Bualuang I Banking Bangkok Bank What A Joke!

Having set up internet banking with Bangkok Bank I have tried to use it to send money to 3rd party accounts. They have this , what one could say "not user Friendly" system where they use something called "One time passwords" OTP.This is not doubt about security but the fact is they send them to your phone and then there is nowhere to enter it when online.This is all after making a transfer from their bank to another bank and then getting a message telling me transfer is immediate, Nothing about OTP , The money is not transferred , when I call sustomer service on 1333 and request English service, I get transferred from pillar to post and then on hold for 12 minutes before I hang up. There is not a one time fee for calling them you are paying for the call by minute , which is a rip off when you are kept on hold for a long time,

Just to warn someone if you want to set up internet banking in Thailand I suggest you open an account with one of the other major banks, surely their service cant be any worse

Edited by KKvampire

Being able to read the instructions must be too much for you I would guess. Been using them for users and the OTP works perfectly. Just don't go off browsing somewhere else after the action as the OTP entry is on the page you performed the request and of course won't be able to get back to it as that would be a security issue.

Yes i find the OTP works well too,very secure and i-banking is ok with Bangkok Bank compared to stories have heard from other banks.

Sms is a new thing that will take time to bed in,as we have heard from a couple of employees here they are waiting going live to all when they are capable of it.

I agree that the OTP works fine. But I agree with the OP that customer servcie is totally useless. I changed my mobile phone number on the form that I printed out on line and took the form to the bank, The service person took copies of my passport and submitted the form. I received a nessage from Bangkok that the form was received and would be processed in 3 working days. After 19 messages back and forth with no name at the bank as contact & 3 phone calls the branch manager comes to my house with the original form and asks for my wife to sign. When I point out that the account is not our joint account but my personal account he doesn't know what to do, He calls Bangkok and goes away after having me sign the form again in two places where there is no signature line. A week later it got changed. I would close my accounts at BKB if I could, but I get my retirement from SSA in the US and they are the only bank in Thailand that are authorized to receive it. I also have internet service with SCB and it's like night and day. Their server is faster and their customer service is organized. I changed my phoone number the same day at SCB and it was done then and there in 10 minutes. BKB reminds me of how banks operated in the 1960s.

Dave,

I wasn't going to say anything on the forum since I sent you a PM. I agree that the OTP works when you use it properly. But you glanced over the most important point of the post. Your customer service stinks! There's no other way to state it. When he was having problems and needed help, when he called he was transfered into the black hole of calcutta. As you can see from my post, I got the run around for over a month about changing my phone number and adding another account. You offered to personally walk him through it if he continued to have problems by PMing you, are you now the farang customer service representative and if we have problems we should contact you and not call customer service or use the message system? If so, why do you have a customer service department?

Edited by wayned

Dave,

I wasn't going to say anything on the forum since I sent you a PM. I agree that the OTP works when you use it properly. But you glanced over the most important point of the post. Your customer service stinks! There's no other way to state it. When he was having problems and needed help, when he called he was transfered into the black hole of calcutta. As you can see from my post, I got the run around for over a month about changing my phone number and adding another account. You offered to personally walk him through it if he continued to have problems by PMing you, are you now the farang customer service representative and if we have problems we should contact you and not call customer service or use the message system? If so, why do you have a customer service department?

As i said to you in the PM, I have never denied that we do get some challenges and we endeavor to work on the improvements. With a staff of some 25000, of which 99.99% are Thai Nationals we recognise we have to put some steps in place for foreign customers who for whatever reason find the system a challenge. A key reason for being on the forum is exactly for that reason. I personally have spent time at the call centre in the evenings coaching the staff on handling foreign customers and their queries. An interesting experience and one quite cahllenging at times for the operators trying to undetrstand the many accents that come through and their issues.

We do millions of transaction a year and thankfully most go through satisfactorily. A portion that dont, end up on this forum and make good fodder for everyone. Fortunately some contributors share the more favourable experiences.

Obviously i cannot attend to every farang issue that goes wrong, however i am putting myself forward for those who have got to a point they want some extra assistance. Some I can fix, others I can't but will give it a try. If contributors would prefer Ian and i remove ourselves, we can always find other work to do.

If contributors would prefer Ian and i remove ourselves, we can always find other work to do.

I personally very much wish you two to stay on as do many other members who have appreciated your help and expertise based on previous topics/posts. There are always some who will not be satisfied regardless how much 'hand holding' is given. In this particular case of the OP, he didn't look far enough on the page it appears. I've always found it easy to find where to put the OTP after receiving it by SMS. Different screen resolutions, different browsers may put it further down the page.

Also personally, I've never had issues with their service. Can't blame an entire company for local branch issues, which as stated, efforts are being made to overcome the foreign-Thai interaction problems.

Since this is going down hill and the one member has been in contact via PM, I'm closing the topic as we are not going to allow bashing a company due to individual misunderstanding. Use the PM if you wish to carry it further.

//Closed//