Live-In Thai Girlfriend

cigar7

There will be a large number of people reading/posting in this thread who think that the only type of Thai female that exists in Thailand is the Issan girls typically found on Beach Road in Pattaya, the same variety also often found in Lower Sukhumvit and Patong - doubtless their idea of a good girl is one that doesn't work on Beach Road but instead sells her wares from the position of a shop assistant or similar. Ditto I suppose this group will also believe all the relationship horror stories of farangs and Thai females including Sin Sod, body part removal and instant wealth destruction.

Much of that perception will come I suppose from having limited exposure to anywhere other than the tourist fleshpot parts of the country already mentioned, so how can those people possibly comment sensibly or knowledgeably on an aspect of Thai culture they know nothing about and indeed have probably never even seen!

I'm reminded of the BA baggage handler I met in Don Muang years ago who glibly told me he had lived in Thailand many years and understood Thai people very well – thirty minutes later the story emerged that he still worked at Heathrow but spent all his free time in Pattaya drinking and whoring and had never seen much else in Thailand other than the airport, Pattaya and the road between the two! Another chance meeting was a fellow who prided himself on being able to assess any cultural situation very quickly, he was no fool he told me, in fact he was quite sharp, he said.

The trouble with such folks, in my opinion, is that whilst they have every right to an opinion on any subject, they invariably want to voice that opinion as fact and invariably it's incorrect, it's the farang equivalent of saving face by always having an answer, on every subject. Readers who are equally as uninformed take what they see at face value and so the stories perpetuate. Ex-pat life in Thailand for many would be so much easier to navigate if such folks would do us all a favour and remain mute.

How nice if those who know nothing about the subject they are "elucidating" would remain silent, true. What a different forum that would be. :)

> There will be a large number of people reading/posting in this

> thread who think that the only type of Thai female that exists in

> Thailand is the Issan girls typically found on Beach Road in

> Pattaya, the same variety also often found in Lower Sukhumvit and

> Patong - doubtless their idea of a good girl is one that doesn't

> work on Beach Road but instead sells her wares from the position of

> a shop assistant or similar.

A large number of men reading/posting in this thread only have access, realistically speaking, to this type of Thai female even while being quite aware that other types exist.

As pointed out in this recent post by a Thai woman, hi so Thai women don't want a farang. And the vast majority don't; that's a fact.

Attempts by farang to meet respectable and professional women are often rebuffed. This is nothing new. In the Sept 27, 1997, Postbag section of the Bangkok Post, for example, "Peter" writes

I’ve been staying alone for about two years now. About two nights a week you will find me down on Sukhumvit. Why? It’s a little better than sitting in my room watching CNN. It’s also better than going to the mall, where the girls that I really want to meet are too busy “putting their heads down and avoiding eye contact.”

This used to make me feel terrible. There have actually been many times when I was not really interested in a girl except to try to understand her obvious contempt. Since my attempts at talking, joking, or otherwise communicating with these girls have always proved unsuccessful, my attitude now is dtam jai chawp (“do as your heart likes”) . . . .

Nevertheless, horror stories abound regarding farang dealings with supposedly respectable Thai women as well.

But this is not to condemn all. Of course among the "types," gems exist. Still, finding such a gem--for the average farang--means winning against the House.

> Ditto I suppose this group will also

> believe all the relationship horror stories of farangs and Thai

> females including Sin Sod, body part removal and instant wealth destruction.

Well, most of them had better exercise great caution in view of many true relationship horror stories, some which are well-documented in newspapers and police reports. The advice column of the Pattaya Mail continually used to advise exactly that. Not that anyone pays attention to good advice. ;)

>

> Much of that perception will come I suppose from having limited

> exposure to anywhere other than the tourist fleshpot parts of the

> country already mentioned, so how can those people possibly comment

> sensibly or knowledgeably on an aspect of Thai culture they know

> nothing about and indeed have probably never even seen!

But, you see, they are commenting on the aspect of Thai culture that they do know something about and have seen, for the benefit of other members of their group.

What's the point of commenting on what they haven't seen and never will see?

Of course you may feel free to comment on the aspects of Thai culture that you know about but are largely irrelevant to the particular group to which you refer in this post.

Me, unlike your baggage handler, I've lived for many years in Thailand in diverse areas, among Thais and among a large farang community, and I've seen innumerable farang-Thai relationships of varying durations. (Had a few myself!) From what I've observed firsthand, I know that the stories related here at TV are just the tip of the iceberg. The stories I could tell you . . . .

At the same time, as I say, I have seen a few successful, stable relationships. (I don't wanna appear overly negative here. :)) Most of those involved ongoing payment and other forms of asset transfer to the Thai partner--but not all them; I applaud the latter and wonder what would happen to the former if the payment and asset transfer stopped or were suddenly found insufficient.

As I said earlier, even when gambling against the House, some do win.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Once I understand that a white guy is paying his gf/wife a salary/allowance, his lady will never be allowed to meet my lady socially.

I suppose that's another benefit.

What if she's my secretary?

What if I've got a heavy tan? Or if I'm a darkie?

If I give the bairns an allowance - is that OK?

SC

Once I understand that a white guy is paying his gf/wife a salary/allowance, his lady will never be allowed to meet my lady socially.

I suppose that's another benefit.

What if she's my secretary?

What if I've got a heavy tan? Or if I'm a darkie?

If I give the bairns an allowance - is that OK?

SC

a) I don't approve of people who molest their staff. Keep it out of the office!

B) I plead the fifth

c) pocket money OK (20-50bht for school), allowance not

PS

paying the MIL not to live with you IS OK (and entirely reasonable as long as you give the money direct to MIL)).

Edited by ludditeman

I see nothing at all wrong with giving a woman a small amount of money every month.

The last one got 6K per month. The one before that got 7.5K per month. BOTH were a lot cheaper than my ex wife back in the UK. !!!! None of my women here have been bar girls.

For that money I got companionship, sex almost every day with a woman 20+ years younger than me and someone to take care of the Thai things I needed a translator for. Being together month on month means sex without a condom too. Gives you someone to snuggle up to. Better than eating on your own too. Often they will clean and cook, do laundry and other things like cutting your nails, taking care of you when you are sick

So where is the problem with giving the woman some cash every month???

Whether you pay a woman money or not you are still liable to have emotional problems, problems over the television, you going out to the pub or whatever. If you are happy enough to give her an allowance and an allowance that is not ripping you off, do it. Sod what other people think.

Your friends are all NUTS do they do this with a girlfriend in their own country?

I used to have girlfriends in my own country and depending upon who was working or not working at the time we did take care of eachother financially.

The implication in this thread is they aint ever working, which strikes me as odd

Aint ever working. Takes care of him? cleaning daily ? cooking? shopping? looks after him in bed? Sometimes all for Bt1,000 a week, more like slave labour. Maybe they should get job on a building site as well?

jb1

Are you claiming that they are only having sex for money, not because they enjoy it? That would make them prostitutes, and that's illegal in Thailand.

maybe you should read this before getting a live in thai girfriend

http://www.thaivisa...._1#entry4900993

it is easy to get them in, hard to get them out

like i told the mamasan when she said i should take 2 girls<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">i laughed and said, sometimes one is TOO many<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">she laughed and said, you've been married

Edited by wxyz

like i told the mamasan when she said i should take 2 girls<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">i laughed and said, sometimes one is TOO many<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">she laughed and said, you've been married

Don't mean to pry, but is HTML your first language?

You're right tots, it is both taking advantage of each other. And I personally have no objection to that provided all parties involved are happy.

But why (do people like the OP) pretend it is anything other than that?

Because discussing prostitution is a violation of forum rules?

Because here the theory of "fair mutual benefit" is so often out of synch with the reality for our poor babes-in-the-woods, starry-eyed farangs. It reminds of that classic line in Jurassic Park after somebody sees the gentle dinos for the first time: "Oh, yeah. Oooh, ahhh, that's how it always starts. Then later there's running and screaming."

Then later, there's quite often lying, cheating, knives, robbery (you gotta sleep), balcony jumping--and, quite commonly, rampant extortion aided and abetted by police corruption. At the least, there's often a constant subtle manipulation until the farang is being led around by the nose and bled without even realizing it.

Here you are, situation du jour: http://www.thaivisa....-gf-what-to-do/

See, it's playing against the House while thinking it's clean game. A few win, most don't, and IMO not worth the risk. Been there, done that, seen it--see it all around where I live--and won't get into that situation again.

Even in the USA, there's palimony.

There will be a large number of people reading/posting in this thread who think that the only type of Thai female that exists in Thailand is the Issan girls typically found on Beach Road in Pattaya, the same variety also often found in Lower Sukhumvit and Patong - doubtless their idea of a good girl is one that doesn't work on Beach Road but instead sells her wares from the position of a shop assistant or similar. Ditto I suppose this group will also believe all the relationship horror stories of farangs and Thai females including Sin Sod, body part removal and instant wealth destruction.

Much of that perception will come I suppose from having limited exposure to anywhere other than the tourist fleshpot parts of the country already mentioned, so how can those people possibly comment sensibly or knowledgeably on an aspect of Thai culture they know nothing about and indeed have probably never even seen!

I'm reminded of the BA baggage handler I met in Don Muang years ago who glibly told me he had lived in Thailand many years and understood Thai people very well – thirty minutes later the story emerged that he still worked at Heathrow but spent all his free time in Pattaya drinking and whoring and had never seen much else in Thailand other than the airport, Pattaya and the road between the two! Another chance meeting was a fellow who prided himself on being able to assess any cultural situation very quickly, he was no fool he told me, in fact he was quite sharp, he said.

The trouble with such folks, in my opinion, is that whilst they have every right to an opinion on any subject, they invariably want to voice that opinion as fact and invariably it's incorrect, it's the farang equivalent of saving face by always having an answer, on every subject. Readers who are equally as uninformed take what they see at face value and so the stories perpetuate. Ex-pat life in Thailand for many would be so much easier to navigate if such folks would do us all a favour and remain mute.

Excellent post. And do you have anything to offer as an alternative. Or should those of you who know better, remain mute to avoid alerting us ignoramuses, while we remain mute because of our limited and narrow experience?

At least that would make for a shorter thread....

SC

My friends, who all live in Pattaya, give their GF any where from 1K per week to 10k per month, plus they provide all food, drinks, entertainment and medical care. They occassionally take her for short trips to Koh Sami, her village and other places. She basically takes care of him, cleans the condo daily, cooks and shops, if required, and of course, keeps him happy in bed. She uses her stipend for makeup, clothes and gifts to her parents. Most of the GFs don't work outside of the home, but some do.

I can imagine the lifestyle for a bloke who's flash enough to dole out the princely sum of 1k a week as a stipend. Hate the game don't hate the playa!

Food - Can of sardines ( Not 3 Lady Cooks - too pricey )

Drinks - From free drinking water dispenser in Tesco Lotus

Entertainment - Counting the geckos on the ceiling of an evening

Medical Bills - 2 Tiffy and a pack of Fisherman's Friend

Trip to Koh Samui- check daily tides as she has to swim there

Trip to other places - next door neighbour's garden

Trip to her village - Claim GPS in car is broken so can't go.

Gift for parent's - Lighter for dad ( disposable ), Free calendar from SCB for mum.

Clothes - steal from next door neighbour's washing line whilst on aforementioned trip to other places

Makeup - Demo counter at Central

:D

( All in jest mate )

That was a good one!wink.gif

I always liked the saying

"A good wife is a cook in the kitchen,a lady in public and a whore in bed."

The first to can be taught easily but the last needs the woman to have the inclination. If western women could compete most of us wouldnot be here.

If a man has to come all this way to get satisfaction in a relationship. Says a lot about western women I feel. And for the man to have to adopt some of the asian family practices, just shows are happy they are with what they have.

So when a man gives his GF as he may call her but to the thais she is his wife, a monthly allowance, he is just doing what all good asian men do. If he didnot pay he would be going against asian practice in the home and just be a problem.

Or then again perhaps the Western men here find it difficult to find Western women that are attracted to them?

Edit - A real problem as most Western women don't demand money from their boyfriend, but that's obviously a fault on their part.

They only demand it after divorcelaugh.gif Same motives...different price

Excellent post. And do you have anything to offer as an alternative. Or should those of you who know better, remain mute to avoid alerting us ignoramuses, while we remain mute because of our limited and narrow experience?

At least that would make for a shorter thread....

SC

I think the answer rests in emerging technology, a new man machine interface incorporating a lie detector and C4 laden headphones that detonate when the posters BS quotient exceeds one small item of BS for each one hundred words! Alternatively, look for posters with high time in country (TIC) and higher than average intelligence/common sense/wherewithal etc (nouse), high TIC alone means little hence the two traits are needed, find half a dozen of them and take the average of their answers and you might be somewhere close to a reliable answer.

The first to can be taught easily but the last needs the woman to have the inclination. If western women could compete most of us wouldnot be here.

If a man has to come all this way to get satisfaction in a relationship. Says a lot about western women I feel. And for the man to have to adopt some of the asian family practices, just shows are happy they are with what they have.

So when a man gives his GF as he may call her but to the thais she is his wife, a monthly allowance, he is just doing what all good asian men do. If he didnot pay he would be going against asian practice in the home and just be a problem.

Or then again perhaps the Western men here find it difficult to find Western women that are attracted to them?

Edit - A real problem as most Western women don't demand money from their boyfriend, but that's obviously a fault on their part.

I don't think you are all that clued in to what is moving in the young western world. It seems back here, everyday I meet more younger guys with foreign girlfriends and wives, Greece, Spain, Iran, Asia and keep in mind these are successful guys by all normal measures. There is simply very little that most western women offer in a relationship these days besides sex and one night stands are quite easy to find these days in western bars. The flipside is more and more single women in the west who wonder why they are single. As for your last statement, welfare states are a clever way of taking money from men and giving to women, I think you'll find that as the bloated welfare states come tumbling down in the next two decades a lot more western men are going to be considered 'hansum' again.

men anywhere on the planet, for women, your name is ATM

it is written on your forehead, like a big L for loser

your thia girl and family will work you like a water buffalo

you are their johnny paycheck for the bills

and they have their lovers on the side for the thrills

but you knew that already

men anywhere on the planet, for women, your name is ATM

it is written on your forehead, like a big L for loser

your thia girl and family will work you like a water buffalo

you are their johnny paycheck for the bills

and they have their lovers on the side for the thrills

but you knew that already

Hearsay or first hand knowledge might I ask?

I have some friends who have a live-in Thai girlfriend. My understanding is that is customary to provide an allowance, pocket money or a stipend to one's live-in Thai girlfriend.

My friends, who all live in Pattaya, give their GF any where from 1K per week to 10k per month, plus they provide all food, drinks, entertainment and medical care. They occassionally take her for short trips to Koh Sami, her village and other places. She basically takes care of him, cleans the condo daily, cooks and shops, if required, and of course, keeps him happy in bed. She uses her stipend for makeup, clothes and gifts to her parents. Most of the GFs don't work outside of the home, but some do.

I'd love to have a live-in Thai GF. What are other guys doing for their live-in Thai girlfriends?

Your friends are all NUTS do they do this with a girlfriend in their own country?

In my own country i wouldn't get a 25 year old to stay with me a 58 year old. I pay mine 10,000 baht a month plus her food, trips etc.

Here we go, openly discuss how much money one's paying, for their GF's services and compare the value for what you pay is totally cool here, BUT never tell anyone they bought their GF, nooooo! It is a big offense ! biggrin.gif

Amazing Thailand !

I don't think you are all that clued in to what is moving in the young western world. It seems back here, everyday I meet more younger guys with foreign girlfriends and wives, Greece, Spain, Iran, Asia and keep in mind these are successful guys by all normal measures. There is simply very little that most western women offer in a relationship these days besides sex and one night stands are quite easy to find these days in western bars. The flipside is more and more single women in the west who wonder why they are single. As for your last statement, welfare states are a clever way of taking money from men and giving to women, I think you'll find that as the bloated welfare states come tumbling down in the next two decades a lot more western men are going to be considered 'hansum' again.

Re the welfare state. I read recently that Ireland will no longer be paying single women a living wage to keep their children at working people's expense. Hopefully that is something that will also happen elsewhere, and especially in my home country, where girls could obtain a better lifestyle than I could afford merely by neglecting to use contraceptives on their one night stands.

the govts paying women to have and take care of their children is as dumb as,

govts giving foreign aid to 3rd world dictators to take care of their citizens,

the woman and the dictator pocket the majority of it, the children and the citizens hardly see any of it.

My wife gives me an allowance from the money we make. But its both of our money, I see no reason why anyone would give a woman an allowance to a girl who just sits at home being lazy and does F all.

If she had a job and was making far less than you, then I "sort of" understand.

A whore in bed, well that's a little selfish and one sided, No? ( Typical sexist mores. ) When is she just to be a partner? Just a woman? I think western men having to travel to SEA to fulfill their requirements says much more about their selfish expectations than it does about western women no longer agreeing to the second tiered roles.

A whore in bed, well that's a little selfish and one sided, No? ( Typical sexist mores. ) When is she just to be a partner? Just a woman? I think western men having to travel to SEA to fulfill their requirements says much more about their selfish expectations than it does about western women no longer agreeing to the second tiered roles.

The whore in bed part of the quote is harsh. More of a quote from the lads in the pub after a few beers talking of slappers. If you want a whore in your bed then surely it is down to your own attitude?

Surely it is far far better to make love to a woman and much more pleasurable. I think so anyway because true love-making can involve many little pleasures.

A whore in bed, well that's a little selfish and one sided, No? ( Typical sexist mores. ) When is she just to be a partner? Just a woman? I think western men having to travel to SEA to fulfill their requirements says much more about their selfish expectations than it does about western women no longer agreeing to the second tiered roles. [quote name='lovelomsak'

How about we men stop being selfish and one sided, and she is just a partner when she stops taking our homes and children from us, and earns her own pension instead of expecting half of ours.

Edited by ludditeman

Maybe you haven't discovered it yet, but most women enjoy getting freaky in bed once they feel secure enough that you won't freak out yourself and be all like 'oh noes, my princess, my all, my everything actually likes sex! what will I do!'. That there whore/madonna complex I am sure you know. Western women are plenty whores in bed, it's just that these days', they offer little besides that in a relationship.