I have a question for those on this forum who are very familiar with Bangkok Bank. Please take a look at the bold sentence below:

You cannot transfer funds from Bangkok Bank's account in Thailand to your account with banks or online payment service providers in the US via Bangkok Bank's New York branch and the ACH system. If you initiate direct debit or ACH debit transactions to Bangkok Bank's New York branch, banks in the US and online payment service providers may suspend your account. [Source]

Does the above bold sentence have only to do with money going OUT of Thailand to US or other locations? (If so, shouldn't it read "debit transactions from Bangkok Bank's New York branch"?)

It's my understanding that if I open a Bangkok Bank account, I WOULD tell my bank in the USA to do a ACH transfer to the NY Branch of BB. Have I missed something here?

Edited by SunshineHarvey7

I can confirm what Lopburi said. Don't ever try to send money from your BB Thai bank account to your US bank account via Bangkok Bank New York via ACH.

You couldn't if you wanted to. Your BB Thai account has no way to enter the ACH system for "push" transfers. Their transfer system, with their online banking, is strictly to 3rd parties within Thailand.

Now, I've always been curious -- for those who were able to set up both a "push" and "pull" mechanism with their US bank (USAA would only allow me to set-up a "push")-- what would happen if you tried to "pull" from your BB Thai bank account? I suspect you'd be cut off at the knees -- probably by BB NY, who knows it is not to allow such transfers under the new International ACH rules.

But, if no one is guarding the pipe, maybe not.....

JT, have you some inside knowledge on this?