanstead Express is about as reliable as BIG C with all the checkouts open. Not an option for me and thats before they start the rip off add ons. SHOW ME THE PRICE NOW!:angry:

Exactly the opposite experience here. Not any of the above mentioned problems on my roughly 10 flights with Air Asia, not one of them had a delay worth mentioning (seems to be untypical for Air Asia, I know), my desired meal always available, friendly staff, in fact a better experience than I would expect for the low fares I paid (2 flights for 0 Baht fare).

They even allowed me to rebook my flight that was cancelled after the yellows had their sit-in at the airport, within a 2 week period after the airport reopened (not via their main reservation tel number where the staff was unhelpful, but with their Suratthani local office). And I know that all airlines in Thailand have a very bad customer service when unexpected events occur, at the last flooding in Samui even Bangkok Airways passengers had to go to the airport every day in person to inform about the flight situation, when many areas where flooded with 1m or more!

Btw where is the OP? Usually the additional fees make max a few hundred Baht, not thousands, maybe a nuisance but not more.

Why do you continue flying with them?

I was sure to get this reply quickly. You must know there is no available option sometimes, only Air Asia flies certain routes, but you are right, i should avoid them and take a walk :angry:

Exactly the opposite experience here. Not any of the above mentioned problems on my roughly 10 flights with Air Asia, not one of them had a delay worth mentioning (seems to be untypical for Air Asia, I know), my desired meal always available, friendly staff, in fact a better experience than I would expect for the low fares I paid (2 flights for 0 Baht fare).

They even allowed me to rebook my flight that was cancelled after the yellows had their sit-in at the airport, within a 2 week period after the airport reopened (not via their main reservation tel number where the staff was unhelpful, but with their Suratthani local office). And I know that all airlines in Thailand have a very bad customer service when unexpected events occur, at the last flooding in Samui even Bangkok Airways passengers had to go to the airport every day in person to inform about the flight situation, when many areas where flooded with 1m or more!

Btw where is the OP? Usually the additional fees make max a few hundred Baht, not thousands, maybe a nuisance but not more.

You are apparently a very lucky person on not having had experience with delayed flight with the AirAsia. If you want to shock yourself just start browsing certain website for reviews of airlines. And to be honest, they are rather more expensive to Nok or Orient, also my sole experience. I dont want to say they are the worst as havent tried all of the airlines but definitely a lousy one.

And we all know the advertised price doesnt mean anything without additional fees.

To be dumped in Stanstead is not London, its a country village, the Stanstead Express is about as reliable as BIG C with all the checkouts open. Not an option for me and thats before they start the rip off add ons. SHOW ME THE PRICE NOW!:angry:

Just to mention for those who might not know, that Air-Asia-Express have recently switched from Stansted to Gatwick, which has better transport-links into central-London.

Edited by Ricardo

"1,400 baht and then when you get into the site they tell you that this is only a single flight and if you want seats it will be extra etc, etc. The final figure will end up 4,000 baht plus"

1400 to 4000?

Rubbish. If your going to create a thread at least actually DO the research

Budget airlines make it clear that they offer a point to point service. But I think the OP is trying to say that he expected 1,400 would be the round trip fare.

My family have used AirAsia many many times, never a problem. They are a budget airline, we accept them for what they are. My Thai son went to school in Singapore for some time, flew home every second week-end, every flight AirAsia, never any hassle whatever.